IGNORED

Poor old Bob

AshtonGreat

22 minutes ago, briswheniwasalad said:

Is anyone really surprised he had one good season for us , surely to be ready or even worth a punt with a premiership team you need to back it up with a second positive season 

No I don't think so, 46 games is long enough to show ability, and let's not forget he showed enough behind the scenes that for so many years people thought him worth persevering with. 

What Reid brings is not just his attacking threat, it's the defending from the front. It was a bad move from the perspective of his chance to shine given he was never going to fit in to that team, but a good move for him financially, for us and for stability in his personal life. 

I'd have him back in a heartbeat, and say we traded places with Cardiff in June, I'd buy him back if a deal could be done.

Sometimes a move just isn't right for a good player as a manager doesn't play to his strengths. Christ, we played a left back striker (Styver), a target man left wing (Chris Wood), and a centre back a super sub number 9 (Vasko). 

8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Great for us last season. Made us a lot of money too plus secured his future. We can all see hes struggling but I wish him well.despite the Ayatollah he was told to do.

Was always going to struggle in that side imo. Saying that he had some praise on SKY tonight for his performance despite missing 2 very decent chances. 

Any true Bristol City fan in his shoes (those who’d choose to join them) would turn down their requests, new employers or not its nearly as bad as signing for the fewers and singing about that slag Irene because Wally wants you to.

8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Was always going to struggle in that side imo. Saying that he had some praise on SKY tonight for his performance despite missing 2 very decent chances. 

Any true Bristol City fan in his shoes (those who’d choose to join them) would turn down their requests, new employers or not its nearly as bad as signing for the fewers and singing about that slag Irene because Wally wants you to.

Never thought he was actually a City fan. I understand your sentiments of course but anyone turning down a move to a premier league side whoever that may be would regret it to their dying day.

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He's an arsenal fan...unfortunately like so many bristolians of that generation if you're not in the PL and winning, you're not worth knowing :(

I blame the parents; who forced us 'better' haha 

The flop was Warnock's.  Reid was never gonna be successful in a Warnock side.  The singing was unfathomable in my eyes. 

With any luck Reid will have his wages adjusted if they get relegated and we can get him back at a cut price deal.  

Love the lad.  Always will.  

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I stand corrected. Anyway, isn't that Armani Cordova-Reid 

Armani is his middle name apparently - at least I think it is....imagine playing pound a letter to print that name on the back of yer Cardiff shirt....! 

I remember Hull City saying that they’d sold zero shirts with Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink on the back for that very reason!

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The style of football they are currently playing,

its similar to what we were playing out our best,

the lad can finish we’ve seen that but he can’t play in a hoofball team, we’ve also seen that

Do you think he would be as good as Rashford?

Was always a terrible move, football wise. Can’t hold his reasons for it against him though, but always smacked of jumping at the first whiff of the dosh.

Not sure he’ll get another premier league side in for him if Cardiff go down as they’ll want to keep him, and will be highly unlikely to recover the fee. 

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Do you think he would be as good as Rashford?

No, nowhere near

Different type of players, rashfords game is better he is bigger and stronger and offers more to the team,

bobby seems to be a player that needs 4 chances to score 1,

he’d get those chances at a team like united (post Jose) he doesn’t a cardiff,

I’m simply saying that put him in a better side that creates more chances then he’d score a lot more goals

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

No, nowhere near

Different type of players, rashfords game is better he is bigger and stronger and offers more to the team,

I’m simply saying that put him in a better side that creates more chances then he’d score a lot more goals

Not so sure about that. I would have him back though as we know he can do it at this level.

Typical **** from The Gruaniad.

Reid's a 'flop' only to those stupid enough to believe price equates to quality and from a rag whose front covers report that that millions of British kids are brought up in poverty (sic) but on page 17 read about the 10 'must have' mens shorts this season (cheapest of which will set one back small change from a Monkey - Arsechaps of Hoxton if interested,) thick as a brick readership is assured.

As we all know Reid had one glorious Championship summer but striker he is not. I'd have thought Uncle Fester blowing a fortune on someone decent but not exceptional would be seen as a success by Gruaniad readers.

Now where's my Waitrose Avocado...?

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No, nowhere near

Put any striker in a better side that creates more chances and they'd score more goals. Bit of a pointless statement tbf. 

Reid isn't good enough to be a striker in the Prem. It'll be interesting to see if he gets anywhere near the 20 odd he scored for us in the championship again. 

38 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Typical **** from The Gruaniad.

Reid's a 'flop' only to those stupid enough to believe price equates to quality and from a rag whose front covers report that that millions of British kids are brought up in poverty (sic) but on page 17 read about the 10 'must have' mens shorts this season (cheapest of which will set one back small change from a Monkey - Arsechaps of Hoxton if interested,) thick as a brick readership is assured.

As we all know Reid had one glorious Championship summer but striker he is not. I'd have thought Uncle Fester blowing a fortune on someone decent but not exceptional would be seen as a success by Gruaniad readers.

Now where's my Waitrose Avocado...?

Sorry, you’ve lost me. But then I’ve just got back from Waitrose with my Guardian and Chicken & Avocado sandwich, so I can see already the view you have of my intelligence levels!

Surely a flop is exactly what you describe. A vast amount of money being spent on something/someone that doesn’t deliver what you (as purchaser) expected and/or buying someone as a striker and then finding out that’s not what they really are. I don’t think ‘flop’ is aimed at Bobby personally, just at the success (or otherwise) of Cardiff’s investment in him.

How’s the Mail by the way? Still pontificating about the sexualisation of children in print while publishing pictures of teenage girls in their underwear on line?

I have faith in Bobby’s ability to step up .

He has so much more to his game than goals and , as others have said , in a team set up differently he would surely get back on the goal trail. 

Cardiff were always going to struggle and chances are at premium.

Add in the fact that the lad hasn’t had a run of starts all contributes to a disappointing debut to his career in the top flight .

It’s in our interest that he succeeds , for the reputation of our club and if there are any add ons concerning Cardiff staying up , his number of appearances , goals etc. 

We should be commending one of our academy products who has made it to the Prem.

Archived