IGNORED

Conference Play Off Final

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The ‘previous owner’ at North Ferriby was Jamie Waltham (the Chadwick brothers were the owners when they went under) - Waltham reduced the weekly wage bill from £5,000 to £1,600 - not quite a ‘reckless ego trip’ and the ‘huge debts’ they ‘amassed’ - they were liquidated with total outstanding debts of £7,645 - wouldn’t call that huge ...

Before that, they were owned by the daughter and son in law of the Hull City owner. They were pumping money into the club, but sold up due to.health reasons. Their next owners tried to relocate and rename it to East Hull. When this was rejected, they pulled the plug too.

You say that £7645 isn't a huge debt but it was enough to.make the club go under. I don't really see your overall point.

18 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Before that, they were owned by the daughter and son in law of the Hull City owner. They were pumping money into the club, but sold up due to.health reasons. Their next owners tried to relocate and rename it to East Hull. When this was rejected, they pulled the plug too.

You say that £7645 isn't a huge debt but it was enough to.make the club go under. I don't really see your overall point.

Well, you said their ‘previous owner’ ruined them .... but their previous owner was Waltham, he reduced their weekly wage bill from £5,000 to £1,600 yet you said he was on a ‘reckless ego trip and amassed huge debts’ - and now you say that the £7,645 debt that took them down ‘was enough to make them go under’ - that’s a big backtrack.... from ‘amassed huge debts’ to ‘enough to make them go under’ - and it was just £7,645 -  what a change of opinion ...

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, you said their ‘previous owner’ ruined them .... but their previous owner was Waltham, he reduced their weekly wage bill from £5,000 to £1,600 yet you said he was on a ‘reckless ego trip and amassed huge debts’ - and now you say that the £7,645 debt that took them down ‘was enough to make them go under’ - that’s a big backtrack.... from ‘amassed huge debts’ to ‘enough to make them go under’ - and it was just £7,645 -  what a change of opinion ...

Wow. I was referring to the daughter of the Hull owner, and the guy after that who were "previous owners" of North Ferriby United, and did all the things I mentioned. Google it.

It seems you have an issue with my use of the definitive article. Perhaps I should have been clearer on who I meant, but let's be honest... It was fairly clear, and you are just looking for a confrontation aren't you?

As for the debt, OK granted it's a lot smaller than I would have imagined but if it throws them into liquidation then by the very context of the situation, it's a big debt for them and my point still stands. If they weren't recklessly run, why on earth did they go under?

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Funny that - because I’ve noticed you’ve also reacted with an eggplant to my post above... so what did that add to the debate? ?

Yeah, I did, and subsequently replied. Which you failed to do, so I assumed you did your google search and found that I was correct.

Looks like the keyboard warriors sword has gone blunt! Good night!! xx

12 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Wow. I was referring to the daughter of the Hull owner, and the guy after that who were "previous owners" of North Ferriby United, and did all the things I mentioned. Google it.

It seems you have an issue with my use of the definitive article. Perhaps I should have been clearer on who I meant, but let's be honest... It was fairly clear, and you are just looking for a confrontation aren't you?

As for the debt, OK granted it's a lot smaller than I would have imagined but if it throws them into liquidation then by the very context of the situation, it's a big debt for them and my point still stands. If they weren't recklessly run, why on earth did they go under?

You were referring to the daughter of the Hull owner? And you say she did “all the things you mentioned” ? The things you mentioned were “spending recklessly when on an ego trip and amassing huge debt” yet when she passed the club’s ownership to ‘the guy after’ it was ‘debt free’ - https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/north-ferriby-united-changes-hands-816411

Then you said ‘the guy after’ the daughter of the Hull owner did the same - that was the guy who reduced the weekly wage bill from £5,000 to £1,600 ....more ‘reckless spending’ ??!!!  Your google search wasn’t too accurate was it .... but don’t worry, any reply you make will get an incredibly predictable “Like” from @JBFC II

11 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Yeah, I did, and subsequently replied. Which you failed to do, so I assumed you did your google search and found that I was correct.

The results of my google search found you to be incorrect - and I’ve replied to inform you of that ... 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You were referring to the daughter of the Hull owner? And you say she did “all the things you mentioned” ? The things you mentioned were “spending recklessly when on an ego trip and amassing huge debt” yet when she passed the club’s ownership to ‘the guy after’ it was ‘debt free’ - https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/north-ferriby-united-changes-hands-816411

Then you said ‘the guy after’ the daughter of the Hull owner did the same - that was the guy who reduced the weekly wage bill from £5,000 to £1,600 ....more ‘reckless spending’ ??!!!  Your google search wasn’t too accurate was it .... but don’t worry, any reply you make will get an incredibly predictable “Like” from @JBFC II

The results of my google search found you to be incorrect - and I’ve replied to inform you of that ... 

