IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

@ 0-0 did we really need to change the shape? 

Something to think about if it was a back 3, for Nuhiu running through for that pen it would probably have been Taylor Moore with him rather than Rowe for the channel he'd have been running through

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m not one for the knee jerk reactions, but I am starting to edge towards thinking the time has come for a change of manager.

The inconsistency of our performances has become too consistent a theme, spanning a number of seasons now, despite broad progress up the league. It appears to be an issue Johnson is no closer to solving.

Johnson has established us as play off challengers and he deserves credit for that. But that status should enable us to attract a manger with quality in the Hughton mould - and I think a fresh approach, making use of the good quality we have at our disposal - might now be a good thing.

Bit early for that, but I am becoming disillusioned at how boring we are to watch. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What’s that got to do with the pen? Nothing. 

We were on course for an uninspired point and instead will get nothing. What we deserve is irrelevant, we’ve been robbed of a point here. 

If we cant even create a few oppurtunities ourselves Id argue we dont deserve a point. At that point its training, not football. 

Just looking at our stats for the last five games we’ve had 11 shots on target in 7 1/2 hours of football .  That really is shocking ? . I’m not going to start demanding heads on spikes here but every year that LJ has been here has seen exactly the same thing happen . We get in a great position with a squad hit by injuries  then we implode once the injured players come back and LJ has choices to make . Questions do need to be asked . 

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

We set up today to soak pressure and play on counter we’ve had 2 great chances and haven’t took them again I’m not a fan of Johnson but I don’t get why you have be so negative when it’s a poor decision by the ref that’s costed us a Decent point away from home tbh

Yes we did set to soak it. So what was the point of taking off your runner and bringing on two players who can not win a tackle. That Gave us no outlet and lost the battle in midfield from that point on. 

yes I agree O’Dowda should have at least hit the target but he missed. So if he can’t run shoot attack or defend why play him. 

poor decision cost us. Poor shooting from a poor player cost us too!

LJ is under pressure now no matter how you cut it. To coin a phrase I’m not sure he knows what he’s doing. 

I fear that if SL doesn't move LJ on, some of our better players will want out. We now have some high class players that should have a high class manager to play for. This transfer window will be very revealing in not only who we bring in but also who heads out.

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Very poor. No quality passing. The match stats speak for themselves. We were dominated and the ball like a hot potato. AW  touched the ball 9 times according to sky. Making runs but no one picking the runs

Dominated with and without the ball vs a team who aren't exactly possession heavy...to be dominated in both aspects is definitely alarming!

9 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Why are we so incapable of keeping the ball?!! Everyone’s so scared on the ball, so many times we have gave away possession needlessly today it’s infuriating. A team couple void of creativity,  something needs to change and fast

A team in LJs image!

SL should be fuming, but doubt it!

Playing on the counter does not mean lump the ball upfield and hope it breaks for you. Where is the possession football that LJ claims he wants to play?

Said earlier on, if you gives team that many chances they’ll get one, even with a massively dubious decision.

Im the wrong side of 16st, hopelessly unfit but I’d be more effective in midfield than O’Dowda, surely we needed to pass and move it quicker than we’ve done today, if he was fit why was Massengo not brought on.

1 minute ago, City_USA said:

I fear that if SL doesn't move LJ on, some of our better players will want out. We now have some high class players that should have a high class manager to play for. This transfer window will be very revealing in not only who we bring in but also who heads out.

SL will never get rid of Johnson so people need to suck it up and accept we have him for as long as he chooses.

2 minutes ago, Highguy said:

We set up today to soak pressure and play on counter we’ve had 2 great chances and haven’t took them again I’m not a fan of Johnson but I don’t get why you have be so negative when it’s a poor decision by the ref that’s costed us a Decent point away from home tbh

The most frustrating part is that Sheff Wednesday were really poor and we were far far worse than them. 

When you have a group of players who seem incapable of simply passing to a team mate you have to wonder what is going on. 

No fluency at all, lack of movement, lack of guile, lack of confidence on the ball, lack of any real passion. 

New ideas are needed, we are stale and take away the first 15 seconds we were awful. 

Robbed by the most pathetic penalty decision ever. Scrappy game but as always tough. Should have been a draw but hey ho.

Fear that offers for Bentley & Moore in Jan could be in the offering. Hope that someone takes O'Dowda off our hands. He was useless (again). 

Bannan stood out as the main difference in the game.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hughton will be after a PL job, quite sure of that.

CH is a smart man. I think he would look at the project as to what it can offer. We have the stadium, training facilities, financial backing, somewhat of a squad to build on. I think it would be Hughton’s ideal next job.

Archived