IGNORED

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic Match Day 13

Septic Peg

Haven't heard from Hav and it's like silly o'clock in his part of the world so I expect he's sound asleep. So you're stuck we me again folks - queue OTIB collective groan, shouts of "Peg Out!", blah blah blah. 

So I haven't prepared anything but I will say that tonight, we will be entertaining a special guest.

Look who's slumming it in our primitive backwater.

So this all stems from the whole Nketiah saga with Wrighty allegedly suggesting a move to Leeds rather than us would be more beneficial. When City got on his back about it, he agreed to visit and do a striker training session with Fam and co to clear the air.

So it might be nice to hear an old school classic "Ian Wright, Wright, Wright" as sang when he played for both Arsenal and England. 

You never know, he might be impressed by AG and push a few future Arsenal starlets our way rather than Dirty Leeds, especially after what happened up there with Nketiah until recently.

Talking of Dirty Leeds and ex player Bowyer (now Charlton manager) will also be watching from the stands tonight so hopefully he'll be sat well away from Wrighty. 

1 point between us and our current table next door neighbours means this stinks of a draw. 1-1. Weimann.

Hopefully, Hav and normal service will resume next time.

COYRS!

Not expecting a clean game tonight as anything Bowyer is involved with is dirty or involves cheating in some way.

We will need to be mentally and physically strong to get the 3 points we now seriously need to stay in touch with the top and can probably expect a few cuts and bruises in doing so.

Evil Post suggesting a front two of Weimann and Rodri along with O'Dowda and Eliasson out wide. To me, if you have those 2 as forwards, you probably need to play the ball through the middle and keep it on the deck.

Looking forward to the game anyway and hope we come away with 3 points.

COYR

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well.

I didn’t see that selection coming.

4-4-2 and wingers or 4-5-1 with Semenyo and Weimann interchanging in “10”.

Genuinely no idea how we work this in practice...

It'll be written down as a 442 I suspect - but in practice I'd like to see Semenyo, COD, Weimann and Eliasson moving around, creating triangles, and trying to make space for each other. I'm hoping Massengo may be given licence to press higher up the pitch, breaking up their attacks before they get going and creating loose balls that Brownhill can spread to the front four.

Of course we could just as easily be about to watch 90 minutes of Eliasson crossing into nowhere but at least the line up is something different.

I think LJ has gone 442 due to Jack Hunt’s injury. He has tended to play Pereira in a 4 with an out and out winger in front of him, whereas Jack Hunt has generally played wing back. Thought Pereira had a good game against Reading and unlucky to be dropped so fingers crossed it works.

Archived