IGNORED

Villa v Blades Tonight

myol'man

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I don’t think so. Not Villa in this style, it’s a shot in the arm. A score draw before ko for sure, but not villa coming from 3 behind, that’s a big confidence builder 

We are 3 points and 2 games in hand ahead of Villa. If we have any ambitions whatsoever of making the playoffs then there is no way we should be worrying about them. 

I don’t think so. Not Villa in this style, it’s a shot in the arm. A score draw before ko for sure, but not villa coming from 3 behind, that’s a big confidence builder 

Sure, but they drop another two points at home. 14 draws this season now and starting to run out of games. Good result for us.

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

The other side of the coin is that this could dent SU’s confidence.

I see your glass is half full, sir. Either way, let’s seem em off haha

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

The other side of the coin is that they have now conceded 49 goals, 20 more than us.

Smith seems to have no more idea how to sort out a defence than Bruce did.

1 minute ago, Chris_Brown said:

We are 3 points and 2 games in hand ahead of Villa. If we have any ambitions whatsoever of making the playoffs then there is no way we should be worrying about them. 

With their squad, no one should write villa off. We see time and time again a stint of form gains you many places in this league. 

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Sure, but they drop another two points at home. 14 draws this season now and starting to run out of games. Good result for us.

They do drop, that’ll ‘feel’ a victory though. Frankly the BEST result for us would have been 1-1 at half time and a bore draw second half. But it ain’t bad; I just caution I wouldn’t write villa off any time soon, if they (the players AND the fans) get the belief to fight until the end, they could be some force. Disgruntled home fans Is what I want up there. 

With their squad, no one should write villa off. We see time and time again a stint of form gains you many places in this league. 

Only if their defending suddenly, dramatically improves. No sign of that despite a change of manager.

Having big name players guarantees nothing.

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

TBH, I don't think they can get any confidence from being comprehensively outplayed for 80 minutes.

The crowd and the team celebrating a point says it all.

Good game for the rest of the championship - Sheffield show that they can crumble under pressure and Villa show how crap they are.

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

They do drop, that’ll ‘feel’ a victory though. Frankly the BEST result for us would have been 1-1 at half time and a bore draw second half. But it ain’t bad; I just caution I wouldn’t write villa off any time soon, if they (the players AND the fans) get the belief to fight until the end, they could be some force. Disgruntled home fans Is what I want up there. 

Gonna be a tough ask for Villa. Defensively they are awful not sure what Terry is doing in training with them. Add in Grealish missing as well.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Sheffield United players having a go at each other...Sharp looking devastated in the interview. 

Is thus their version of our defeat to Wolves last Xmas?

We will see what they've got over the next few games. 

Piss poor. Should've have kept the blaming of the keeper to the dressing room if possible.

Oh to be a fly on the wall there right now  :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sheffield United players having a go at each other...Sharp looking devastated in the interview. 

Is thus their version of our defeat to Wolves last Xmas?

We will see what they've got over the next few games. 

Wilder going to go mental!!! Hot head manager given the perfect opportunity to go berserk!?

Archived