IGNORED

Who is the better player, Weimann or Reid?

Monkeh

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Still doesn’t mean we would of gone up,

we’ve had a 20 goal a season for 3 out of our 4 seasons in the championship

2 of those we only just avoided relegation the other we didn’t finish in the top 10

20 goal a season striker (which Reid isn’t he’s only broke double figure once in his career ie one season wonder)

Doesn’t mean you will get a play of place it not even important 

the most important thing for a team chasing promotion is it’s defence,

a solid back line and a good goal keeper,

our defence was decent last season and solid for 3/4 of the season but we still made the same basic mistakes,

ie the midfield not tracking back, backing off and not putting tackles in

Let’s see what type of season he has this season then. I think he is quality at this level but you obviously disagree. 

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Let’s see what type of season he has this season then. I think he is quality at this level but you obviously disagree. 

He’s had 1 good season, until he’s had multiple good seasons then no one will tell

he has one major thing going against him which is why I think he will have a poor season

neil warnock

he wont flourish in a kick and rush warnock team, he isn’t physical enough and I suspect he will be on the bench more often then not being used as an impact sub like his prem career,

if he was in say a West Brom side or a Fulham side where they like a technical player then I would agree with you, 

he isn’t he chased the money and joined a Neil warnock cardiff side and his career will suffer because of it until one of two things happen,

warnock leaves and they get a manager who likes to play flowing football like johnson

or he joins another team,

he will struggle in that cardiff side because of the way they are set up

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

As Monkeh says Reid was a one season wonder as a striker at City and that earned him a lucrative move to the PL at Cardiff.

I was really surprised that Colin signed him and predicted then that Reid would spend most of the season sat on the bench and that’s pretty much what happened. PL quality he ain’t......

However I think that he’s a very capable at Championship level and will undoubtedly bag a few goals should he get to start matches under Colin this coming season. 

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He’s had 1 good season, until he’s had multiple good seasons then no one will tell

he has one major thing going against him which is why I think he will have a poor season

neil warnock

he wont flourish in a kick and rush warnock team, he isn’t physical enough and I suspect he will be on the bench more often then not being used as an impact sub like his prem career,

if he was in say a West Brom side or a Fulham side where they like a technical player then I would agree with you, 

he isn’t he chased the money and joined a Neil warnock cardiff side and his career will suffer because of it until one of two things happen,

warnock leaves and they get a manager who likes to play flowing football like johnson

or he joins another team,

he will struggle in that cardiff side because of the way they are set up

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As Monkeh says Reid was a one season wonder as a striker at City and that earned him a lucrative move to the PL at Cardiff.

I was really surprised that Colin signed him and predicted then that Reid would spend most of the season sat on the bench and that’s pretty much what happened. PL quality he ain’t......

However I think that he’s a very capable at Championship level and will undoubtedly bag a few goals should he get to start matches under Colin this coming season. 

He only had one season at city as a striker though. Do you want him to have had more than one good season when he hasn’t had the chance?

100% of the seasons he has started as a striker at this level he has been a great success.

If you both can’t see that Reid is quality (and certainly better than Weimann) then I don’t know what you see.

He only had one season at city as a striker though. Do you want him to have had more than one good season when he hasn’t had the chance?

100% of the seasons he has started as a striker at this level he has been a great success.

If you both can’t see that Reid is quality (and certainly better than Weimann) then I don’t know what you see.

There is a whole history of strikers only having 1 good season,

no one has said Reid isn’t quality, they have said he isn’t proven or even guaranteed to be a 20 goal a season striker because he hasn’t done it multiple times

tammy is a 20 goal a season striker as is kodja as they have proven it over multiple seasons in the championship (when stayed fit)

reid hasn’t and won’t be until he does it multiple seasons

All opinions on players are subjective and if you think Reid is the better of the two then that’s your view but not everyone agrees with it...................:dunno:

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

There is a whole history of strikers only having 1 good season,

no one has said Reid isn’t quality, they have said he isn’t proven or even guaranteed to be a 20 goal a season striker because he hasn’t done it multiple times

tammy is a 20 goal a season striker as is kodja as they have proven it over multiple seasons in the championship (when stayed fit)

reid hasn’t and won’t be until he does it multiple seasons

Suppose you wouldn’t want Che Adams or Oli McBurnie here then. One season wonders both of them!! 

Imagine if Ashton went to Johnson and said he could get either of those two and Johnson said “shall we wait and see if they are one season wonders first?” Or if we had a chance to sign Tammy after his loan and decided to wait to see if he had just had one lucky season where he scored loads of goals!  

Name me some strikers who have scored 20 goals in a season and never got close to that again. I bet you can’t name many.

I haven’t said that though, I’m comparing weinman and Reid and staring Reid hasn’t done it over multiple seasons

weinman is 27 reid is 26 comparing the two players and records weinman comes out on top,

he’s scored more goals got more assists played more games in the top 2 leagues and has more international appearance 

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I haven’t said that though, I’m comparing weinman and Reid and staring Reid hasn’t done it over multiple seasons

weinman is 27 reid is 26 comparing the two players and records weinman comes out on top,

he’s scored more goals got more assists played more games in the top 2 leagues and has more international appearance 

I will wait for your striker list of dozens of one season wonders.

You would rather have Weimann than Reid which I find bewildering 

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He did play HIS first 19 games as centre forward though. I do understand as I know he didn't play against Stoke. I never once said he played in all of City's first 19 games. 

You said he played 19 games as a centre forward before being moved out wide against Millwall.

If Millwall was our 20th game of the season and Weimann didn't play in any one of the games then it is physically impossible for that to be the case.

