IGNORED

No more draws?

Dr Balls

Just looked back through our results and surprised to realise that we haven’t drawn a match since the Forest game back in November. Since then it’s been 7 wins and 6 losses, in the usual LJ streaky fashion. 
That said, I’ve probably jinxed it for tonight then....

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Would fans have been happier if we’d turned a couple of those losses into draws, but also traded a couple of the wins for draws? 
A record of W5, D4, L4 looks less streaky, but yields 2 less points! 

So it depends which games IMO.

I think the mood would be better if we could draw the Brentford and Reading games.

Not getting stuffed at home and picking up the away point leaves us 1 point worse off, but also Brentford two points worse off while no one cares about Reading having one more.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Would fans have been happier if we’d turned a couple of those losses into draws, but also traded a couple of the wins for draws? 
A record of W5, D4, L4 looks less streaky, but yields 2 less points! 

I have written many times that drawing every single match in a season, though improbable , would see a club relegated.

Evidently a draw is better than a loss but when we were on our unbeaten run we seemed to be scared of losing it and instead of taking the risks for three points , played it safe . 

In part, we were drawing matches earlier in the season because we couldn’t hold onto a lead. The Barnsley late equaliser was particularly frustrating, because you could see it coming. The defending has definitely improved over the last few games since the Brentford defeat and allowed us to eke our narrow victories.

8 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Sheffield United/Chris Wilder went/go for the win in every game and its not working out too badly for them. 

True and as a viewer I prefer teams to play for the win - you could name plenty of examples of teams who've also been successful but have been pragmatic and played for draws though.

Archived