IGNORED

So....where's the snow then?

slartibartfast

Arctic vortex, white-out, yellow alert?

So I cancelled a long standing arrangement for a meal out with friends, you know, silly to put all ourselves in jeopardy.                What happens.........nothing!            Don't get me wrong, don't want it, but these forecasters have ONE job, can't even do that right.Reckon it's the same guys who predicted signing BA, ******* useless !

edit  just started :grr:

• Admin
30 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It snowed a lot later than forecast, but there is a decent amount in Bristol this morning and it's just started snowing a little heavily.

Got the train up from WSM this morning to Bristol, not too bad until the Long Ashton area, but even on that run in the roads are passable etc, once it stops in the next hour or so thats it

Had the pleasure of being the first to attempt to drive out of my street this morning. That part was interesting.

All other roads I had to take from Ashton to Temple Meads were absolutely fine. Still coming down though. Hopeful of an early finish from work and early start at the pub!

Where's the snow then? ?

:laugh:

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Arctic vortex, white-out, yellow alert?

So I cancelled a long standing arrangement for a meal out with friends, you know, silly to put all ourselves in jeopardy.                What happens.........nothing!            Don't get me wrong, don't want it, but these forecasters have ONE job, can't even do that right.Reckon it's the same guys who predicted signing BA, ******* useless !

edit  just started :grr:

Up there with my "Top 8 this season? you're having a laugh"

22 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Woke up to a good 3 inches this morning (oo er!) here in K-Wood and its still coming down heavy.

We have about the same here in Nailsea overnight. I squinted with the glare when I opened the curtains earlier......

Its still snowing now.

18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Actually started thawing already here.

We've got a new pup who has never seen snow before so she's loving bounding about in it.

She's already eaten the snowman's carrot! ?

I bet that made his eyes water.

Loads of snow down here on the moor and it don`t look like going anywhere anytime soon so neither will I be. Still, Mrs RRH is stuck at her friend`s in Tavistock so it`s not all bad - an afternoon watching the cricket awaits!

Ok so I ran out of money earlier in the week.

So gambled on my pay coming in today (started new job 2 weeks ago so wasn't 100% sure if it was coming today) and spent my last £2 on food Wednesday night thinking I'll eat what I can, do bugger all Thursday and wake up 1am ish Friday and get a takeaway as essentially my breakfast. Not the most healthy, but didn't fancy walking 4 miles to a 24 hour shop.

When I went to sleep last night it hadn't started snowing. At 3.30 am I called to say my takeaway was 30 minutes late- I was told the driver couldn't get to my flat because "the snow was half a meter deep" (a bit of an exaggeration).

I got my food from the side of a main road about a 10 minute walk from my flat, so got home at 3.50ish. At 6.30 when I left for work my footprints were completely covered by fresh snow. Got to work and all events were cancelled because of snow so sent home after about 3.5 hours- by the time I got home my footprints from when I left were covered again and there's about 8-10 inches of snow directly outside my door, although it does form a bit of a drift there so not representative of the whole area.

The 2 mile walk to work wasn't too fun mind, I was the first person on the paths and it was at least 6-7 inches deep as it was coming over the top of the ankles on my steel toe caps.

37 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Ok so I ran out of money earlier in the week.

So gambled on my pay coming in today (started new job 2 weeks ago so wasn't 100% sure if it was coming today) and spent my last £2 on food Wednesday night thinking I'll eat what I can, do bugger all Thursday and wake up 1am ish Friday and get a takeaway as essentially my breakfast. Not the most healthy, but didn't fancy walking 4 miles to a 24 hour shop.

When I went to sleep last night it hadn't started snowing. At 3.30 am I called to say my takeaway was 30 minutes late- I was told the driver couldn't get to my flat because "the snow was half a meter deep" (a bit of an exaggeration).

I got my food from the side of a main road about a 10 minute walk from my flat, so got home at 3.50ish. At 6.30 when I left for work my footprints were completely covered by fresh snow. Got to work and all events were cancelled because of snow so sent home after about 3.5 hours- by the time I got home my footprints from when I left were covered again and there's about 8-10 inches of snow directly outside my door, although it does form a bit of a drift there so not representative of the whole area.

The 2 mile walk to work wasn't too fun mind, I was the first person on the paths and it was at least 6-7 inches deep as it was coming over the top of the ankles on my steel toe caps.

If only Simon Mayo still had his slot on radio 1 that would have made a beautiful story

I've read it but am a bit puzzled what you were trying to tell us?

What relevance was the money in the story?

Thanks for letting us know that snow falls and covers footprints

25 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

If only Simon Mayo still had his slot on radio 1 that would have made a beautiful story

I've read it but am a bit puzzled what you were trying to tell us?

What relevance was the money in the story?

Thanks for letting us know that snow falls and covers footprints

Just saying there was pretty heavy snow where I was.

The money not hugely relevant but was to explain why I was wandering around at 3.30am.

Archived