IGNORED

Sammie Szmodics' Tattoos...

Robbored

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What are those bruises on his arms and leg?   :dunno:

That's hilarious, I think my sides just split.  You sound like my olde grandpappy, who when confronted by someone wearing fashionable ripped jeans, always asks if they want to borrow a needle.......just incredibly funny, even on the 10th occasion.   In fact Sammy looks like he is sporting some quality ink {Thats Tattoos to you} which looks expensive and well designed.

21 minutes ago, maxjak said:

That's hilarious, I think my sides just split.  You sound like my olde grandpappy, who when confronted by someone wearing fashionable ripped jeans, always asks if they want to borrow a needle.......just incredibly funny, even on the 10th occasion.   In fact Sammy looks like he is sporting some quality ink {Thats Tattoos to you} which looks expensive and well designed.

My point - possibly gone over your head - was that the ‘tattoos’ look like bruises.......I can’t see anything ‘fashionable’ in that look.

Remember Lee Peacock and his ‘fashionable’ tattoos?  He has those done 20 odd years ago and he’ll still have those now........:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My point - possibly gone over your head - was that the ‘tattoos’ look like bruises.......I can’t see anything ‘fashionable’ in that look.

Remember Lee Peacock and his ‘fashionable’ tattoos?  He has those done 20 odd years ago and he’ll still have those now........:facepalm:

I think in time there will be a carcinogen link. I would stay well clear regardless of whether one 'likes the look'. 

Anyway, welcome Sammy.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They look nothing like bruises. Just that classic Robbored comedy rising up again.

3 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Hunt is a proven right back with years of experience with a deadly crossing foot. No problems there

And when he's injured?

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Have tattoos gone out of fashion? I think that you’ve just made that up!

Well my grandad had several military tattoos which when he was a young man was  a very fashionable thing to have. In later life he hated them......As his skin aged and lost it elasticity the tattoos faded and looked like old bruises - hence why I never ever wanted a tattoo.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well my grandad had several military tattoos which when he was a young man was  a very fashionable thing to have. In later life he hated them......As his skin aged and lost it elasticity the tattoos faded and looked like old bruises - hence why I never ever wanted a tattoo.

And that's good for you, leave everyone else to decide what makes them happy.

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

None the wiser ....

Just poste a video at the end of page seven where he says it himself.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I'm with you on this one.

Can't understand why people want to pay loads of money to be marked for life.

But its their bodies and they can do what they want with it I suppose.

Anyway, if you are a footballer like Szomodics then a tattoo is almost obligatory (unless you have a mind of your own). Couldn't give a toss about that as long as he does the business for us.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm with you on this one.

Can't understand why people want to pay loads of money to be marked for life.

But its their bodies and they can do what they want with it I suppose.

Anyway, if you are a footballer like Szomodics then a tattoo is almost obligatory (unless you have a mind of your own). Couldn't give a toss about that as long as he does the business for us.

Spot on. I'm 33 and hate tattoos and would never get one but if other  people want to, it's up to them, there bodies. Excited by this signing too

With regards to tattoo's, although I have none and don't ever want any, I think they can look amazing and I admire the work that goes into them and the artistry, so my respect to those of you who have them.

As a person I'm terrible at committing to anything or really liking just one thing; so that, coupled with the expense of getting something artistic and colourful done, means I have concerns I would end up regretting having one done. If I had served in the military I would definitely had the crest or some such done; if I had represented my country in a sport at some major event then I would have that done e.g. Olympic rings. The only thing I can really think of that I would never fall out of love with is this club of ours.

There is of course also the wife, so I guess I could have her name tattooed, but unlike the club never falling out of love with me, I can't unfortunately say the same with regards to the former!

Now, if you could have really good temporary ones, I'd be plastered in them! ?

On 28/06/2019 at 12:35, Robbored said:

Sorry but tattoo's are now a genuine art form.   It's no longer  "Gladys" in garish awful colours at the end of the pier!  Tattooing has moved on, with higher grade inks, and outstanding designs and artist's.   My son recently had a Gustave Dore etching replicated by a superb tattooist.............it is of outstanding quality and looks fantastic.  Educate yourself my friend?  ?  PS. Nothing went over my head except a hat, and the fact that you claim tattoo's look like bruise's makes you appear a sad anachronism.

