IGNORED

Poor old Bob

AshtonGreat

On 30/01/2019 at 12:43, BRISTOL86 said:

Was always a terrible move, football wise. Can’t hold his reasons for it against him though, but always smacked of jumping at the first whiff of the dosh.

Not sure he’ll get another premier league side in for him if Cardiff go down as they’ll want to keep him, and will be highly unlikely to recover the fee. 

To be fair, he got a £1m signing on fee....and his wages were quadrupled.

After one good season where 12 months before he was in the last chance saloon....he would of been crazy to turn it down 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair, he got a £1m signing on fee....and his wages were quadrupled.

After one good season where 12 months before he was in the last chance saloon....he would of been crazy to turn it down 

Absolutely. Like I said can’t fault his motives at all. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely. Like I said can’t fault his motives at all. 

I have to say Reid aside....I don't think we are now missing the other two that left

Webster who for me, looked shakey the first two games I seen him....now looks one of the most 'complete' defenders I have ever watched in a City shirt. Fantastic player 

On 30 January 2019 at 13:47, Major Isewater said:

I have faith in Bobby’s ability to step up .

He has so much more to his game than goals and , as others have said , in a team set up differently he would surely get back on the goal trail. 

Cardiff were always going to struggle and chances are at premium.

Add in the fact that the lad hasn’t had a run of starts all contributes to a disappointing debut to his career in the top flight .

It’s in our interest that he succeeds , for the reputation of our club and if there are any add ons concerning Cardiff staying up , his number of appearances , goals etc. 

We should be commending one of our academy products who has made it to the Prem.

Major it's almost like you were able to predict yesterday's game!

"Little Bobby" has "gone from zero to hero" in the space a few days. With the unfortunate passing of Emiliano Sala, he may actually see more game time and starts, plus Cardiff might even start playing to his strengths. Plus he showed composure taking the penalty, just like he did at the Etihad last season.

Both Bobby and Joe Bryan have been in struggling teams where it's hard to shine. However both have shown flashes of how and why they are capable at playing at this level (see Bryan's cross to Mitrovic yesterday for evidence). What's really a shame is that they didn't make it to the PL with us!

9 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Major it's almost like you were able to predict yesterday's game!

"Little Bobby" has "gone from zero to hero" in the space a few days. With the unfortunate passing of Emiliano Sala, he may actually see more game time and starts, plus Cardiff might even start playing to his strengths. Plus he showed composure taking the penalty, just like he did at the Etihad last season.

Both Bobby and Joe Bryan have been in struggling teams where it's hard to shine. However both have shown flashes of how and why they are capable at playing at this level (see Bryan's cross to Mitrovic yesterday for evidence). What's really a shame is that they didn't make it to the PL with us!

Such a shame.  Lets hope we give our currented talented youngsters a reason to stay. I love supporting a club with so many of our youngsters being given a chance.

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I have to say Reid aside....I don't think we are now missing the other two that left

Webster who for me, looked shakey the first two games I seen him....now looks one of the most 'complete' defenders I have ever watched in a City shirt. Fantastic player 

Not at all. Webster is as you say a more complete player than Flint for my money and I can’t see what Bryan would offer us over LK/JDS.

The fact that we’ve gone from 1.26 goals against per game last season (and worse both seasons before) to 1.00 this season speaks volumes about the state of our defence now versus the last couple of seasons. 

In fact only one team in the league have been breached less than we have. 

Archived