IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

Just now, RedLionLad said:

Most of us have moved on from making comments of that nature. It’s just not funny anymore.

I will done my cap to you and your perfect life who gets offended for the offended and keep my tongue to myself .

im just waiting to be called racist & homophobic . 
I shall keep my views to football only from now on 

12 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Why have you had to have a dig at the men’s game to make a point? 

You make a reasonable point; I'm not sure. It had been an observation that there was less 'gamesmanship' on the pitch and a significantly less combative and volatile dynamic in attendees. Of course, the pantomime of men's football is a big draw for going and watching it live. It was just nice to see a change whilst still being in the familiar environment of Ashton Gate.

I do feel that my point did not revolve around 'having a dig' but was rather more focused on the positive aspects of today; of which there were many!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

I will done my cap to you and your perfect life who gets offended for the offended and keep my tongue to myself .

You seem to have some issues with how to conduct yourself.

I’ll say no more

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You seem to have some issues with how to conduct yourself.

I’ll say no more

2 comments which you disagree with ( which is your right / choice to do so ) and I can’t conduct myself .

What ever , how the hell do you react to what goes on around at the gate on match day , swearing , abuse of the officials , people drunk , fans fighting , must be a nightmare for you 

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

AG - “Primary home” guessing some games will be elsewhere

I thinks this means the Conti Cup fixtures where they could face championship teams could be at the RHPC and maybe some FA Cup based on opposition. RHPC doesn't meet WSL criteria, so will not be used for league games.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, miser said:

I thinks this means the Conti Cup fixtures where they could face championship teams could be at the RHPC and maybe some FA Cup based on opposition. RHPC doesn't meet WSL criteria, so will not be used for league games.

…..and they couldn’t use the Mem as it’s not big enough ?

• Haha 3

• Admin

Just got home, celebrations still going on 

Great to meet the squad in the bar after the game to celebrate 

Lauren and her team can be really proud 

Obviously I don't want my picture on OTIB, but those that know me can see the pictures of the after party celebrations on my Facebook page 

One of the few I wasn't in

20230423_174141.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just got home, celebrations still going on 

Great to meet the squad in the bar after the game to celebrate 

Lauren and her team can be really proud 

Obviously I don't want my picture on OTIB, but those that know me can see the pictures of the after party celebrations on my Facebook page 

One of the few I wasn't in

20230423_174141.jpg

I wish I’d gone now. 

2 hours ago, redkev said:

You’re making yourself look stupid now

My first City Women's match yesterday - congratulations to the team.  

The experience itself was not that pleasant though - why squeeze nearly everyone into the Dolman rather than spread around the South Stand.  So many kids there it was difficult to get out at half time and queues for toilets and catering meant missing first 5 minutes  of the second half.

On 23/04/2023 at 18:23, Lanterne Rouge said:

Congratulations all round, a fine job done well. A shout out to the fans like @shahanshahantoo who have followed the team all over the country, you must all be very proud.

Where to play next season is a dilemma though. Crowds should be well up and a lot of  WSL games seem to be on TV too so the facilities for that need to be there. We don`t want to miss out on TV revenue because they aren`t.

Can AG cope with three teams using the pitch? I know it`s being relaid and I expect the technology has moved on from when it was put down first so hopefully it can.

Thank you for the shoutout!

Really sorry I haven't been on OTIB for the last few days.
Sunday was rather lively. Stayed inside the stadium for over an hour after FT to watch the presentation, chat to friends, and then try speak to some of the players in-between them celebrating signing stuff & taking photos with the younger fans.

Myself & a few others including @phantom went for some drinks in the Sports Bar at about 6pm (with a DJ playing from the supporters bar). Don't think I saw many fans; mostly players' families. Then groups of the players & staff in red Champions 23 shirts came into the bar - before the trophy finally came in! Shania Hayles had it with her & handed it to me straightaway.
The players & staff celebrated before going up stairs to the mezzanine for a private party which apparently continued on for hours...

FubzGu3WIAARqGm?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

After Pearson's match preview in the week where he said that the women would be celebrated on Saturday, I was expecting that it would have happened during half time today.
However, it was surprising & also uplifting to see them not get a guard of honour from the men's team - but also their own lap of honour too!

Did notice that Elysia Boddy was mysteriously missing...

(photos from club media)

20230429_bristolcity_v_burnley_rt1041.jp

20230429_bristolcity_v_burnley_rt1062.jp

Fu5xe9KWIAAvLOv?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fu5xgNpWcAE9djm?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fu5xiQVWIAc0LI3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fu5xhNdXgAAChOl?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1