IGNORED

Summer changes

BLRed

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They might well be but it’s what interested club are prepared to pay.

Think a club would definitely be willing to pay £10m, if a PL club thinks his defending is up to scratch the his ability on the ball will be a real tempter for someone.

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Goalscorers always attract the biggest fees.

Don't disagree RR.

That  notwithstanding, this time last year how many would have thought Bobby R would go for £10m?

Even more so as, at that time, he had only 6/7 months decent goalscoring record in his entire caterer and most fans would not have been disappointed had he been moved on the previous summer.

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Don't disagree RR.

That  notwithstanding, this time last year how many would have thought Bobby R would go for £10m?

Even more so as, at that time, he had only 6/7 months decent goalscoring record in his entire caterer and most fans would not have been disappointed had he been moved on the previous summer.

It could argued that Cardiff bought a dud........

No way would I sell Brownhill. He signed a contract recently did he not ? He is young and improving - he will get better. He is an integral part of the team now. I can see a few being offloaded and others loaned out but I hope we keep the core of the team and strengthen up front and midfield.

still not convinced 4 million for Palmer is good business

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

No way would I sell Brownhill. He signed a contract recently did he not ? He is young and improving - he will get better. He is an integral part of the team now. I can see a few being offloaded and others loaned out but I hope we keep the core of the team and strengthen up front and midfield.

still not convinced 4 million for Palmer is good business

Brownhill is in my opinion a future Captain and yes he recently signed a new contract and joined us because of his faith in LJ to develop him.

I think the club said we don’t need to sell anyone as things stand, the exception being O’dowda if he does not extend or renew his contract 

1 hour ago, BarnzFM said:

Just think we can do better than both we already have, 1’s getting on a bit and the other would have been sold had it not been for injury

Max has hardly done badly when given the chance, keep one around if Max isn't performing but try and elevate him to #1

I think we will sell Kelly if a big club like Liverpool come in for him as we already have an agreement in place for dasilva and pring is the next lb to come through that will be decent. I don't think the club would deny him a move so long as we were compensated well enough and he can be replaced.

brownhill is the one out of the three mains I mentioned that is more likely to stay but due to his performances this year, we could see a good bid come in for him that may be hard to turn down.

there was talk of frankie being sold to Blackburn in Jan and I can see him moving on in the summer. I would hope we kept our interest in steffen as I think he would be an unreal loan signing for the championship and he is unlikely to get a starting place at man city.

as much as I'd like to see odowda stay, he is as good as gone so we cut our losses as get as much as poss. We have wingers coming through and Palmer signing provides an attacking mid option and some creativity.

numbers mentioned are my guesses based on what I value players at multiplied by demand and the current state of market where fees just keep growing. 8-10mill seems to be the norm for a decent and promising championship player nowadays.

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJ and his recruitment team will have already have a short list of strikers this summer....

You said in another thread there were ‘no available strikers who could play in the Championship’ when discussing the January transfer window. Yet a month later we now have a list of them?! Who do you think is on our list? You challenged people to ‘name them’ when they disagreed with you saying ‘no available strikers who could play in the championship’ - so perhaps you could name the ones who will be available in the summer and who are undoubtedly on our ‘list’? Cheers...

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You said in another thread there were ‘no available strikers who could play in the Championship’ when discussing the January transfer window. Yet a month later we now have a list of them?! Who do you think is on our list? You challenged people to ‘name them’ when they disagreed with you saying ‘no available strikers who could play in the championship’ - so perhaps you could name the ones who will be available in the summer and who are undoubtedly on our ‘list’? Cheers...

:facepalm:.........jeez.........:cool2:

Surely you must know that recruitment plans are often made as far as two summer window ahead and virtually no planning goes toward the winter window - I imagine that most, if not all Championship clubs have the same strategy.

Thats partly why signing players in the January window is so awkward and difficult for every Championship club. Add to that that most player contracts run from summer to summer........

If a club is looking for a particular type of player - like City were - it’s an indication to other clubs that we were in the market for a striker and the price goes up and City weren’t prepared to cough up inflated prices.

The summer is far and away the time to do business.

You can be 100% sure that City have a list of strikers that will be available in the summer.

That all changes of course if City get through the pray offs into the PL.

As much as I wouldn't want brownhill to leave, should he be sold, I would love us to resign herbie Kane. Proving to be a very good goal scoring midfielder for Doncaster in league one. Potentially ready for the next step up and a Bristol city lad and supporter.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:.........jeez.........:cool2:

Surely you must know that recruitment plans are often made as far as two summer window ahead and virtually no planning goes toward the winter window - I imagine that most, if not all Championship clubs have the same strategy.

