IGNORED

Wolves v Shrewsbury match day thread

daored

15 minutes ago, daored said:

It’s a statement of opinion, based on the strength of their starting 11 an upset is unlikely. Does that mean it won’t happen , of course not 

14 minutes ago, Super said:

Slightly different! Wolves are about 50 odd places above Shrewsbury and at home.

:laugh:. Of course no one from the lower leagues have even beaten premier League opposition. My bad.

13 minutes ago, daored said:

Who said they haven’t ? 

You said it was difficult to see an upset, I'm not sure how you can say that when over the years many lower League clubs have beaten premier League opposition. That's why the fa cup is what it is.a lot of the times like with Newport and Shrewsbury tonight I actually had them as favourites. Wolves and Boro don't give a crap about these type of games whilst the lower League clubs it could be the biggest game of someone's career.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

You said it was difficult to see an upset, I'm not sure how you can say that when over the years many lower League clubs have beaten premier League opposition. That's why the fa cup is what it is.a lot of the times like with Newport and Shrewsbury tonight I actually had them as favourites. Wolves and Boro don't give a crap about these type of games whilst the lower League clubs it could be the biggest game of someone's career.

A premier league team at home playing a strong team who aren’t going to win the league, qualify for Europe of goal down. Wolves would see the cup as a competition they can win.

A championship club who make a number of changes , who’ve got a huge game on the weekend playing away against a team who rested their players in a league game, upset highly likely as is currently the situation.

My comment was about the Wolves game 

Will be a big test of our credentials, no doubt. Wolves will be going for this tournament too.

Big crowd hopefully, TV cameras at AG. Shame it's a 1pm kickoff, my preferred TV slot is 5.30pm under the lights.

However, for all Wolves excellence especially in recent weeks but excellence overall since the start of last season, we have across both Cups eliminated 5 PL sides in that same period. They're favourites but we are definitely not without hope 

36 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Arguably for the best we go out against Wolves, concentrate on the league? 

Wolves at full strength likely to be too good for us to spring a surprise?

Been wary of posting similiar if I am honest.

Against Huddersfield I was very much ‘lets go for it’. Thought we were well placed for a pretty dull, but safe, last third of the season. Then, here we are now! Sixth, with as good a shot as anyone for the play offs. A very good Wolves side, with a very decent chance of going very deep in to this cup, and then if we win, even bigger games to come for us. For sure we can win it, would not be a massive cup shock, but do we throw everything at it?

Torn to be honest. 

7 hours ago, cityexile said:

Been wary of posting similiar if I am honest.

Against Huddersfield I was very much ‘lets go for it’. Thought we were well placed for a pretty dull, but safe, last third of the season. Then, here we are now! Sixth, with as good a shot as anyone for the play offs. A very good Wolves side, with a very decent chance of going very deep in to this cup, and then if we win, even bigger games to come for us. For sure we can win it, would not be a massive cup shock, but do we throw everything at it?

Torn to be honest. 

Thankfully no replays which I think will have an impact on Johnson’s team selection. 

1 hour ago, REDLEE said:

I actually fancy our chances against Wolves. They're a very good side, but even at full strength, Shrewsbury have caused them major problems over 2 games! 

First team? Wolves were nowhere near full strength the first choice front 5 didn’t start (Neves, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Jota, Jimenez) and obviously our keeper was our back up.

Shows our back up players haven’t got the motivation though against lower league opposition.

Have no doubt we’ll play our first X1 against you though next weekend 

1 hour ago, JayWolfThe2nd said:

First team? Wolves were nowhere near full strength the first choice front 5 didn’t start (Neves, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Jota, Jimenez) and obviously our keeper was our back up.

Shows our back up players haven’t got the motivation though against lower league opposition.

Have no doubt we’ll play our first X1 against you though next weekend 

I'll rephrase that then. Looked like you had a fairly strong team out at various stages of the tie. Still fancy our chances in a one off match, although I'm aware you will see it as a great chance to reach the final! 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

I'll rephrase that then. Looked like you had a fairly strong team out at various stages of the tie. Still fancy our chances in a one off match, although I'm aware you will see it as a great chance to reach the final! 

They will need a stronger side than they put out in both games against Shrewsbury otherwise we will beat them

• Admin
Just now, REDLEE said:

Let's hope they have a man sent off early like last season. And we manage to keep 11 on the pitch!!

Looking back that defeat was where the wheels started falling off for us last season, would be nice to go in the other direction after playing them next weekend

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Looking back that defeat was where the wheels started falling off for us last season, would be nice to go in the other direction after playing them next weekend

Someone noted that the last time we played Wolves in the FA cup they reached the semifinals and we finished eighth in our division. 

You could probably get good odds on that happening again.

Archived