IGNORED

LJ post match - very philosophical

Robbored

32 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

We are conceding to many goals 16 in 12 games. 

We need to stick to 532 or whatever formation it is. We seem to concede change formation and concede even more. Today was another example go 1 down take off Moore ( who must think why always me)  and concede again. If LJ isn’t happy playing that formation or thinks we can win with it then why start with it.

When playing 532, we have the players to do well in that formation. However, if individuals are playing poorly, then we have few available that can come on and replace well in that formation.

LJ has said Eliasson can't play in a 532...hence we he comes on we often go 442. 

Yesterday we did that and when Rodri came on we went 4231.

I personally like when we play 4231...I also thin we are more effective when we play more narrow.

Imo it was obvious that LJ planned to play 4312 pre season, or something similar. With Palmer as the 1 in behind Nketiah and Weimann...that then went to Afobe and Weimann. Then it went Pete Tong with Afobe, and we are trying to play Palmer with Famara...that doesn't work, but we have little option. Semenyo doesn't work either...so LJ has been hamstrung with what's happened with Nketiah and then Afobe. Hence Rodri...

I think Brownhill, Odowda, Eliasson and Weimann all have offensive attributes that could be used as better.

I've thought about a 4231 as well...

Bentley

Hunt, Moore, Williams, Baker

HNM, Rowe

Eliasson, Brownhill, Odowda 

Rodri

Weimann and Palmer could effectively be used in that '3' as well.

All playing more narrow, better passing and moving into the box finding space and opportunity to shoot. Constant ' busy bee's' as LJ likes to phrase.

They all have the ability to get in those danger zones and shoot.

And with HNM and Rowe creating cover it would allow us to be more compact centrally where we are getting caught out.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

When playing 532, we have the players to do well in that formation. However, if individuals are playing poorly, then we have few available that can come on and replace well in that formation.

LJ has said Eliasson can't play in a 532...hence we he comes on we often go 442. 

Yesterday we did that and when Rodri came on we went 4231.

I personally like when we play 4231...I also thin we are more effective when we play more narrow.

Imo it was obvious that LJ planned to play 4312 pre season, or something similar. With Palmer as the 1 in behind Nketiah and Weimann...that then went to Afobe and Weimann. Then it went Pete Tong with Afobe, and we are trying to play Palmer with Famara...that doesn't work, but we have little option. Semenyo doesn't work either...so LJ has been hamstrung with what's happened with Nketiah and then Afobe. Hence Rodri...

I think Brownhill, Odowda, Eliasson and Weimann all have offensive attributes that could be used as better.

I've thought about a 4231 as well...

Bentley

Hunt, Moore, Williams, Baker

HNM, Rowe

Eliasson, Brownhill, Odowda 

Rodri

Weimann and Palmer could effectively be used in that '3' as well.

All playing more narrow, better passing and moving into the box finding space and opportunity to shoot. Constant ' busy bee's' as LJ likes to phrase.

They all have the ability to get in those danger zones and shoot.

And with HNM and Rowe creating cover it would allow us to be more compact centrally where we are getting caught out.

The other advantage to that shape, with Brownhill as the central player in the '3' is that unlike Palmer, he can come back inside more easily to form a 4-3-3/4-5-1 in some phases- yet I hesitate about dropping Palmer, he can be really creative.

Just looked again though- you'd drop Weimann?? Big call!

54 minutes ago, Olé said:

What a brilliant video. I wasn't always an LJ fan and sometimes I felt his interviews after defeats were defensive spin and waffle

agree, they certainly used to be, especially if it was after a couple or few bad results.

but I've long since learned that I did the guy a disservice,

I don’t think you did, his post-match pressers used to be a cringe listen at times

he speaks so well about what actually happens on the pitch rather than soundbites

he has got much better, I think he has been comfortable since last season, they are much better and have been for a while.

and what he wants people to hear, this video is the most honest and accurate summary of what happened and how we lost the game, exactly as I saw it, I don't think there are many managers in the English game who would share that quality and honesty of appraisal.

on Twitter last night there was a Luton fan who commended him for being so honest in defeat.  It’s been a long time since I’ve been waiting for what kind of bollox he’s gonna spout after a defeat.  They are now a really good listen.

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The other advantage to that shape, with Brownhill as the central player in the '3' is that unlike Palmer, he can come back inside more easily to form a 4-3-3/4-5-1 in some phases- yet I hesitate about dropping Palmer, he can be really creative.

Just looked again though- you'd drop Weimann?? Big call!

Weimann and Palmer could both play in that narrow 3 mate, as I poorly tried to imply. Weimann and Eliasson both have offensive attributes when they play more narrow.

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Would make a great guest on Super Sunday. He certainly does talk a great game 

Shame his teams are a bit same old same old but still, he is fantastic to listen to 

Handily placed in the Championship, two defeats in 12 and you’re complaining.........jeez..........I bet you’re  a fun guy on a night out.........:cool2:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Same old, same old........

Same old seems to be doing pretty well so far.....

Wasn’t complaining . Simply stating it’s same old same old ....which it is 

We are doing no better or no worse then last season. Performances are the same. League position is pretty much the same . Results are the same. 

Quite a few players have changed. However overall performance hasn’t. As I said...he talks a great game 

Archived