IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Guest Sturman 1

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks for reply and I was interested as you have reasons for your views

it’s not a dig at you but I struggle to identify ,  what ‘his game’ is

i hope you are right about a partnership but I’m not convinced ,

Personally I’ve seen little evidence of him forming partnerships  - Some may say Bobby Reid but I thought Reid was the important key there

I was having a similar(ish) debate with Tipps.

I have almost reached a conclusion that Diedhiou and Weimann just don’t work as pair (either together or with Weimann shunted wide).  Whether that is either or both of their fault, I don’t know.

I did see a semblance of a partnership between Fam and Taylor and Fam and Djuric, albeit it briefly.  Both Taylor and Djuric, although different players give defenders a hard time.  Perhaps Fam prefers to be the passive partner.

For Weimann he looked great alongside Afobe.

Even in those games last season when Weimann did play alongside Diedhiou (before we went one up top) I sensed Weimann’s frustrations.  Whether it was same runs, same space, I don’t know, they just never hit it off.  Weimann has looked back to his best this season and against the likes of Derby his movement was instinctive with Palmer.  My fear is that we stifle Palmer.  A free Palmer is a huge asset, but if he can’t create he becomes just another midfielder.

Tune it at 14:00 tomorrow and see the line-up.  Joy or meltdown?

3 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

So Benik is on the injury list rumour has it. BBC website says possibility of being out for rest of season. Scans will be taking place and full assessment of injury before a full club statement I would ? think so we play a waiting game. One thing for sure he will not start against the swans 

Even that isn’t certain based on what we know for sure.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Research.......you should try it some time?

Please show us the research that tells us from an official and verified source that the injury rumour is definitely 100% true.

21 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He obviously just likes pissing about and gets a few bites . If it is bollocks it goes to show how poor journalism is these days. And I think Gregor is a massive step up from stockhausen 

To be honest I think the bell sniff 'Mitch' is a step up from Stockhausen!

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Angry at the possible hoaxer? I can well see that.

Delighted at him in fact being available- think that'd be universal.

Bit of anger at the club for their handling? Yeah, I'd say so.

Help us out here Mr  P

You are pretty decent analytically and seem to have a reasonable handle on this

(As fat as you can see) does the first source of the rumour seem to go back to this clown on twitter ?

Whatever the outcome the whole thing is totally bizarre 

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was having a similar(ish) debate with Tipps.

I have almost reached a conclusion that Diedhiou and Weimann just don’t work as pair (either together or with Weimann shunted wide).  Whether that is either or both of their fault, I don’t know.

I did see a semblance of a partnership between Fam and Taylor and Fam and Djuric, albeit it briefly.  Both Taylor and Djuric, although different players give defenders a hard time.  Perhaps Fam prefers to be the passive partner.

For Weimann he looked great alongside Afobe.

Even in those games last season when Weimann did play alongside Diedhiou (before we went one up top) I sensed Weimann’s frustrations.  Whether it was same runs, same space, I don’t know, they just never hit it off.  Weimann has looked back to his best this season and against the likes of Derby his movement was instinctive with Palmer.  My fear is that we stifle Palmer.  A free Palmer is a huge asset, but if he can’t create he becomes just another midfielder.

Tune it at 14:00 tomorrow and see the line-up.  Joy or meltdown?

My sentiments exactly in an earlier post. Palmer becomes superflous with Fam up top as there is no one to read / run on to his through balls.

23 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Your  first post on this thread asks "Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour?".

Your subsequent 40+ posts would seem to confirm that you are the person who gives a shit about unfounded rumours.

I must confess, however,  that this has yet to be confirmed on the OS,  so may not turn out to be true!

But don't forget, he isn't disruptive at all and it's everyone else who is the problem.

Pathetic.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Help us out here Mr  P

(As fat as you can see) does the first source of the rumour seem to go back to this clown on twitter ?