I agreed with his point, nothing ‘incredibly predictable about that. 

You seem to get very defensive when people disagree with you

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You win, well done..........

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

15 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

????

Some people lead such pathetic lives that they are absolutely desperate.to get one over a stranger on the internet.

OK, hands up..some of my knowledge about a now defunct football club from the other  end of the country was incorrect. My overall point still stands, however...they went bust after all didn't they? 

:)

So @Wanderingred - you’ve got the same condition as Robbored - you just react with ‘laughing emojis’ when proved wrong - rather pathetic given your smug posts aimed at me on the North Ferriby issue - the daughter of the Hull owner you said ‘spent recklessly to feed her ego and amassed huge debts’ passed the club onto The ‘other guy’ Waltham DEBT FREE !! HaHa! You said my ‘keyboard warrior sword had gone blunt’ - maybe sharpen yours a tad?!

5 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Some people lead such pathetic lives that they are absolutely desperate.to get one over a stranger on the internet.

OK, hands up..some of my knowledge about a now defunct football club from the other  end of the country was incorrect. My overall point still stands, however...they went bust after all didn't they? 

:)

Debating on a forum and people pointing out you got bold statements totally incorrect is part of what a discussion forum facilitates - it doesn’t mean anyone “leads such pathetic lives” - and it certainly does not point to anyone “being absolutely desperate to get one over on a stranger” - total overreaction - it’s a discussion forum, if you post guff you shouldn’t cry if someone points out you got it wrong .... it’s nothing personal, just a discussion on a forum ... 

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Seriously, call it a day you sad pathetic little man. 

Grow up 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Debating on a forum and people pointing out you got bold statements totally incorrect is part of what a discussion forum facilitates - it doesn’t mean anyone “leads such pathetic lives” - and it certainly does not point to anyone “being absolutely desperate to get one over on a stranger” - total overreaction - it’s a discussion forum, if you post guff you shouldn’t cry if someone points out you got it wrong .... it’s nothing personal, just a discussion on a forum ... 

Grow up 

Posting about there being silence 4 hours after your last post because the person hasn't responded seems pretty desperate to me....

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Posting about there being silence 4 hours after your last post because the person hasn't responded seems pretty desperate to me....

If you read the thread you’d see the reason for the banter about ‘silence’ - in response to another erroneous post to me about ‘silence’ - just banter - no need to stick your nose in with ridiculous claims of people being ‘desperate’ ....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you read the thread you’d see the reason for the banter about ‘silence’ - in response to another erroneous post to me about ‘silence’ - just banter - no need to stick your nose in with ridiculous claims of people being ‘desperate’ ....

it's not ridiculous. 

As @Wanderingred said you've done this sort of stuff before, frantically trying to prove someone right and then getting desperate when they don't seem as bothered as you....

it's not ridiculous. 

As @Wanderingred said you've done this sort of stuff before, frantically trying to prove someone right and then getting desperate when they don't seem as bothered as you....

Why would I “frantically try to prove someone right...” - if I thought they were right I’d just agree with them ...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why would I “frantically try to prove someone right...” - if I thought they were right I’d just agree with them …

As I said you've done it before, and seem to spend forever researching in order to prove minor issues wrong.

Anyway, as we're on the point of silences, care to back up your point about Frank Lampard doing an excellent job at FLDC that you stated on another thread?

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

As I said you've done it before, and seem to spend forever researching in order to prove minor issues wrong.

Anyway, as we're on the point of silences, care to back up your point about Frank Lampard doing an excellent job at FLDC that you stated on another thread?

Do you really think I “frantically try to prove people right” ? Surely you meant to put “wrong” rather than “right”? Even if you did, I don’t agree.

And I didn’t say Frank Lampard was ‘doing an excellent job’ - I said ‘he already had a serious achievement on his managerial CV’ - by which I meant getting a club to the championship play offs in his very first season in club management was impressive ... and you didn’t agree because you replied to my post - you said it isn’t a worthy achievement to get Derby into the play offs  - I thought that conversation was done, we disagreed, fair enough - dunno why you’ve now dug that old conversation up ....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Do you really think I “frantically try to prove people right” ? Surely you meant to put “wrong” rather than “right”? Even if you did, I don’t agree.

