IGNORED

Atmosphere

WolfOfWestStreet

As a student flat in Nottingham - we font have the best internet.  Went library with the classic gin/lemonade in the water bottle. The fist bumb when we won the the penalty with the muffled get in was amazing. When Fam sanked it was great - jumped up, text dad - love city - might as well beat Norwich for banter. COYR

17 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Watched in a distant english pub in eastern europe. Front end of pub packed with Man Utd watching their match (some genuine, most plastic), and me and a west ham lad at the empty, shadowy back end of the pub  watching City on the smallest screen in the world without volume. 

When the equalizer went in, the roof went off with me and my mate. Then the disallowed (which I didn't realize was had been canned until several minutes after). Bit by bit, the Man Utd fans started dribbling towards our end of the bar. When the penalty was awarded, we had about thirty people packed inside a tiny space to watch it. **** off ya *****. I knew we were going to miss it. But touched the lucky bar post. When it went in, the pub went mental, strangers grabbing me, it was like standing between pillars 3 and 4 in the old days of the east end :D

honestly, i went more mad tonight than when we beat Man Utd.

This isn't a cup run, this is real!

Reading this thread... makes me glow. 

(you are my city... my only city...) 

Fantastic read . 

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fantastic read . 

Cheers @Red Army 75 was such a bizarre night in many respects. The commotion me and my mate made sucked others in one by one and by the end it felt like being on a terrace: everyone squashed into a shoebox space backing us, beer spraying everywhere, elbows in your ears. "Fair play mate," someone said to me after, "I feel like a Bristol City fan now". I can't imagine how electric it must have been like down the Gate!

FFS, I've just this second remembered I bought a round for about 25 people last night :D 

17 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Watched in a distant english pub in eastern europe. Front end of pub packed with Man Utd watching their match (some genuine, most plastic), and me and a west ham lad at the empty, shadowy back end of the pub  watching City on the smallest screen in the world without volume. 

When the equalizer went in, the roof went off with me and my mate. Then the disallowed (which I didn't realize was had been canned until several minutes after). Bit by bit, the Man Utd fans started dribbling towards our end of the bar. When the penalty was awarded, we had about thirty people packed inside a tiny space to watch it. **** off ya *****. I knew we were going to miss it. But touched the lucky bar post. When it went in, the pub went mental, strangers grabbing me, it was like standing between pillars 3 and 4 in the old days of the east end :D

honestly, i went more mad tonight than when we beat Man Utd.

This isn't a cup run, this is real!

Reading this thread... makes me glow. 

(you are my city... my only city...) 

I had to make do with watching the BCTV stream in the office on my tod. I suspect most of this end of the building heard the penalty go in.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:04, poland_exile said:

Cheers @Red Army 75 was such a bizarre night in many respects. The commotion me and my mate made sucked others in one by one and by the end it felt like being on a terrace: everyone squashed into a shoebox space backing us, beer spraying everywhere, elbows in your ears. "Fair play mate," someone said to me after, "I feel like a Bristol City fan now". I can't imagine how electric it must have been like down the Gate!

FFS, I've just this second remembered I bought a round for about 25 people last night :D 

Just read your vivid post about watching the QPR game and I now feel like I was there with you guys!  You are spreading the word of City, bloody fantastic.  Out of interest, where are you watching the City v Wolves game?

On 13/02/2019 at 05:04, joenaldo said:

As a student flat in Nottingham - we font have the best internet.  Went library with the classic gin/lemonade in the water bottle. The fist bumb when we won the the penalty with the muffled get in was amazing. When Fam sanked it was great - jumped up, text dad - love city - might as well beat Norwich for banter. COYR

Judging by your post there was more ‘ g ‘ than ‘ T ‘ in your bottle you little tinker you ! 

Archived