IGNORED

Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Keep it tight until we concede 2 or 3, then bring on a couple of subs after 65 minutes who will make no bloody difference then begin to go forward around 85 minutes and wonder why there is insufficient time to score three goals.  You can see where this is going.

Hate to say it but this is what I see happening. Really really hope it’s not the case. 

1 minute ago, KeepUpLino said:

I totally agree mate... if it takes a 6-0 drubbing to get rid of this fool let’s have it please!

I personally hope we win, even if its a 1-0 undeserved win from an own-goal, in a game where we had 0 shots on target and 20% possession.

Regardless of whether I want LJ in or out, I always want City to win. I'm hoping by some miracle we win 6/6 even if that means LJ keeping his job.

City first and foremost, always.

Just now, ollywhyte said:

I personally hope we win, even if its a 1-0 undeserved win from an own-goal, in a game where we had 0 shots on target and 20% possession.

Regardless of whether I want LJ in or out, I always want City to win. I'm hoping by some miracle we win 6/6 even if that means LJ keeping his job.

I’m sorry but you’re in dream land!! This has gone on for long enough!!   

4 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Used to feel the same as you, but sooooooo depressed by LJ being in charge I'd welcome a 6-0 defeat today if it meant LJ goes.

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Keep it tight until we concede 2 or 3, then bring on a couple of subs after 65 minutes who will make no bloody difference then begin to go forward around 85 minutes and wonder why there is insufficient time to score three goals.  You can see where this is going.

Double sub just after the 2nd goal goes in.............you know it

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hinds on the bench!? WTF! ?

He has to come in ahead of the returning loanees by virtue of having played in the EFL (8 mins v Brentford in 17/18).  If we get another injury, then Walsh or Morrell could come in.  I don’t think there are any other u23 players who have appeared in the EFL for us.

Lets be fair the chances of us winning today are well... small.... but that tombola may roll for us one day and if there ever was a team to beat its them Taffs.

I feel our lack of a strong midfield will cost us again and LJ could well cite changes "forced up on us" that cost us the points.......will see soon enough.

BCFC 1-3 ccfc (Tomlin to score for sure)

4 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Lets be fair the chances of us winning today are well... small.... but that tombola may roll for us one day and if there ever was a team to beat its them Taffs.

I feel our lack of a strong midfield will cost us again and LJ could well cite changes "forced up on us" that cost us the points.......will see soon enough.

BCFC 1-3 ccfc (Tomlin to score for sure)

If Smith and Nagy do what they do on Wednesday then our midfield will be solid enough. But there's zero creativity in that team. I can see us having a decent share of the ball but Diedhiou and Wells will be feeding off scraps.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

If Smith and Nagy do what they do on Wednesday then our midfield will be solid enough. But there's zero creativity in that team. I can see us having a decent share of the ball but Diedhiou and Wells will be feeding off scraps.

The problem is will they be able to do that against a side that will be unlikely to sit off us like Forest were willing to? We have all seen how quickly our midfield goes completely to pieces in a 2 as soon as the opposition stifle the space and close down without that 3rd to alway be available to beat the press. 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I doubt that any club wants to tie itself down to any new long-term contracts in the current environment unless they really have to.

Yep ..........much better to have clubs come in and sign our best young players?  Sorry , but despite the ongoing environment, we are in a much better position financially than many other clubs, and it is important we give our young talent some security, and show them that we want them to stay.

5 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

The problem is will they be able to do that against a side that will be unlikely to sit off us like Forest were willing to? We have all seen how quickly our midfield goes completely to pieces in a 2 as soon as the opposition stifle the space and close down without that 3rd to alway be available to beat the press. 

Yep, Ralls in for Tomlin suggest a bit more industry in their central 3.

31 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think it’s wise to have more of a physical presence against Cardiff, and Diedhiou does put it about a bit more than Afobe.

I don’t want to labour the point, but can we confirm before the match starts that this looks like a reasonable starting line-up and therefore will not result in LJ being blamed for picking the ‘wrong team’ if it doesn’t turn out well?  Given the midweek performance, suspensions and injuries I can’t see there were that many options.  Benkovic instead of Kalas?  Afobe instead of Diedhiou?  For me, however the match turns out, initial selection is not a problem.

You’re right but plenty are simply not listening.

If you look at the bench (so what else we have available) very few on here like Watkins, so playing Afobe for the 3rd time in 6 days or leaving out our record signing are really the only 2 debatable selections.

If we did win quite a few will be gutted.

Freddy Hinds has only scored 5 goals in his entire career. City must have 1 club developed player in the squad, but that’s Wallacott, so why Hinds? None of the other players will recognise him. 

PS - this means he will come on as sub and score the winning goal 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

V Derby (h), Wells partnered Diedhiou and that was his best game in a City shirt imho.

Plus Afobe is still finding his way back.

Exactly. Plus Palmer is injured, yet Lee is criticised for dropping him.  My comment was aimed at the poster not Lee's selection choice. 

Good decision by Lee today.

50 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hinds on the bench!? WTF! ?

The Tombola must not be denied!!  If it spits out your name..........you WILL be in the squad.  Lucky that Tinnion and Murray were not in the barrel.........though on second thoughts?

Archived