11 blocked

City

21% Possession

11 attempts at goal

5 on target

2 off target

4 blocked

Great defending again.

QPR, same as Reading, lots of the ball but nothing up front.

Baker a beast again.

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Jeff just made that very point.

Said we were well in touch for the autos!

Mad as it sounds but with a win next Friday night, we will be 2 points from the autos.

Leeds and West Brom both have tricky fixtures next weekend. Away to Forest and Millwall.

I’m not getting carried away or anything.

16 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Great win.

Our inability to kill off teams with a second will cost us though I reckon, not least in the GD but we cant keep defending like the Alamo at the end of every game and expect to keep winning.

Other teams can do it, why dont we? This is a trait going back years.

Come on, we only needed to score another 23 today and we would have caught Brentford.

20 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Great win.

Our inability to kill off teams with a second will cost us though I reckon, not least in the GD but we cant keep defending like the Alamo at the end of every game and expect to keep winning/

Other teams can do it, why dont we? This is a trait going back years.

Remember Wigan going up from this division? They seemed to win 1/0 every bloody game!!!

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Great result.

hopefully there’s more to us than just nicking an odd goal and desperately hanging on until the end.

that doesn’t  seem very progressive.

Our ineffectiveness on the break has annoyed me for a while. Should improve now that we have better attacking options though.

Every player is giving 100% for the team at the moment. Great battling.

5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

It's not the first thing. Have a look. 

Mate, not being funny, the amount of s**t he has given out to people that wanted to back the manager was disgusting. Plus, if he can't take this tiny bit of banter with the abuse he gives, then it's fine. 

Just friendly bants mate, doesn't mean I'm not celebrating a win, I can do both. 

Fair enough on the abuse, out of order if that’s what he’s done BUT personally I would save the banter if you want to dish some out for the posters who, yet again, are conspicuously absent today but will be on the Matchday thread the next time we go a goal down. It’s so noticeable that it’s laughable.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Remember Wigan going up from this division? They seemed to win 1/0 every bloody game!!!

There's 1-0 wins by controlling the game as a way to kill it off. Or theres scoring the second and third on the break when the opposition opens up. We do neither me thinks.

For the first time in the Championship I genuinely believe we have the ‘tools’ to achieve the ultimate. 

It’s now down to our craftsmen to deliver the product.

From the depths of despair in December, this January has frankly been a revelation.

Fair play to SL for having more faith in ‘the Strategy’ than I (and a few others). 

Archived