IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Dropped off after their goal but its by no means bad I'd say, we're just not getting forwards into shooting positions. If it was still 0-0 I'd say we'd have had the better of the game but we're not level so somethings got to happen.

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Get Afobe in the middle with Wells . FFS Johnson 

Yep, thought decent Afobe and Wells playing up top, but then Johnson being Johnson decides to play Afobe out wide! Why oh why, 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Why is Wells kicking the ball away when we're losing?! We're just letting them take longer to go get it, we weren't out of shape or anything so no reason to delay their restart

Same happened earlier when we conceded a free kick COD let the ball run 20 yards away.

I understand not letting them take it quickly, but it was pretty deep in their half and he could have just stopped the ball, instead of letting the ball keep going.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

He has had the personnel for a 4-3-3 all season but waits until we have no third CM and all our centre forwards back fit (1 CF in a 4-3-3) to play it

Not such an effective 4-3-3 either IMO. O'Dowda in CM? Well has potential to he more effective than say Palmer but still not the combination I'd go for. 

Where is Nagy? Hell even Rowe could slot in as one of a 3.

13 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Just me then who doesn’t think we have been that bad then ??

Know how you feel: just me who thinks HNM is having a decent game. Won lots of free kicks, several decent passes. His biggest problem is that he's never got anyone making themselves available. That is true throughout the side, but it's always going to be most difficult for someone in his position.

It's sad that there always seems to have to be a whipping boy on here - and even more so that this season its an 18 year old playing his first season in the 5th toughest league in Europe.

It's so frustrating isn't it, we started the season on fire playing 3-5-2 get injuries. We finally have the personal back to play it again and seem to do anything but. Why?

It's not rocket science surely?

Our best goalscorers are Afobe and Wells. Palmer is surely the creative player to give them the best service. Having 3 in the middle gives us more solidity and more chance to have more of the ball too.

Why sacrifice that to have Afobe on the left wing?

Archived