IGNORED

Shrews/Wolves? Ticket Prices Confirmed (Merged)

RedLionLad

19 minutes ago, italian dave said:

They can't wait for all the replays before deciding though, can they? At least, not waiting til then before fixing dates etc. They'll have to take a chance (assume Wolves and cheating Brentford win) and then make a last minute change to the match, but not the date, if something unexpected happens.

Replays are next week , I would imagine will wait to see who goes through

2 minutes ago, Super said:

More attractive than quite a few of those fixtures.

If Brentford get through then yeh it’s better than Swansea v them cos both are mid-table championship sides. 

Pompey will be on if they get though and they may see QPR v Watford as better than us anyway. I’d put it on a par. 

All the others will get on over us I think. 

So unlikely overall but you never know. 

3 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

With our record of beating 5 Premier League teams in the last 18 months at Ashton Gate i'd be astonished if we're not chosen for TV for this game.

With our record of being Bristol City, who has never been in the premier league, , I'd be astonished if we're not the last team they think of for TV coverage!

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not in the slightest. 

City have beaten PL teams before.

Very recently in fact.

Across both cups over the last 2 seasons, I make it 5 PL sides eliminated- which is pretty outstanding! :clapping:

However Wolves seem fairly strong and will be playing for the Cup as a clear priority unlike say Leicester at Newport so they would be favourites, but not by much.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

With our record of being Bristol City, who has never been in the premier league, , I'd be astonished if we're not the last team they think of for TV coverage!

Neither Barnet nor Brentford have never been in the Premier League but that was on tele last night?

Personally I hope it's not chosen. Saturday 3pm will do me fine!

4 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Neither Barnet nor Brentford have never been in the Premier League but that was on tele last night?

Ah, but they fall into the plucky underdog bracket.

We don;t seem to qualify in any category on which TV choses the matches to televise - celebrity manager, ex-premier team, illustrious history, sleeping giant etc. etc.

20 minutes ago, downendcity said:

We don;t seem to qualify in any category on which TV choses the matches to televise - celebrity manager, ex-premier team, illustrious history, sleeping giant etc. etc.

Surely they can trot out that old "sleeping giant" chestnut ? 

14 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Surely they can trot out that old "sleeping giant" chestnut ? 

We've never been a giant, so whether we are sleeping or not is irrelevant. :) 

35 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I guess we must fall into the potential shock category seeing as we've beat 5 Premier League teams and run Man City close twice in the last year or so?

1 hour ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

2 London sides, one currently struggling in the Conference, at home to a Championship side.

An absolutely prime pick for TV.

Much better than Palace vs Spurs.

5 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I disagree that it wouldn't be a upset...... Championship beating Premier league is an upset.... 

Why didn’t you originally post that then TM? 

Instead you awarded me a eggplant..............:cool2:.............:sleeping:

Anyway.....back to my point.......Wolves are a newly promoted PL club and no doubt desperate to preserve their PL status. Currently they’re around 8th or 9th I think but only 10 points above the drop zone and I’m not sure how strong their team will be if they get past the Shrews and play us at AG. 

If they do get through the replay they won’t fancy playing us at AG with City on an impressive unbeaten run so if we beat them I wouldn’t see it as an upset.

Its not as if we’re still a lower league club these days.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why didn’t you originally post that then TM? 

Instead you awarded me a eggplant..............:cool2:.............:sleeping:

Anyway.....back to my point.......Wolves are a newly promoted PL club and no doubt desperate to preserve their PL status. Currently they’re around 8th or 9th I think but only 10 points above the drop zone and I’m not sure how strong their team will be if they get past the Shrews and play us at AG. 

If they do get through the replay they won’t fancy playing us at AG with City on an impressive unbeaten run so if we beat them I wouldn’t see it as an upset.

Its not as if we’re still a lower league club these days.

Only ten points above drop zone?!

Do you know how long it takes teams at the bottom to get ten points. 

Wolves are safe and only have one thing to play for realistically. 

29 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Only ten points above drop zone?!

Do you know how long it takes teams at the bottom to get ten points. 

Wolves are safe and only have one thing to play for realistically. 

As in any league teams do and can ‘hit the wall’. That’s happened to Wolves before and it could happen again. They need another six wins (18 points ) to reach the magic 50 points.......that has to be a priority.

Archived