IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 30

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Cider_boy said:

quite right. Johnson out!

Another win to nil  and let me check,   the gas lost. Standard these days!

I know and let’s keep it that way. I like Johnson and want him to stay and I am delighted we won and sung my heart out like everyone else at the end BUT we cannot keep conceding possession for fifteen minutes and expect to keep getting clean sheets.

The result was brilliant but I want us to keep getting brilliant results and that has to involve being open about the shortcomings and looking to improve on them.

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Dear oh dear. Get a grip! 3 points

3 points is great. But we invited way too much pressure and we will get punished for that over the course of the season.

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

angry fuck my life GIF by Productions Déferlantes

Honestly not my reaction at all! It was a great result. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Defended well?

Depends how you mean. The last ditch defending was superb. But we then just immediately invited wave upon wave of attack by conceding possession. 

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

For the first time in the Championship I genuinely believe we have the ‘tools’ to achieve the ultimate. 

It’s now down to our craftsmen to deliver the product.

From the depths of despair in December, this January has frankly been a revelation.

Fair play to SL for having more faith in ‘the Strategy’ than I (and a few others). 

flipping Johnson,hes made me look stupid again. I was wanting him gone along with a few last month but how can you do that to the form manager of the last month

We've had several displays this season where we've nicked points without necessarily deserving them but today wasn't one such occasion. We set-up admirably, kept a fine shape throughout and had individuals executing their roles within a team collective. Unlike Tuesday they did so across the whole width of the park (for the first 10 minutes I thought we'd switched polarity as we played mostly down the left, untouched Tuesday,) and we graduated to knocking it nicely across and around the whole of the park. In truth we allowed QPR the bulk of possession but did so knowing we had them well marshalled and pretty much where we wanted them. Other than a few hairy moments at the death we were well in control.

The Bloke From Knowle continues to astound and was well worthy of MoM. In addition to his peach of a finish his movement and commitment throughout (this time also within the final third where so often he's found lacking) was exemplar. He worked his socks off and put in another excellent defensive shift, replete with excellent ball control. Credit to Hunt for his perfect cross that allowed TBFK to run onto it (he's the best crosser at the club and that includes the £2m Swede;) defensively found wanting but no doubting his forward commitment.

Of Hunt's defensive frailty and only slightly behind TBFK's header, Baker's back heel of the danger ball across the box once Hunt had been skint was utter quality and sent us straight from last gasp defence to all-out attack. Today he and Williams were old school brilliant. Folks fail to give them the credit they deserve because they're not spectacular, no dive-in, tub-thumping challenges, but their reading of the game, cutting out danger before it materialises, was first class. I lost count the number of times they intercepted and laid off passes without breaking stride. Top duo.

The remainder were, too, at the best part of their game and Paterson by the sheer fact he was obvious and looking for it shows a man transformed post his return. Credit to WeeLee as the set-up and organisation was well thought out, executed and he stuck with it (no changing things several times each half.) Players played in lines, held their position and worked as though their lives and careers depended upon it.

I'd appreciate it if somebody could work on Bentley's command of his box as his positioning and handling (rather lack of) scares me witless and will eventually cost us. Thankfully we saw another clean sheet through but he owes the central backs and TBFK another round of large drinks on the journey home tonight.

Top stuff City.

8 away wins in 16 is very impressive in this league. If we can find a way of playing and controlling games at home, we have as good a chance as anybody but it’s vital to capitalise on our away form with wins at home.

Fantastic turnaround and I really think having a settled team is helping. 

What a header by Diedhiou btw, unbelievable.

21 minutes ago, Kibs said:

8 away wins in 16 is very impressive in this league. If we can find a way of playing and controlling games at home, we have as good a chance as anybody but it’s vital to capitalise on our away form with wins at home.

Fantastic turnaround and I really think having a settled team is helping. 

What a header by Diedhiou btw, unbelievable.

Fammy on fire! QPR really struggled to cope with him today. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m not reading anything into it , but when you watch the goal , elliasson just runs back. He didn’t celebrate with fam at all. It stopped me in my tracks . I’d thought it had been flagged for offside.strange 

That's weird because vs Reading he made a point of celebrating his assist rather than Pato's goal. 

Nice post match interview with NW on the OS. He says it was a bit weird for him today with both sets of fans clapping him!

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Did he ? Haven’t seen that. That’s a bit strange. Always thought he was a decent lad so don’t know where that’s come from

Heart set on a move on Friday?

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Did he ? Haven’t seen that. That’s a bit strange. Always thought he was a decent lad so don’t know where that’s come from

Yeah same here. Check out the Pato goal v Reading. Nic doesn't run to Pato but instead tried to draw attention to himself. 

Archived