IGNORED

Would you have swapped all this for...

cityexile

...an FA Cup semi final? I bloody wouldn’t, and can you imagine trying to fit it another game! Pretty sure the distraction would have got to them this week as well. Thank you Wolves.

Who wants a semi final when we have eight, maybe eleven ‘finals’ to come.

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

...an FA Cup semi final? I bloody wouldn’t, and can you imagine trying to fit it another game! Pretty sure the distraction would have got to them this week as well. Thank you Wolves.

Not a.chance 

49 minutes ago, cityexile said:

If we’d beaten Wolves we’d have been in the quarter final, not the semis....

20 hours ago, Roe said:

Yeah, who wants to play at Wembley against one of the best teams in Europe anyway..

If we had got there, the three other semi finalists would! :)

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why the ‘confused’ reaction to this post @cityexile ?! It’s correct....

Think you might be overthinking it a tad. Just seemed on a moments thought to best sum up my initial post, which was clearly mistaken. As you say, it is correct, and I was self parodying as ‘and I am obviously confused, to much cider or whatever’. I meant no more than that.

I want City to win every match and win every competition they enter (although I would have made an exception if we still had to enter that U21 joke Checkatrade trophy - greed spoiling a perfectly good lower league competition). I really don't understand fans wishing their team to be knocked out. It is not as if playing fewer games guarantees you success.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Think you might be overthinking it a tad. Just seemed on a moments thought to best sum up my initial post, which was clearly mistaken. As you say, it is correct, and I was self parodying as ‘and I am obviously confused, to much cider or whatever’. I meant no more than that.

Ok, cheers....

If we finish strongly this season, but don't achieve promotion, I'd probably go the other way and suggest that we've had our opportunity at a cup run last year, and we did brilliantly to knock Man Utd out and give Man City a tough game.

If promotion to the Premier League is a legitimate option for us, I'd prefer to see us treat cup games as an opportunity to give fringe/academy players a chance to show what they can do.

Archived