IGNORED

Villa v Blades Tonight

myol'man

6 hours ago, pillred said:

Redbo, Everything in the garden is rosy at the moment, have been a city fan too long to get carried away, let's hope Lee knows something we don't about the squad and yet again we don't regret strengthening our forward line for the run in. 

Who's to say we didn't look to strengthen our forward line? 

LJ said we had 6 different players we were looking at and they either moved to another club or didn't fit us as a footballer/person. We tried last season to strengthen our forward line in diony and look at how that worked out. 

I'd much rather we brought nobody in, than a rotten apple who would have a negative impact on the squad

10 hours ago, Diddlydonkey said:

2007-2008, has it not got echos? (I’m pretty pissed so it may not).

The odd thing is since then, at Championship level, we've had players, virtually every season, at the top or very near the top of the goalscoring charts but haven't come close to making the play-offs. This season, we have nobody remotely near the top of the goalscoring charts and yet we are, at present with just over two months of the season to go, in the promotion play-off places! It certainly does have echoes of the last time in 08.

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Who's to say we didn't look to strengthen our forward line? 

LJ said we had 6 different players we were looking at and they either moved to another club or didn't fit us as a footballer/person. We tried last season to strengthen our forward line in diony and look at how that worked out. 

I'd much rather we brought nobody in, than a rotten apple who would have a negative impact on the squad

Diony! God I'd nearly managed to forget about him, yes that didn't work out well did it, but whether players decided not to come here for whatever reason or we just didn't think they would fit in at the end of the day it would have been nice to bring in a different option and I fear that may ultimately be our undoing, though I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

14 hours ago, chinapig said:

Only Ipswich have a worse defensive record, which is extraordinary. Spent fortunes on attacking, players, 2 of whom have recently departed, but neglected the basics.

As for John Terry, goes to show being a good player doesn't make you a good coach. Bit of a blow to his expectation that he'll get the Chelsea job sooner or later. ?

Thought the Chelsea job was Franks

39 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Thought the Chelsea job was Franks

Terry went through a period when he was claiming, or rather his mates in the tabloids were claiming, that he had been pretty much promised the job in due course.

A distant prospect now. Lampard is more likely but I can't see them going for a relative rookie any time soon.

Archived