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry but tattoo's are now a genuine art form.   It's no longer  "Gladys" in garish awful colours at the end of the pier!  Tattooing has moved on, with higher grade inks, and outstanding designs and artist's.   My son recently had a Gustave Dore etching replicated by a superb tattooist.............it is of outstanding quality and looks fantastic.  Educate yourself my friend?  ?

For a while.

3FFAA64800000578-4477706-According_to_Sh

On 28/06/2019 at 12:35, Robbored said:

I’m not sure but I think that’s how tattoos generally work.

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry but tattoo's are now a genuine art form.   It's no longer  "Gladys" in garish awful colours at the end of the pier!  Tattooing has moved on, with higher grade inks, and outstanding designs and artist's.   My son recently had a Gustave Dore etching replicated by a superb tattooist.............it is of outstanding quality and looks fantastic.  Educate yourself my friend?  ?

It’s personal taste Max.

Having seen my grandfather cursing the day he had his military tattoos done definitely put me off the idea of having any kind of ‘art’ tattooed anywhere on my skin.

The problem is that it’s a life fixture and no matter how good quality the ink is or how skilled the artist is everyone's skin loses its elasticity as we age  and my grandads looked like faded bruises and he hated them so much he never took his shirt off in public.

I’ll admit that around 30 years ago I was considering a City crest on my upper left arm but decided against it. Had I gone ahead and had it done it would now look like a faded bruise......

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course and now LPs tattoos will look dated and are no longer fashionable. That should be a warning..........

I bet he’ll be devastated some old ginger troll with mental health issues off the internet doesn’t like his tattoos. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thanks Eddie..........I rest my case.

This will be particularly the case @maxjak with a Gustave Dore design. These are wonderful, intricate monochrome pictures but their appeal is in their sharpness and detail which will steadily blur into a grey blob over time.

I have seen some amazing pictures of tattoos that give a three dimensional effect but they only work when they are fresh and sharp; lose the sharpness and the 3D effect goes and then the blurring and fading finishes it off.

A Gustave Dore will last much better hanging upon the wall in a frame.

14 minutes ago, Henry said:

I bet he’ll be devastated some old ginger troll with mental health issues off the internet doesn’t like his tattoos. 

Not just LP Henry - pretty much anyone with tattoos will feel the same when the ‘art’  fades and lose its definition and starts to look like faded bruises............:cool2:

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s personal taste Max.

Having seen my grandfather cursing the day he had his military tattoos done definitely put me off the idea of having any kind of ‘art’ tattooed anywhere on my skin.

The problem is that it’s a life fixture and no matter how good quality the ink is or how skilled the artist is everyone's skin loses its elasticity as we age  and my grandads looked like faded bruises and he hated them so much he never took his shirt off in public.

I’ll admit that around 30 years ago I was considering a City crest on my upper left arm but decided against it. Had I gone ahead and had it done it would now look like a faded bruise......

True........because the ink was of poor quality 30 years ago........your point is valid ?

33 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This will be particularly the case @maxjak with a Gustave Dore design. These are wonderful, intricate monochrome pictures but their appeal is in their sharpness and detail which will steadily blur into a grey blob over time.

I have seen some amazing pictures of tattoos that give a three dimensional effect but they only work when they are fresh and sharp; lose the sharpness and the 3D effect goes and then the blurring and fading finishes it off.

A Gustave Dore will last much better hanging upon the wall in a frame.

Why can't it be on a wall and on a body?   Get Art out to thr people I say...............Tattoo ink is of very high quality now, so present day ink will still look fresh down the line.  The same however cannot be said of human skin, which can start to look saggy after 50-60 years, but not a lot can be done about that ?

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

You just don't get it?   Tattoo inks 15 years ago were completely different......yours is a spurious observation IMHO.

Fine, short of running this thread with updates for the next twenty years it is unprovable either way.

A lot of older tattoos do look like blurry smears; you think this is because the inks are inferior and I think that this is the inevitable result of introducing foreign particles into the skin.

I suggest that we agree to differ.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Fine, short of running this thread with updates for the next twenty years it is unprovable either way.

A lot of older tattoos do look like blurry smears; you think this is because the inks are inferior and I think that this is the inevitable result of introducing foreign particles into the skin.

I suggest that we agree to differ.

See you in 2060 for an update? ?

Archived