From what I read earlier, the initial twitter post from the vocal person was posted around 30 mins after the exiled robin posted his crypic tweet about there being an injury. 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

From what I read earlier, the initial twitter post from the vocal person was posted around 30 mins after the exiled robin posted his crypic tweet about there being an injury. 

Ta -

Anyone know if anyone has asked Exile Robin the veracity of his info / source ?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Obviously some are not bothered about accuracy but I am. Any thing other than accuracy is wild speculation and rumour imv.

But no one is saying it's true or accurate, or disputing that it's only a rumour. What's wrong with discussing it regardless of whether it's fact or rumour? No one is trying to force you to believe it. If you don't want to take part, don't read or post, but why critise people for discussing something. It's what the forum is for.

If fact, you appear to be the only one saying with certainty that he isn't injured and that it's all made up. The fact is no one on here knows.

36 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Your  first post on this thread asks "Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour?".

Your subsequent 40+ posts would seem to confirm that you are the person who gives a shit about unfounded rumours.

I must confess, however,  that this has yet to be confirmed on the OS,  so may not turn out to be true!

Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour.... Ah forget it. 

I understand why, as it's a normal human instinct to want to hope. But I am truly incredulous at the amount of self denial and doubt on this subject.  How else does one formulate a fact, other than by using research and information to ascertain the truth? Rather than blinkered opinion?  If people would take the time to explore the internet and some of the reputable sites on it, then there can only be one conclusion......... Benik unfortunately has suffered a major injury, and will not play again this season. Glib insults and sad ridicule won't change the truth?   I wish him all the best in his future.

2 minutes ago, Paul Turnip said:

If fact, you appear to be the only one saying with certainty that he isn't injured and that it's all made up. The fact is no one on here knows.

I’m assuming that Afobe isn’t injured - not saying with certainty that he isn’t.  Your last sentence is absolutely right.

41 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Afobe IS INJURED AND WILL MISS THE REST OF THE SEASON.........END OF.  Why do people keep speculating?  He will probably not play for Bristol City again.  As sad as it is , it is a fact.

I didn't know capital letters made rumours turn into facts. I'm gutted I didn't know this before tbh. 

I'M HUNG LIKE A HORSE AND BANG LIKE A SEWING MACHINE 

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I understand why, as it's a normal human instinct to want to hope. But I am truly incredulous at the amount of self denial and doubt on this subject.  How else does one formulate a fact, other than by using research and information to ascertain the truth? Rather than blinkered opinion?  If people would take the time to explore the internet and some of the reputable sites on it, then there can only be one conclusion......... Benik unfortunately has suffered a major injury, and will not play again this season. Glib insults and sad ridicule won't change the truth?   I wish him all the best in his future.

Without wanting to sound like a certain poster, I’d only trust the Official Site as being the only ‘reputable site’ where we can find out for certain whether Benik is injured or not.

All your jargon there shows that you also don’t know for certain whether Benik is injured or not

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Without wanting to sound like a certain poster, I’d only trust the Official Site as being the only ‘reputable site’ where we can find out for certain whether Benik is injured or not.

All your jargon there shows that you also don’t know for certain whether Benik is injured or not

It's pointless, I give up and retire ..........best of luck seeing Benik trot out onto the pitch tomorrow..??

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

FACT eh.....

More like your opinion 

Hate to break this to you but that’s not what constitutes FACT

Embarrassing

I have just read this whole thread back again, plenty of spare time on the train down from Manchester to Bristol at the moment

Robbored is kind of right to be fair, the club have not confirmed or denied anything yet he is getting ridiculed for his opinion

It is those moaning about him that are making this thread even worse than it needs to be

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It’s a morale issue. 

Had it been officially confirmed via the OS then discussing it is perfectly acceptable on this or any football forum. However there has been no confirmation or denial of any injury to Afobe by the OS and yet posters begin to discuss it as if were 100% true.

I imagine that if a fully fit Benik read these comments he’d be either very upset or cracking  a rib laughing.

I'd be fine with a cracked rib - that'll only be a few weeks out.