He can't have played his first 19 games as a centre forward if he was moved wide against Millwall as he hadn't reached 19 games at that point.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Let’s see who has the better season next season. It will definitely be Reid by the way. 

Loads of people said if we had Reid last season we would have reached play offs and we missed him a lot. 

You didn’t add “FACT” to the sentence!!1 ?

As it stands we don’t even know if both players will even be in the Championship in 19/20 season.

Personally I think we did miss Reid last season....but that’s by comparing the way he played and we played in 17/18.  We played a very different style last season, with Diedhiou on his own a lot.  Would Bobby have excelled in Pato’s role for example, or if he’d been pushed wide right.

We can compare subjectively, but it’s a tough one.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

You said he played 19 games as a centre forward before being moved out wide against Millwall.

If Millwall was our 20th game of the season and Weimann didn't play in any one of the games then it is physically impossible for that to be the case.

He can't have played his first 19 games as a centre forward if he was moved wide against Millwall as he hadn't reached 19 games at that point.

Haha  How is it physically impossible for him to play 19 games as a centre forward before being moved out wide?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Haha  How is it physically impossible for him to play 19 games as a centre forward before being moved out wide?

It's physically impossible for him to have played 19 games as a centre forward before being moved wide in our 20th game.

As he missed the Stoke game the Millwall game would have been his 19th game at most.

I genuinely cannot break it down any more simply, so you are either now trolling, or just being thick.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's physically impossible for him to have played 19 games as a centre forward before being moved wide in our 20th game.

As he missed the Stoke game the Millwall game would have been his 19th game at most.

I genuinely cannot break it down any more simply, so you are either now trolling, or just being thick.

Hmm. I said he played first 19 games in a City shirt as a striker. HIS first, not City's first. There is a difference.

Lets just say weiman played a significant number of games in his favoured position thru the middle.

Then played alot of games out wide.

Personally would like to see him and Diedhiou have a run in the team as a pair, because i feel weimann is ten times the player thru the middle.

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Personally would like to see him and Diedhiou have a run in the team as a pair, because i feel weimann is ten times the player thru the middle.

Completely agree and so does Wiemann. He much prefers to play centrally and he and LJ discussed that prior to signing for us.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Any need for abuse? How old are you ?

Rough guess - under 21, probably around 16/17.

Anybody else think that we should play Webster in Weimann's role?  I mean roles.  Out wide and/or striker.  For the first 19 games.  I mean Webster's first 19 games if that is different from City's first 19 games. Or the other way around.  Whichever is the longest.

Either way, I think we can all agree Kalas should be playing alongside him.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Strange to start a thread when you ‘don’t actually give a shit’ - but I’ll bite - Weimann has only ever played in the top two tiers in England - including around 130 games for a premier league club.

Bobby Reid has played more games in league two than he has in the premier league - it’s laughable that there is even a debate - Weimann is a proven player - Bobby Reid has only had one good season in his entire career ... and we got £10m for his services - Wahey! 

Andreas Weimann is a fine player - proven over a career, he hasn’t just relied on one season to enhance his reputation ...

Every manager in the championship would chose Bobby over Weimann and he’ll score a lot more goals next season. 

22 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Are people forgetting his appearance as CF vs Plymouth ??

Nope!!

Before Millwall:

City League Games 1-19,

Weimann - 16 starts, 2 sub appearances, 1 bench (not brought on) 

City Cup Games 1

Weimann - 1 sub appearance

Total 16 starts, 3 subs, 1 bench-warmer

Those are undeniable facts.

I remember him playing Wide Right v Boro (LJ brain-wave to play Watkins as striker up against Flint!) at home.  We did not line-up the way Transfermarkt suggests!

Other games, following Fam’s return he may not have played as a standard “striker” but behind him, or inside forward, but that’s subjective.

18 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He did play HIS first 19 games as centre forward though. I do understand as I know he didn't play against Stoke. I never once said he played in all of City's first 19 games. 

This is tediously hard work - you said Weimann played his first 19 games as a centre forward last season before being shunted out wide from the Millwall game onwards  - the Millwall game was our 20th match of the season - so it’s obvious that you thought Weimann played in our first 19 games of the season as a centre forward, but he didn’t ... if you think he played ‘his’ first 19 games of the season as a centre forward then that is not possible, because you also said he played as a winger from the Millwall game onwards - our 20th game ...

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This is tediously hard work - you said Weimann played his first 19 games as a centre forward last season before being shunted out wide from the Millwall game onwards  - the Millwall game was our 20th match of the season - so it’s obvious that you thought Weimann played in our first 19 games of the season as a centre forward, but he didn’t ... if you think he played ‘his’ first 19 games of the season as a centre forward then that is not possible, because you also said he played as a winger from the Millwall game onwards - our 20th game ...

Still going on about this! Lets just agree he played plenty of games as a striker, and after 6 good performances he was then very poor, smashing most of his chances wildly off target. 

For me we can't have someone playing up front who goes a dozen or so games without scoring and missing sitters. Pushing him out wide was a great decision at the time by LJ. Our best form had Diedhiou up top and Weimann wide right.

Can't believe this is a debate.  Reid is a much better player than Weimann.

Much better technically, better vision, more accurate shot, quicker, and pips him in work rate too.

The biggest tell is how much better Diedhou was with Reid playing alongside him.  I know Weimann hasn't really been played alongside him but he just isn't good enough to play that goalscoring No 10 role.  

Weimann's movement is superb, but too often we don't have players that play him in.  Would love to see Reid and Weimann as a front two. 

On 20/06/2019 at 08:24, Wanderingred said:

Indeed and losing Reid's goals cost us a playoff place.

With out getting into a argument and I think you are a very good poster , who’s to say he would have scored that many goals again ? The following season 

Archived