IGNORED

When we were pioneers

CyderInACan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ceb0c3b7-fced-4989-b3fa-28efd21a8682

How football has changed eh. Good to see us getting the kudos for pioneering the goal gif trend. 

Not sure if they are even still online anywhere but there were some pretty funny ones back in that first season. 

Is there even an OTIB WhatsApp group!? 

The guy who oversaw it, the pioneering policy, got removed subsequent to that season.

Disappointing that fairly well known staff such as him (Adam Baker) and Tim Shires no longer at the club, replaced in the case of Tim Shires by bloody Downsy!! 

Both deserved better.

PS,  my 2nd paragraph sounds perhaps a little tokenistic on re-reading.

Not just long serving, popular and we'll known- rather good at what they did too! Better than their successors at a minimum.

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The guy who oversaw it, the pioneering policy, got removed subsequent to that season.

Disappointing that fairly well known staff such as him (Adam Baker) and Tim Shires no longer at the club, replaced in the case of Tim Shires by bloody Downsy!! 

Both deserved better.

Not just long serving, popular and we'll known- rather good at what they did too! Better than their successors at a minimum.

That's life, change is not beneficial unless you are the one benefiting.

Weren't we also pioneers in football stands? The Dolman Stand was a cantilever design which meant every seat had an unobstructed view of the pitch with no vertical girders holding up the roof.

Very common now but when Sir Harry designed it, if it wasn't a first for English Football grounds, it was pretty close!

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Both deserved better.

Where is Adam Baker now? He used to be very active on here & now seemingly nothing, for a fan to just disappear is fairly worrying, has the clubs actions forced him to stop following the team he followed?

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Where is Adam Baker now? He used to be very active on here & now seemingly nothing, for a fan to just disappear is fairly worrying, has the clubs actions forced him to stop following the team he followed?

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Both deserved better.

I spoke to Adam shortly after he left City. He was doing some freelance work where I work. 
He said he wasn’t bombed out at all. He just had a better offer from elsewhere. Loves City, always will, was just one of those things. 
So what do you know @Mr Popodopolous that the “horses mouth” didn’t reveal..?

And yes, I did know him a little bit from previous dealings prior to this conversation, so he wasn’t just telling some random fan what he’d want to hear. 
He also, in the same conversation, gave me some insider transfer info that was spot on, a few days later.  

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I spoke to Adam shortly after he left City. He was doing some freelance work where I work. 

He said he wasn’t bombed out at all. He just had a better offer from elsewhere. Loves City, always will, was just one of those things. 

His "better offer" was freelance work? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So what do you know @Mr Popodopolous that the “horses mouth” didn’t reveal..?

And yes, I did know him a little bit from previous dealings prior to this conversation, so he wasn’t just telling some random fan what he’d want to hear. 
He also, in the same conversation, gave me some insider transfer info that was spot on, a few days later.  

Three words @Bar BS3

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

11 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Weren't we also pioneers in football stands? The Dolman Stand was a cantilever design which meant every seat had an unobstructed view of the pitch with no vertical girders holding up the roof.

Very common now but when Sir Harry designed it, if it wasn't a first for English Football grounds, it was pretty close!

I think you're right in that it was pioneering but I think it was because of it being a 'goalpost' design. I'm pretty certain the Dolman isn't cantilever.

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Three words @Bar BS3

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

Possibly, yes. But it seemed pretty above board that he didn’t have any ill feeling or axe to grind with the club. He was just looking forward to starting his new role. 

Who knows. Just passing on what I was told by the man himself. 

18 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ceb0c3b7-fced-4989-b3fa-28efd21a8682

How football has changed eh. Good to see us getting the kudos for pioneering the goal gif trend. 

Not sure if they are even still online anywhere but there were some pretty funny ones back in that first season. 

Is there even an OTIB WhatsApp group!? 

pie to the face GIFPie on ears 

16 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Think Sheff Weds stand opposite the tunnel/to our left in the LL stand is cantilever and built for '66 WC.

19 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Weren't the old floodlights a unique Dolman design as well?

23 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Both deserved better.

Tokenistic?

Your wasted on here...

Mr Pompass ?

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

OK so I perhaps got the definition or word a bit wrong..

My main point was that as well as long standing employees, they were clearly capable and getting rid was harsh/wrong IMO. 

Seemed so from outside looking in  Ignore abuse you are one of the most balanced and contributing posters mate. 

On 17/12/2019 at 21:06, Mr Popodopolous said:

Both deserved better.

Good times ?

On 18/12/2019 at 16:46, Moments of Pleasure said:

Think Sheff Weds stand opposite the tunnel/to our left in the LL stand is cantilever and built for '66 WC.

I used to have a ST in that one (the North Stand) in 1965 after moving from Bristol, was rebuilt in 1960-61 as Hillsborough was one of the grounds used by the FA for Semi-Finals and of course the 66 WCF's came along where Sheffield hosted quite a few games.It was also known as The Cantilever Stand to most of us.

Archived