Thats partly why signing players in the January window is so awkward and difficult for every Championship club. Add to that that most player contracts run from summer to summer........

If a club is looking for a particular type of player - like City were - it’s an indication to other clubs that we were in the market for a striker and the price goes up and City weren’t prepared to cough up inflated prices.

The summer is far and away the time to do business.

You can be 100% sure that City have a list of strikers that will be available in the summer.

That all changes of course if City get through the pray offs into the PL.

That is just not true.  It has been quoted by LJ, MA, Deano etc that they work not just for the upcoming window, but windows beyond that too, based on contract expiry, etc.  They have never, ever said two summer windows, nor have they said virtually no planning for winter.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is just not true.  It has been quoted by LJ, MA, Deano etc that they work not just for the upcoming window, but windows beyond that too, based on contract expiry, etc.  They have never, ever said two summer windows, nor have they said virtually no planning for winter.

Pretty sure there was an interview just before January that said they had been working for the January window as soon as the summer one closed as well

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Much as I don’t like  to I have to disagree with you.

You follow all things City as closely as I do and I’ve heard in various interviews both MA and LJ independently say that they plan for at least two summer windows ahead. Both have said that the summer is the best time to do the clubs business. You must have heard that.

MA has also said that January is not a good window to trade in ( for the reasons highlighted earlier) and although I didn’t actually hear him say it I concluded that they don’t plan for the winter window.

If they do plan for January then why no mention of it in any number of interviews both MA and LJ have done?   

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You follow all things City as closely as I do and I’ve heard in various interviews both MA and LJ independently say that they plan for at least two summer windows ahead. Both have said that the summer is the best time to do the clubs business. You must have heard that.

MA has also said that January is not a good window to trade in ( for the reasons highlighted earlier) and although I didn’t actually hear him say it I concluded that they don’t plan for the winter window.

If they do plan for January then why no mention of it in any number of interviews both MA and LJ have done?   

There’s been plenty of mention of planning for January . The difficulty is getting players from clubs in that particular window due to inflated fees. 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s fine ?

You follow all things City as closely as I do and I’ve heard in various interviews both MA and LJ independently say that they plan for at least two summer windows ahead.

I’ve heard them both they they plan ‘well ahead’, and ‘at least 2 windows’ ahead, I have never heard them say the same level of attention isn’t applied to Jan window.  Nor have I ever heard them say specifically ‘summer’ either.  Can’t imagine Mr Lansdown allowing them to recruit as many players in Jan as they gave in LJ’s reign if he thought they hadn’t prepared properly, can you?

Both have said that the summer is the best time to do the clubs business.  You must have heard that.

It is indeed, and I have heard that summer is the best, but as above they;be never said they don’t plan properly for January window either.

Ditto....but you’ve confirmed it is your conclusion.

They have, see @hodge reply.

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

There’s been plenty of mention of planning for January . The difficulty is getting players from clubs in that particular window due to inflated fees. 

Got any links to the interviews where that was said?  

Like Dave, I follow all things City very closely and if MA or LJ said that I must have missed it...........:cool2:

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

As I’ve said. There’s plenty , I’ve read it myself unless you’re calling me a liar. Try doing something constructive yourself and look,  if you have the capability that is. 

Not calling you or anyone a liar Steve.

Im just surprised that I must have missed the interview..............:cool2:

That’s why I asked for a link. It would explain why I missed it.

On 01/03/2019 at 00:46, Davefevs said:

I teally like Reece James (Wigan loan from Chelsea - who else) too.  Just a good allround modern day RB.

I like Ajayi at Rotherham, 25, coming into his peak.  Physical and can play (assumes no Kalas)

I’d have a look at Tyler Walker (Mansfield loan from Forest - Des’s son) if Eisa isn’t gonna make it here - unlikely I reckon.

Che Adams - If I was gonna break the bank...don’t think he’d come here though.  Diedhiou i’d try to move on if we got Adams.

With you on Ajayi, who I see scored 2 today.

Any thoughts on another Rotherham player, Vaulks?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I like him too, but Rotherham forum not that appreciative.  If one of our two main CMs left, then yes.

What style is Vaulks? I can't remember from watching him, is he different to what we have or similar to a particular player we have atm?

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

What style is Vaulks? I can't remember from watching him, is he different to what we have or similar to a particular player we have atm?

Usually described as a defensive midfielder, something we don't really have imo.

There have been rumours of interest from Norwich, Derby and Stoke.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

He is what I call a versatile Central Midfielder.  Can play DM (and even CB if need be), the sitting CM, but can also get forward...and has a very decent shot.  Takes a big long throw too, and good in the air.  Not as good a passer as Pack though.

Archived