IGNORED

Well done city

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

We have exceeded expectations. IMO . Is that better. Beginning of the season most people feared the worst 

Here is a post from early August (on page 107)

Mediocrity.

For the first time since we've been promoted there is no chance we will go up....and no chance we will go down. What does that mean? Pretty boring stuff.

We are weaker in quality but balance that with a strength in depth we Haven t previously had.

Anywhere between 16th and 10th. Is that exciting? No, Its bloody boring.

Most will disagree secretly but agree when they think about it. At the price of tickets for non season card holders....whats the point?

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Stop saying punched above our weight. We are actually a very good team, we need to shake this underdog mentality we are better than this.

We ARE good....but not that good. We all know where we lack. We'll end up where we should.

39 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

No not at all, but it just goes to show what can be achieved. We shouldn't always concede that because we have a smaller budget, getting promoted is out of our reach 

It’s not out of our reach, for the second year in a row we’re in the mix until the penultimate weekend.

We’ve had to balance the books this season, because of FFP, so you’d hope next season we will go one better.

But finishing top eight with this squad and budget is still a very good achievement.

My main question for next season (and to a certain extent this) is can Johnson get out of being a streaky manager.

The team actually isn't bad and with a bit of luck (missing today) we aren't far away. However my concern is Johnson can't get out of non-winning runs. Now don't get me wrong - it was a streaky winning run that got us into a good position. But we've been undone by a poor streak right at the end. Not as bad a collapse as last season but will SL ask himself how many times does this happen before he says enough is enough?

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

IMO we have punched above our weight. But our players have given their all and have come up short. No complaints from me . Proud of the progress our club is making. Up the city 

Completely agree, season on season we're progressing but if you look at the huge clubs around us in the league we are punching (well) with the class above our weight. Proud of that though.

Archived