IGNORED

F.A cup

steviestevieneville

We all love the F.A cup and it’s great to have a bit of a run, but. 

After seeing the cup run derail us to a certain extent last season and two league games already rescheduled this season potentially creating a fixture pile up. 

How many of you , 

Baring in mind nobody wants to lose a game .

be a bit releaved if we lost to wolves next Sunday ? 

Difficult I know because we don’t want to lose momentum but I think long term it would help us .

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

After seeing the cup run derail us to a certain extent last season and two league games already rescheduled this season potentially creating a fixture pile up. 

How many of you , 

Difficult I know because we don’t want to lose momentum but I think long term it would help us .

Nope, teams full of confidence, keep going I say, maybe 2/3 changes but no reason to drop everyone, keep the confidence going

I was chatting to a Wolves ST holder the other day and said I’m happy to lose against them and concentrate on the league. He said it wasn’t the cup that derailed us it was confidence of that week of losing to them, Villa then Man City. He was saying he fears us and should be going out for the win to keep the confidence high. 

6 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I was chatting to a Wolves ST holder the other day and said I’m happy to lose against them and concentrate on the league. He said it wasn’t the cup that derailed us it was confidence of that week of losing to them, Villa then Man City. He was saying he fears us and should be going out for the win to keep the confidence high. 

Exactly this. Winning is a good habit.

14 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Nope, teams full of confidence, keep going I say, maybe 2/3 changes but no reason to drop everyone, keep the confidence going

It’s a strange one for me . I agree with you but where as the league cup is midweek the fa cup are Saturdays . It becomes three games a week until the end of the season and we will get injuries . Just putting it out there for opinions tbh 

Cup run last season did the club a huge amount of good.

Last min goal v Wolves and the Flint/Taylor miss at Villa withiN a few days knocked the confidence of an LJ ream playing on love for their manager til that point.Same LJ has now built aN even better and stronger squad. Go to Wembley twice and let's do a Double even better than under Cotts as we won't reach top 2 this season

27 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

How many of you , 

No chance...first opportunity to get in quarter finals in my lifetime...wolves will play a strong side as will us we have every chance

12 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Cup run last season did the club a huge amount of good.

Last min goal v Wolves and the Flint/Taylor miss at Villa withiN a few days knocked the confidence of an LJ ream playing on love for their manager til that point.Same LJ has now built aN even better and stronger squad. Go to Wembley twice and let's do a Double even better than under Cotts as we won't reach top 2 this season

who says we cant be top 2?.....

Listened to the Wales coach priorate the start of there 6 Nations last week. 

They are on a winning run and he said that the Welsh players have forgotten how to lose and I think, and hope, that the same applies to us. Not that it gets easier to keep winning or stay unbeaten, because teams will be raising their game against us now, but  the players must be full of confidence and feeling that they can beat anyone.

That feeling is almost impossible to coach into players but is a priceless commodity.

Winning in Cup ties is a very good habit to have if we end up in the playoffs- especially beating PL sides.

Does wonders for confidence and momentum,  and playoff games are like Cup ties in a way, so the more experience the players and management have of these types of games- and winning these types of games- the better really. Besides our decline started at home to Wolves when we went down to 10 so we do owe them!

We’ve got to go for it in the FA Cup. We’ve got a massive opportunity to progress into the very latter stages given the number of football league sides still in the hat. As mentioned above, we’ve got a much stronger squad now and far fewer injuries than last season. It would be silly to disrupt the run that we’re currently on by fielding a significantly weakened side. 

I really want us to win, especially because it’s against Wolves. I can’t stand them. If I ever see them celebrating a victory against us again it will be too soon.

Leaving grudges aside, I completely agree with other posters about how winning breeds confidence. It’s also rare for us to progress this far in the FA Cup. Bring it on.

23 minutes ago, Ian M said:

No way. The players are proud of this unbeaten run and the longer it goes on the harder they fight to keep it. Absolutely go for the win, winning breeds winning ?

I also suspect that there are a few who won't want to be "rested" for fear they might not regain their starting place the following week.

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Just rest a few players. If we win great, if we lose oh well. QPR is far far more important 

This. Would be nice to go far but we’re not going to win it, whereas we are genuinely promotion contenders.

I never want to see us lose a game but I would take 3 points in the league over a win on Sunday. 

Archived