IGNORED

for all those who didn't go to sheffield on saturday

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wish I had gone- was thinking of going...

Me too. I’ve been really lucky away but couldn’t make this one, not that I had a good feeling. How wrong I was, gutted. Really happy though for those who have seen some dreadful performances and results in the past and hope they enjoyed this sweet win. It’s days like this that we go to watch football, home or away.

54 minutes ago, RedM said:

Me too. I’ve been really lucky away but couldn’t make this one, not that I had a good feeling. How wrong I was, gutted. Really happy though for those who have seen some dreadful performances and results in the past and hope they enjoyed this sweet win. It’s days like this that we go to watch football, home or away.

To be fair we have been pretty good away this season, in fact I would go as far as saying the people who have travelled away have probably had the best of it.

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

To be fair we have been pretty good away this season, in fact I would go as far as saying the people who have travelled away have probably had the best of it.

Yes I agree, I meant generally in the past. Too many times I’ve travelled back on a wet November night with no points, or after yet another defeat to Preston, it always seemed to be Preston and similar. Just wanted to celebrate the good times, and this season has been pretty much fantastic away I agree.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wish I had gone- was thinking of going...

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Sliding doors.................we MAY not have won if you had gone ?

Just now, slartibartfast said:

Now the funny thing is from my perspective at least, I wonder too- I remember I was pondering Brentford away, and Birmingham away...maybe Blackburn or Preston but definitely those first 2!

Been thinking about doing Sheffield Wednesday on Easter Monday and Millwall away end of April but...Radio Bristol/dodgy stream maybe for the greater good!

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes I agree, I meant generally in the past. Too many times I’ve travelled back on a wet November night with no points, or after yet another defeat to Preston, it always seemed to be Preston and similar. Just wanted to celebrate the good times, and this season has been pretty much fantastic away I agree.

THIS is a HUGE reason for us to push on and get promoted - to avoid having to play Preston in the league again!

5 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

THIS is a HUGE reason for us to push on and get promoted - to avoid having to play Preston in the league again!

Yup, exactly. It’s like starting on -6 points every season as we let them take the points. We did get a draw up there this season though so got a solitary point back, which mightbyet prove to be THE point of the season. I’ve vowed not to go there again...until next time. I missed Huddersfield away each time we played them, gutted they went up and left Reading down a couple of years ago so I’m going there instead of Preston. ?

26 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Maybe not, but my record isn’t bad, I’ve seen 6 games, (4 wins and 2 draws ) and only one goal conceded (v Preston of course)

This season has been kinder / better than any at this level since mid seventies. I can't understand people talking about poor recent games, this is football and Bristol City and we don't win every match!. 

Cott's Double season was brilliant too of course for those who go home and away but this has been superb entertainment (even in defeat at Baggies) and as good as it gets being a City fan; from early season at Swansea to mid season at Stoke to Sheffield. Hope we do as well at Siddlesboro!! See you there Darkside. 

5 hours ago, pillred said:

a lot of fans pissed off down the pub at half time at Ipswich ,glad I didn't .

Archived