IGNORED

Never happy

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

18 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Oh absolutely, people often forget that there is another team on the pitch who’s performance is having an equal impact to the outcome of a game!

And I agree, a lot of the other teams also improve in quality year on year but I stand by my opinion that this squad is capable of more in terms of performance and re-establishing the identity we had not so long ago. 

When City lose at AG otib goes into meltdown with calls for LJs head etc etc............:dunno:

Take the recent home defeats to Millwall and Blackburn. They both did an excellent job in stifling our play but - as has been pointed out - it was down to the opposition carrying out their strategy to excellent effect and both deserve credit for that.

Sure, LJ could/should have changed things earlier and City could/should have defended better but even if City/he had we would probably still lost those games.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

It's only a minority of extremes that generally use forums. So many of them don't even bother going, yet think by watching or listening via media know it all.

You say about most talented squad...it is in Bristol City terms. However the quality of footballer goes up every year,in every league. Our quality has gone up...but only to a level of mid table average when compared player for player in other teams in this division.

This negates itself. Hence so many results in this division where anyone can beat anyone.

We are going ahead by our own standards, but basically keeping up with a great deal of others.

Fans see our players and think we should be turning many over...they forget the opposition is also often  full of quality and is trying to do the same.

It's not played on paper...it's a physical, psychological, living breathing entity.

It is also worth noting that the percentage of home wins in general seems like it's in decline, at this level certainly.

hould we be an exception to  the rule? We would like to be obviously but so would everyone else!

People say our home record is terrible but it's actually 13th. Not good, not bad but bang average!

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is also worth noting that the percentage of home wins in general seems like it's in decline, at this level certainly.

hould we be an exception to  the rule? We would like to be obviously but so would everyone else!

People say our home record is terrible but it's actually 13th. Not good, not bad but bang average!

Tbh...without our injuries to Afobe, Kalas and DaSilva I think we'd be definitely top 6.

I think we've done extremely well considering arguably out three best players have been out for long periods.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Tbh...without our injuries to Afobe, Kalas and DaSilva I think we'd be definitely top 6.

I think we've done extremely well considering arguably out three best players have been out for long periods.

Agreed, top 6 for sure. 

Worth remembering just how many medium to long term injuries we've had in the last 2 and a half seasons  (ie from early in 2017/18 onwards).

Archived