IGNORED

Rodri has left.

New Dazzler

4 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

I mean, I’d think it was obvious why those minutes weren’t given to Semenyo. He needs to go out on loan. 10 minutes in a game that was a forgone conclusion could jeopardise his future development if it scuppers this loan, or dents his confidence even further. 

Well fair play that’s completely the opposite view to mine, but there we go.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Extremely harsh.

Afobe got injured AFTER transfer window closed - and he was the best of a bad bunch available on a Free transfer. And he was used at 4th choice striker until the transfer window opened.

The sentient point being why were we left in a position of being one notable injury away from 'shit creek..

Answers in a postcard.

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

If the squad is enough with what we have, then why is it only working 1 game in 4 or 5?

This tjough process/type of comment is exactly what I find ridiculous at the moment. It might be an inconvenient fact for those who want LJ gone but we have won 11 of our 27 league games - just over 40% add in right draws and your comment just makes you look like a reactionary idiot. Plenty of people making sensible reasoned arguments for why he should go, but so many idiotic posts like this make it easy for people to just dismiss them as the same ranting rubbish. 

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

This tjough process/type of comment is exactly what I find ridiculous at the moment. It might be an inconvenient fact for those who want LJ gone but we have won 11 of our 27 league games - just over 40% add in right draws and your comment just makes you look like a reactionary idiot. Plenty of people making sensible reasoned arguments for why he should go, but so many idiotic posts like this make it easy for people to just dismiss them as the same ranting rubbish. 

So read them and ignore me. You're losing nothing.

And that 40% (1 in 3, incidentally), is going backwards as Johnson still can't find a midfield he's happy with to stick with more than 2 games, so it matters far less if we get Nketiah, Taylor back or somehow clone Mo Salah because the expectation of the fans will still not be where it needs to be.

17 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Rodney who?
Yet another waste of money!

It expect it was peanuts and it was sensible to bring in short term cover. 

Semenyo has looked way off it when given a chance so absolutely the right thing to have another body in especially as Fammy was banned. 

On 15/01/2020 at 14:58, Major Isewater said:

He had a hand in at least one goal with his hold up play .

Had an unlucky goal disallowed for an offside by another player.

He had two overhead shots saved .

That’s just off the top of my head.

He looked neat , quick and surprisingly strong for his size.

To me he would have scored as many as Weimann or Famaral if he started as many as either of those two.

He wasn’t here long enough to get settled but all this is my opinion. I am not a professional coach . 

It's an opinion that this poster agrees with.

On 15/01/2020 at 14:58, Major Isewater said:

He had a hand in at least one goal with his hold up play .

Had an unlucky goal disallowed for an offside by another player.

He had two overhead shots saved .

That’s just off the top of my head.

He looked neat , quick and surprisingly strong for his size.

To me he would have scored as many as Weimann or Famaral if he started as many as either of those two.

He wasn’t here long enough to get settled but all this is my opinion. I am not a professional coach . 

⬇️

11 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It's an opinion that this poster agrees with.

And this one too.

8 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

That looks like it was taken in a secondary school 5aside hall up near horfield ... he looks well confused the poor lad... ‘me no English’ another one to add to the LJ hall of ‘Why Bother’ 

I find this quite funny the post is right about the first half of it but the post falls away in the second half(it could try harder) but for the why bother managers have a real small window to get players in the recruitment team may panic and get anything in, sometimes owners don't pick up their dogs shit and we panic and buy it.

6 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I find this quite funny the post is right about the first half of it but the post falls away in the second half(it could try harder) but for the why bother managers have a real small window to get players in the recruitment team may panic and get anything in, sometimes owners don't pick up their dogs shit and we panic and buy it.

It’s not that hard, I take my dog out early and always pick up her S**T..I never pick anyone else’s dogs S**T..

10 hours ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

That looks like it was taken in a secondary school 5aside hall up near horfield ... he looks well confused the poor lad... ‘me no English’ another one to add to the LJ hall of ‘Why Bother’ 

I seriously don't understand the criticism of us signing Rodrí. We needed urgent cover upfront and the market for out of contract strikers isn't exactly huge. We signed him on a short-term contract which in the grand scheme of things cost us pennies. He's now signed for another team, so I really can't see a loser here.

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I seriously don't understand the criticism of us signing Rodrí. We needed urgent cover upfront and the market for out of contract strikers isn't exactly huge. We signed him on a short-term contract which in the grand scheme of things cost us pennies. He's now signed for another team, so I really can't see a loser here.

Best of a bad bunch, available on a free. After Afobe got injured

Made absolute sense

37 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I think the issue is that people are out of touch with reality or don’t understand the rules? They either think that we should be able to convince players to cancel their contracts at their current clubs to then be out of contract & in turn be available to join us (which isn’t possible under the rules anyway). I mean, why wouldn’t Messi want to join us when the opportunity arose?

24 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Also worth noting that there was barely a peep of criticism about it until our form dipped. Which means that people weren't actually that arsed but happy to use it as another stick to bash the club with when the opportunity arose.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

He took up minutes that would've been better given to our own players.

Archived