IGNORED

Birmingham

Super

Ok we were poor tonight but i was impressed by them, the two up front were a handful all night and they played some good stuff especially first half. They could be more of a threat than Derby and Forest. Fans were loud as well at times. 

I thought they did a job on us. Condensed the play into one half thus limiting the space to play in and broke well. They are a niggley dogged team with a sly push here and a slight trip there. As soon as they realised the ref was weak and useless they did it even more.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

I thought they did a job on us. Condensed the play into one half thus limiting the space to play in and broke well. They are a niggley dogged team with a sly push here and a slight trip there. As soon as they realised the ref was weak and useless they did it even more.

They were too strong for us. Always struggle against these type of teams.

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

It didn't help when we tried giving some back that the ref decided to give fouls and yellow cards

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

The two up front, Adams and Jutkiewic  (pardon spelling) what a handful all night.  

No disrespect to FD but it is players like that which make a difference. That is championship quality 

Adams is prem quality imo. Jutiewicz(I can’t spell it either) is like the 10 years younger Wilbraham. They are why Birmingham are where they are. 31 goals and 13 assists combined is a fantastic return for your strikers. Adams 3rd in scoring with 21 league goals. LJ 10 goals and 10!! assists. They have figured out most champ defenses tbf. 

I said this in the match day thread. Birmingham were nothing special at all. They Parked the bus like almost every team that comes here and they wanted the win more than us. They fought for every ball and every second ball and we didn't and by our standards that was poor. We played right into their hands by keep on putting crosses in and they would just header it away every single time. 

I'm disappointed because the desire just wasn't there and that is unusual for us.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

I think they are one of the best teams i have seen down here this season. 

Good at what they do. They are organised and physical. Have the option of hitting channels with Adams or a target with LJ. Adams is lethal and can do everything and keeping him from scoring was good(though you can’t get closer to a brace than he did!).

Think us growing as a club has affected how teams approach us at AG. Meaning I think more teams are now content with trying to keep us out and stealing something on the counter. So not often will you see great football. Don’t think Birmingham were a great footballing side but again very good at what they do

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I said this in the match day thread. Birmingham were nothing special at all. They Parked the bus like almost every team that comes here and they wanted the win more than us. They fought for every ball and every second ball and we didn't and by our standards that was poor. We played right into their hands by keep on putting crosses in and they would just header it away every single time. 

I'm disappointed because the desire just wasn't there and that is unusual for us.

They didnt park the bus.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

I am sure someone will start a thread about him. The worst i have seen this season.

Was awful but we were so bad for 60 min it just didn’t matter too much. Though someone will have to explain to me how he whistled a foul on Fam for chasing a ball down the channel and getting blocked off and held on the halfway line

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Good at what they do. They are organised and physical. Have the option of hitting channels with Adams or a target with LJ. Adams is lethal and can do everything and keeping him from scoring was good(though you can’t get closer to a brace than he did!).

Think us growing as a club has affected how teams approach us at AG. Meaning I think more teams are now content with trying to keep us out and stealing something on the counter. So not often will you see great football. Don’t think Birmingham were a great footballing side but again very good at what they do

Not often you see Webster and Kalas getting bullied but thats what happened.

14 minutes ago, Swede said:

Indeed.

City always struggle against teams like Brum. Very physical, feigning injury and playing on the break. A tough style of play to counter.

Two league defeats isn’t a disaster and we’re still in the pray off zone. It’ll be all change again on Saturday with the next round of Championship fixtures.

18 minutes ago, Super said:

They were too strong for us. Always struggle against these type of teams.

Probably would’ve been a better game for Watkins to come on over Eliasson. 

Likewise on Saturday would’ve been better to bring Eliasson on over Watkins. 

Ah well nevermind. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

They had more shots and more on target.

And you can't do that if you park the bus? ?

They Parked the bus, many times I counted like 7 or 8 players in their back line. They were very organised and executed their game plan brilliantly. They were so good defensively that we couldn't even attempt to build our play. They would then hit us on the counter once they won the ball back.

Agreed. Thought Brum were outstanding 1st half. Strength , pace and movement. Their fitness was incredible which helped them to continually shut us down in the 2nd half.  Not sure we should be too damning of our lads, it’s the Championship and almost any team is capable of occasionally chucking in a performance like Birmingham did tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

And you can't do that if you park the bus? ?

They Parked the bus, many times I counted like 7 or 8 players in their back line. They were very organised and executed their game plan brilliantly. They were so good defensively that we couldn't even attempt to build our play. They would then hit us on the counter once they won the ball back.

Didn’t help that we lined 6 or 7 up against the same line of 7 or 8.

Personally, I wouldn’t call their tactic “PTB”, I thought they just had a good defensive shape and a way of breaking.  The certainly wanted to attack.

5 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Spot on. Famara had arms all over him during the first half, no protection at all. 

Doesn't help that he always trys to draw the foul rather than playing the ball. Famara could learn a lot from watching what Birmingham's front man did tonight.

Archived