7 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I didn't know capital letters made rumours turn into facts. I'm gutted I didn't know this before tbh. 

I'M HUNG LIKE A HORSE AND BANG LIKE A SEWING MACHINE 

LADY COLBY-TIT HERE.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO CONFIRM THAT HE’S NOT AND HE DOESN'T!!

I've already made peace with the fact that on the balance of probability, this is all true and Afobe is indeed out for the season.. I've therefore adjusted my hopes and expectations for tomorrow/the season accordingly. This seems like the best thing to do, because if it does turn out to be true, nothing new... If it turns out to be bullshit however, can you imagine the scenes when his name is announced tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

I've already made peace with the fact that on the balance of probability, this is all true and Afobe is indeed out for the season.. I've therefore adjusted my hopes and expectations for tomorrow/the season accordingly. This seems like the best thing to do, because if it does turn out to be true, nothing new... If it turns out to be bullshit however, can you imagine the scenes when his name is announced tomorrow.

What a sensible  post !

:clap:

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

And this is exactly why I have put him on ignore (shame you cannot ignore all the quoted posts as well) - the only time I have ever done it to anyone on here. The bloke is a fooking troll and just wants to create friction and argument, because he obviously has nothing better to do with his time.

SAD AS **** FOR A SO CALLED GROWN MAN, posts are more like that of a 13 year old child.

My guess , for what it’s worth , is it isn’t actually  true and the club haven’t commented on it because they don’t comment on rumours (just like they don’t every time we are linked with a player) but they are all probably having a good laugh over the whole thing.

Am I the only one who is with Robbored on this one?  Until the clubs or the player himself confirm this matter, one way or the other, all speculation is pointless.  The BBC nationally say their information has come from Radio Bristol, who appear to have got their information from the Bristol Post, who say that the news has not been confirmed by either Bristol or Stoke City, and indeed that Bristol City has refused to comment when asked.  No one has identified their source, and I find it quite impossible to imagine why neither City or Stoke would have failed to comment on this if it were entirely true.  This could go down as the biggest hoax since the signing of Carl Heggs (happy memories, Rob!) or it could be true.  I have no ****** idea.

3 minutes ago, Corshamred said:

My guess , for what it’s worth , is it isn’t actually  true and the club haven’t commented on it because they don’t comment on rumours (just like they don’t every time we are linked with a player) but they are all probably having a good laugh over the whole thing.

Well, if it turns out to be bullshit there will be quite a few red faces including;

Exiled Robin

Peter O'Rourke

The BBC

SKY

Bristol Post and Gregor especially

Skybet, Ladbrokes, Bet365, Coral, and others who have taken him down from the scorers list (and Paddy Power who have Afobe as 1/1000 to score anytime)

And Robbored will be strutting around like a peacock.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Help us out here Mr  P

See I've already been beaten to it BBSB, but I believe having done a bit of research that Exiled Robin first?

FWIW also BCFC Mitch has again declared he isn't injured- just now.

@bcfc01

You can also add Goal.com, some source in Africa, think Prutton cited the injury in his preview to name 3! The last one could also be classed as Sky too.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

See I've already been beaten to it BBSB, but I believe having done a bit of research that Exiled Robin first?

FWIW also BCFC Mitch has again declared he isn't injured- just now.

Now here’s a twist....might it have been BCFC Mitch that told Exiled Robin.sherlock holmes GIF

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

To be honest I think the bell sniff 'Mitch' is a step up from Stockhausen!

Mitch is just a fan on the wind up, Gregor is the journo amongst a few that’s gone with it . My point being they troll through social media for a story these days rather than proper journalism 

5 minutes ago, Corshamred said:

I hadn’t thought about checking the bookies. He is not listed with BET365 to score anytime in the game tomorrow and they sponsor Stoke so I guess they might know.

Oh well ☹️

He'll have been pulled because they don't know either. 

(at least the chaps formulating the odds) 

Archived