IGNORED

Adam Webster

SuperDziek

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Disagree....Hegeler was such an elegant runner he didn’t look quick.  Not sharp enough for a CMx2....but as a CB, no slouch.

Looked ok against Plymouth in the League Cup...

Otherwise, not fit to lace Webster’s boots to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Oops said:

Looked ok against Plymouth in the League Cup...

Otherwise, not fit to lace Webster’s boots to be honest. 

Not on performances I totally agree.  There was a player in there....just not the hustle and bustle of the Championship.  As @spudski says you can see what LJ had in mind when he signed Hegeler.  Sometimes they don’t work out.

6 hours ago, Daniro said:

Both their goals were well rehearsed, well executed set pieces  - very hard to defend against that long high throw in or such an incisive free kick 

I agree. Add into that the re-adjustment we didn’t have time to make when they subbed the throw in taker and then changed the thrower just before their second and it was easier for them. I don’t mean that negatively towards us but I’m sure if we were just defending the throw with no sub we would have had it covered. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not on performances I totally agree.  There was a player in there....just not the hustle and bustle of the Championship.  As @spudski says you can see what LJ had in mind when he signed Hegeler.  Sometimes they don’t work out.

Great minds think alike Dave ? hadn't read your tweet...however myself and a mutual friend both thought the same last night.

In LJs post match interview he says about Webster and playing in midfield. Then says we won't see that again...is he refering to never playing in that position again, or the fact everyone didn't guess the formation?

2 hours ago, eardun said:

I hope Webster plays in the same position v Villa and looks after Grealish.

LJ said in his interview, something along the lines of, ‘we probably caught them out by playing Webster there and it wouldn’t happen again.’ I understood it to mean that teams wouldn’t be surprised to see him there ( the Villa boss was in the stands watching) not that we wouldn’t do it again. I guess we got Villa wondering though, hopefully. 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Great minds think alike Dave ? hadn't read your tweet...however myself and a mutual friend both thought the same last night.

In LJs post match interview he says about Webster and playing in midfield. Then says we won't see that again...is he refering to never playing in that position again, or the fact everyone didn't guess the formation?

I think he meant catching out the opposition, not that we wouldnt put Webdini in midfield. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

No he didn’t 

Ah yes, see what you mean. My misreading of a quote. Seeing the interview, he might go that way again. As I said back in November, it could work from time to time and now we know that it certainly can be an option.

Not that you agreed back in November:

"This is why fans slagging off johnson and suggesting this sort of thing is hilarious to me."

19 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not even close to as good a deal. Nothing against Da Silva, but he’s not our player. In Webster’s case we now have a player worth an awful lot more than we paid for him.

I would also say Webster is a better player than Flint. I think it’s less clear cut that Da Silva is an upgrade on Bryan.

i accept your point that dasilva is not our player, but he is leaps and bounds ahead of joe bryan. 

Archived