IGNORED

We need more than just a forward in Jan

Top Robin

9 hours ago, Highguy said:

Im on the Johnson out side of the fence reading your post proves to me that he isn’t the right guy for the job

i think he got the selection wrong(easy to say now obvs) but I don’t like the idea of not going out to win and a 0-0 is the result we play for 

I’m not LJ out, but that performance (I missed Blackburn) was as poor as it gets.  I’m not sure we were set-up for 0-0, I just think it’s an easy thing to say after playing crap.  If we were set up for 0-0, he’d have played Nagy or Massengo instead of O’Dowda, and possibly Baker over Moore.  Furthermore he then went Eliasson / Palmer, if he really wanted 0-0 he’d have gone with very different subs.  I know he says he always goes for the win, but sometimes you have to accept a point at all costs.  I don’t buy “a third-party (the ref) cost us”....we were nowhere near good enough.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

He'd offer a lot more going forward at wing back than Rowe with his pace and willingness to run with the ball. Just not sure on his defensive attributes. Needs games so I'd prefer him to stay at Walsall for now.

That’s a big leap of faith from you that he can do the things he does in Lg2 in the Champ, against Champ level RW/RM/RBs!!  Who knows, he might take to it like a duck to water, but let’s judge it when it happens.

53 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Dear Santa please can we have the following in January. 2 shit hot strikers/1 pacy right winger/And 1 horrible nasty Bastard in centre midfield to give it some backbone. Cheers

You could be asking on behalf of quite a number of Championship clubs....

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not LJ out, but that performance (I missed Blackburn) was as poor as it gets.  I’m not sure we were set-up for 0-0, I just think it’s an easy thing to say after playing crap.  If we were set up for 0-0, he’d have played Nagy or Massengo instead of O’Dowda, and possibly Baker over Moore.  Furthermore he then went Eliasson / Palmer, if he really wanted 0-0 he’d have gone with very different subs.  I know he says he always goes for the win, but sometimes you have to accept a point at all costs.  I don’t buy “a third-party (the ref) cost us”....we were nowhere near good enough.

Blackburn was worse then sunday if you ask me 

Odowda not an attacking player imo hes in starting line up because he can run i think we did set up for a point 

Lansdown was watching and we have 2 of most creative players on the bench and after seeing 60 minutes of what his starting line up i think he had no choice but to put them on 

I liked williams interview om sunday not once moaned about the ref he just accepted we wasnt good enough in the final third

Anyone who thinks a goal scorer is going to change our fortunes drastically is in cuckoo land. We create absolutely nothing as we play so negatively. 

We are 21/24 for total attempts at goal, 20/24 for attempts on target, 22/24 for attempts from outside of the area, 19/24 for attempts from inside the area and 17/24 for attempts from open play. 

What is Dwight Gayle or similar going to do about that, as a striker can’t be expected to solve that problem. 

The problem is too many negative players on the pitch, or rather too many player who are being coached to play in a way and in a system which inhibits their positive attributes. 

16 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Anyone who thinks a goal scorer is going to change our fortunes drastically is in cuckoo land. We create absolutely nothing as we play so negatively. 

We are 21/24 for total attempts at goal, 20/24 for attempts on target, 22/24 for attempts from outside of the area, 19/24 for attempts from inside the area and 17/24 for attempts from open play. 

What is Dwight Gayle or similar going to do about that, as a striker can’t be expected to solve that problem. 

The problem is too many negative players on the pitch, or rather too many player who are being coached to play in a way and in a system which inhibits their positive attributes. 

We were doing fine with Afobe. A better strike force would make all the difference imo.

On 23/12/2019 at 23:08, MelksRed said:

In absentia.....there is always a void between the defence and the forward players......mainly because we have defensively minded midfielders.....creative, forward thinking play maker required.

As was mentioned on Radio Bristol on ‘Sound of the City’. I think it was a mistake to let Matty Taylor go, he’s the kind of irritating player we need at the moment

Archived