IGNORED

Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day 32

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I thought he rated Semenyo highly, but the lad has returned from regular first-team football at Newport, to limbo at City. Why didn't we leave him at Rodney Parade to develop? 

I thought we bought him back because of the injury to Matty Taylor. However Taylor returned earlier than expected

1 minute ago, megansdad said:

well at least the starting XI seems to have fairly unanimous support...

I’d still like to see Palmer starting, but Pato in possession of the shirt, and responding to the challenge set for his shirt.  That is what a squad is for.  Last season there was little pressure on the players who were first choice.

13 minutes ago, daored said:

Makes no sense to bring him back, surely it’s better playing regularly for Newport ?

Blame that on the loan rules. If we had had a rash of injuries to strikers we could not have recalled him as I understand it so our hand was forced.

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

He was doing that at Newport and we could have measured his development against Manchester City.

He was learning our game while at another club?

Had he stayed at Newport the game against Middlesbrough would have gone differently. They might have still won, but there is no way to know. The "we could see how he'd have done against Man City" is a load of bollocks.

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

He was doing that at Newport and we could have measured his development against Manchester City.

He was brought back because we weren’t sure what kind of last minute deals may have taken players away from the squad. If one or two had been sold and we had no cover, everyone would be moaning about having him on loan and unable to play for us.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

So LJ will have a game plan that they will have worked on this week on the training ground?  Are you sure?  Innovative  if you're right, no wonder LJ is so highly rated - and as for trying to stop the top goalscorer...........pure genius from LJ again.  Where do you get this inside info ? have you been spying over the fence at Failand?

Robbored stating the blindingly obvious?

Archived