And I didn’t say Frank Lampard was ‘doing an excellent job’ - I said ‘he already had a serious achievement on his managerial CV’ - by which I meant getting a club to the championship play offs in his very first season in club management was impressive ... and you didn’t agree because you replied to my post - you said it isn’t a worthy achievement to get Derby into the play offs  - I thought that conversation was done, we disagreed, fair enough - dunno why you’ve now dug that old conversation up ....

mainly because I responded to your post and asked you for a bit of clarification. You're normally so quick to respond but didn't and much like you enjoy digging old things up I thought I'd do the same

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

mainly because I responded to your post and asked you for a bit of clarification. You're normally so quick to respond but didn't and much like you enjoy digging old things up I thought I'd do the same

Have a look at the thread on May 6th and our conversation within it - I answered all your questions and your last post to me on the subject was a statement, you didn’t ask for clarification, you merely asked me why I thought he’d “done a superb job” when I’d never said he’d done a “superb job”  .... I really don’t know why you are quizzing me now on Frank Lampard after we’ve already had the conversation - strange ....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Have a look at the thread on May 6th and our conversation within it - I answered all your questions and your last post to me on the subject was a statement, you didn’t ask for clarification .... I really don’t know why you are quizzing me now on Frank Lampard after we’ve already had the conversation - strange ....

It is an achievement for any manager, but a serious achievement is pushing it. As I said they’ve finished in the play offs for three of the last 6 seasons, it’s hardly as though they have come from nowhere to be one of the top sides in the league. Had he taken the likes of Preston/Millwall/Brentford to the play offs then it would have been a serious achievement, but Derby are a big club who have history in the top 6. They’ve finished on less points than they did last season, so realistically has he done a superb job?

I think Derby’s squad is much better than ours on paper, they are full of internationals and international age group players. They’ve got plenty of premier league experience and they’ve spent a fair bit to get to where they are currently. At the start of the season I reckon most people would have expected us to finish below them. 

Yes we’ve brought in some loanees from the premier league. Tammy was relatively unknown when we got him, Dasilva was untested at championship level, Kalas is hardly a youngster and we did very well to get him and Palmer isn’t one of Chelsea’s main prospects, unlike mason mount for instance. Would Wilson/ Tomori/ Mount have gone to Derby if Lampard hadn’t been there? I’m not so sure, his history has certainly helped him with them. 

I never said it isn’t a big deal, but I’d argue that for some clubs (Derby, Villa, West Brom, Middlesbrough) play offs would have been seen as a minimum achievement this season, and so I wouldn’t class it as a serious achievement for Lampard to get there. 

If he takes them up, then yes it’s a serious achievement, but currently it isn’t 

There you go, a couple of questions in there. 

To quote you:

It is an achievement for any manager, but a serious achievement is pushing it. As I said they’ve finished in the play offs for three of the last 6 seasons, it’s hardly as though they have come from nowhere to be one of the top sides in the league. Had he taken the likes of Preston/Millwall/Brentford to the play offs then it would have been a serious achievement, but Derby are a big club who have history in the top 6. They’ve finished on less points than they did last season, so realistically has he done a superb job?

I think Derby’s squad is much better than ours on paper, they are full of internationals and international age group players. They’ve got plenty of premier league experience and they’ve spent a fair bit to get to where they are currently. At the start of the season I reckon most people would have expected us to finish below them. 

Yes we’ve brought in some loanees from the premier league. Tammy was relatively unknown when we got him, Dasilva was untested at championship level, Kalas is hardly a youngster and we did very well to get him and Palmer isn’t one of Chelsea’s main prospects, unlike mason mount for instance. Would Wilson/ Tomori/ Mount have gone to Derby if Lampard hadn’t been there? I’m not so sure, his history has certainly helped him with them. 

I never said it isn’t a big deal, but I’d argue that for some clubs (Derby, Villa, West Brom, Middlesbrough) play offs would have been seen as a minimum achievement this season, and so I wouldn’t class it as a serious achievement for Lampard to get there. 

If he takes them up, then yes it’s a serious achievement, but currently it isn’t 

There you go, a couple of questions in there. 

No “silence” here - why would I answer a question asking me if “he has done a superb job?” when I never ever said he’d “done a superb job”? I said “he already had a serious achievement on his CV” - and I stand by that - getting a team to the championship play offs in your first season as a manager is a “serious achievement” in my opinion - now if anyone on here is currently “frantically trying to prove someone wrong” - I’d say it’s you .... I don’t get it - like a dog with a bone .... where did revisiting this Frank Lampard stuff come from?! We’d already discussed it ....

Archived