IGNORED

League position

Robin Wood

8 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

Do you bet on winners after the race by any chance? ...there can be no doubt for 2 seasons we have had in our own hands great chances to make a real challenge to go up a div, we dropped both of them at the same time of the season, failing to invest at critical times.

Time will tell if we have learnt anything from those seasons or if we are content to carry on being just a "nearly" club lacking the killer blow.

Did we or did we not 'regress' this season, as you were so sure about in March?

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Did we or did we not 'regress' this season, as you were so sure about in March?

The question is too hard,.... we did fall away after xmas transfer window though as we did the season before, if that helps at all?

12 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

The question is too hard,.... we did fall away after xmas transfer window though as we did the season before, if that helps at all?

Did we though?

When the window closed we were in 7th position, three points off the play-offs.

At the end of the season we were in 8th position, four points off the play-offs.

So between the end of the transfer window and the end of the season we dropped one position and were one further point off the play-offs. I'm not entirely sure that qualifies as falling away.

27 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Does Bri stand for Bristol Rovers Interloper?

Your posts are full of negativity and criticism towards our club.............:cool2:

34 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

The question really isn't too hard. 

Do you feel as though, as a club we regressed this season as a whole compared to previous seasons, as you claimed we would do...

36 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Did we though?

At the end of the season we were in 8th position, four points off the play-offs.

So between the end of the transfer window and the end of the season we dropped one position and were one further point off the play-offs. I'm not entirely sure that qualifies as falling away.

Even more straightforwardly, we gained 31 points in the first half of the season and 39 points in the second ... hardly demonstrates running out of steam

55 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Do you feel as though, as a club we regressed this season as a whole compared to previous seasons, as you claimed we would do...

Not quite sure why@ Bri  School City resurrected this to be fair, as ultimately we clearly haven't regressed from the previous season although at the time he posted his 16/3 comments we had lost 3 and drawn 2 of our previous 5 games so were looking a bit "streaky" yet again. We then had those 2 fantastic away results and were well in the hunt as everyone else was dropping points which is what this league is like, but in all honesty, our last 8 games delivered a very poor points tally DWLDLLWD so 9 points out of a possible 24 is a disappointing ending and of course is our most recent form. Anyone who last May would have been upset with 8th is soft in the head, but I can see how people were disappointed how we fell away at the business end of the season again.

Maybe we do better again in 19/20 eh.

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Not quite sure why@ Bri  School City resurrected this to be fair, as ultimately we clearly haven't regressed from the previous season although at the time he posted his 16/3 comments we had lost 3 and drawn 2 of our previous 5 games so were looking a bit "streaky" yet again. We then had those 2 fantastic away results and were well in the hunt as everyone else was dropping points which is what this league is like, but in all honesty, our last 8 games delivered a very poor points tally DWLDLLWD so 9 points out of a possible 24 is a disappointing ending and of course is our most recent form. Anyone who last May would have been upset with 8th is soft in the head, but I can see how people were disappointed how we fell away at the business end of the season again.

Maybe we do better again in 19/20 eh.

1bristolcity post 28 in-fact.... did; and its Bri Stool City :mafia: stupid name but don't give a flying ****...off now to fight a couple of probable life threatening problems of my own..ma chat again next season ....maybe. :sub:

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Did we though?

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Does Bri stand for Bristol Rovers Interloper?

Your posts are full of negativity and criticism towards our club.............:cool2:

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Did we though?

OK points made ...Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken....some things matter, this doesn't.

Archived