IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

You highlight what the thread should be about then mention someone that has nothing to do with the subject. Either there's a joke in there somewhere or you're trying to prove some some sort of point that hasn't translated well. @SinéadB was just trying to reply to your original comment

Sorry, but you need to read my post again in context. If Bristol City ladies played v male Bristol City players at 19, players of that age are  in the professional development phase Mickey Bell oversees. 

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Good to see Mary Earps attending yet another awards ceremony this evening, this time vogue awards 

I can't believe this is the best preparation for Sundays game 

I was on a Man Utd fan show on Friday night giving a Bristol City perspective.

Earps was discussed, with some of United's fanbase looking like they'd rather have their new goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce start (and who has impressed for them in the Conti Cup). Also not happy that Earps hasn't signed a new contract with United (she's out of contract this season), and they think she'll leave in January, or in the summer

When do the teams coaches turn up before a game. 
My niece is in town and want to see the Man U team arrive, she's a big Mary Earps fan.

Kick off at 12:30, so I guess they will arrive about an hour before, anyone know the usual timing ?

Cheers inadvance

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When do the teams coaches turn up before a game. 
My niece is in town and want to see the Man U team arrive, she's a big Mary Earps fan.

Kick off at 12:30, so I guess they will arrive about an hour before, anyone know the usual timing ?

Cheers inadvance

I asked Mary. She didn’t seem to want to help.

200.gif

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Surprised Liv Clark plays again in goal, she was so weak dealing with high balls. Maybe Haaland did not impress against Spurs.

Made some great saves so far. Gradually getting into the game now, but it's almost like watching an F A Cup match between clubs in different divisions at times.

• Like 1

Set up as we are with a 5-4-1 it's definately been all about keeping United out and picking up what we can afterwards.

Agree with the above comment that the gulf in ability between the two sides has looked quite big at times.

We've grown in to the game and looked a lot more comfortable on the ball in the last ten minutes but the scoreline is mostly due to a couple of great saves.

Two things that are frustrating to see are the lack of width from the two wide midfielders, particularly Threstrup down the left who has missed several opportunities to stretch the United defence. Secondly, the quality of pass has not been great, we seem to give the ball away far to often with a rushed pass or a wild long ball to no where.

Edited by Midlands Robin

15 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Basically said that the “group” won’t invest in the women’s team, not going to make any progress in the WSL without major backing. 
     Almost looks like he’s related to JL :laugh:

No reason Bristol couldn't support a successful women's team, and I'm sure there would have been takers if SL tried selling it off in the summer.

Letting it go pot like this, and chance finishing one off the bottom is not a way to run a club.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

No reason Bristol couldn't support a successful women's team, and I'm sure there would have been takers if SL tried selling it off in the summer.

Letting it go pot like this, and chance finishing one off the bottom is not a way to run a club.

Almost every other team in the Super League are affiliated to a Premier League club (Leicester City might as well be). That means they can use the TV money to supplement the Women's team. We don't have that luxury, and presumably would only be able to afford to compete by siphoning off money from the men's team. I am sure that would be a very unpopular thing to do.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Almost every other team in the Super League are affiliated to a Premier League club (Leicester City might as well be). That means they can use the TV money to supplement the Women's team. We don't have that luxury, and presumably would only be able to afford to compete by siphoning off money from the men's team. I am sure that would be a very unpopular thing to do.

The money needed to invest in the Women's team is peanuts compared to the Men's. With the women's game becoming more popular all the time, it would be VERY short sighted of the club not to let them strengthen the side with a couple of signings in Jan to help them stay in the WSL.

• Like 6

FT 0-2. Good battling performance from start to finish, could have folded after conceding 2 goals in 5 mins at start of second half (including really unlucky deflection for the first), but credit to them that they didn't.

100% need to strengthen in the Jan window, but with a couple of additions they could stay up this season and then build from that.

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

FT 0-2. Good battling performance from start to finish, could have folded after conceding 2 goals in 5 mins at start of second half (including really unlucky deflection for the first), but credit to them that they didn't.

100% need to strengthen in the Jan window, but with a couple of additions they could stay up this season and then build from that.

100%.

Only saw the last 15 minutes or so but did well.

Obvious difference in resources but absolutely no lack of determination or skill.

Let’s hope they can finish above another club in the mini league at the bottom.