IGNORED

21 Goals In 5 Games But

Red Cloud

It won't be the Pompey game that will reveal much as its BT's testimonial and no-one takes testimonials seriously.The night will be about BT not BCFC.It'll probably be a 3-3 draw.

The WBA game will be much more indicative of how City are doing.Both teams will want to win that game as no-one likes going into the season on the back of a defeat.BT will learn more from that game than any other pre-season match.

Sorry I disagree I reckon the pompey game will be well fought. there is no reason why anyone in either of the teams should not bother. Players know that they still need to perform to get in the starting lineup come the first game of the season. We have more competition than ever within the squad and with the new manager it gives players a brand new chance to impress. We will fight to win that game I can guarantee that. Should be a stormer.

Sorry I disagree I reckon the pompey game will be well fought. there is no reason why anyone in either of the teams should not bother. Players know that they still need to perform to get in the starting lineup come the first game of the season.  We have more competition than ever within the squad and with the new manager it gives players a brand new chance to impress. We will fight to win that game I can guarantee that. Should be a stormer.

Disagree with me!? Who do you think you are? :P

If your're right and it is a hard fought match then I'll buy you a pint in Sawyers Arms after the game.But,if its a tame and typical testimonial then you can buy me two pints :Party12:

Deal??

Guest simmos the gaffer

Forget the friendlies we will only be able to guage progress after the first 6/7 games. The new players and manager will need to settle and remember we are notoriously bad starters to a season.

It would make a great change to stamp our authority from the the beginning, be 10 points clear of third by the end of October and steadily build on the lead throughout the season, achieving promotion well before the last few hectic games. Its what we deserve as fans and what the club should be striving for, especially with the quality of the competition this season.

I believe, as do the majority of you, lets see the players et al show that they do to. Arrogance is a necessity if you are going to achieve anything and we ARE the best team in the league so lets prove it!!!

Anything less than automatic promotion will be a failure!

^_^

Sorry to go off topic, but I have to say, when I read the title of the post, I expected the line "does my bum look big in this" ^_^

As I have bored you with that, I best comment!!

I think the friendlies have shown that we have a lot of strength in depth.

Based on what was said by Tins about Friday (i.e. this game might see close to my starting Xi, Portsmouth are looking at this as a key friendly before their season starts etc. etc.) I hope for a very good game of football.

I fully expect (and hope) to see Gazza do a little 10 minute spell, but other than that, a hard game.

Anything else would be an insult as opposed to a tribute to the great man the game is benefiting!

• Admin
Disagree with me!? Who do you think you are?  :P

If your're right and it is a hard fought match then I'll buy you a pint in Sawyers Arms after the game.But,if its a tame and typical testimonial then you can buy me two pints  :Party12:

Deal??

Isn't it nice of Pompey to take it easy on us in the forthcoming testimonial just as we took it easy on Clevedon and Forest Green by sticking 13 goals past them in their respective testimonial matches ^_^

In my experience it tends to be the end of season testimonials that become tame affairs not the ones just a week or two before the season starts.... :D

It's normally end of season Testimonials that are tame with players thinking of holidays and not getting injured. This game is an important pre-season game for both teams like any other. Once Tinnion leads the teams out to a standing ovation and all the pleasantries are exchanged it will be a competitive game with players on both sides wanting to prove a point to their manager.

Archived