IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well done Johnny boy. 
You’re on the money. 
My eyes last night were to confirm that Hughton ‘has had’ talks. 
Far as I know, he’s now waiting for our response. 
Which is what leads me down the ‘we’re still after Gerrard’ route. 

If that’s the case SG or his agent must be giving us some sort of sign to say he’s interested. I find it hard to believe we’ve been chasing him all this time if he’s given us nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s a little bit like being asked out by the best looking girl in school.  But you want to wait until you’ve heard back off the considerably less fit girl, because your mates would think you’re cooler if you go out with her. 

Madness. 

DNHOTY ??

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

If that’s the case SG or his agent must be giving us some sort of sign to say he’s interested. I find it hard to believe we’ve been chasing him all this time if he’s given us nothing. 

As I posted earlier today Lew, Gerrard shares an agency with LJ so MA will have a relationship with Gerrard's "people". 

I posted over a week ago now that Gerrard would consider a move south, and specifically, could potentially be interested in joining City. 

Gerrard is our no.1 target (I believe) based on this....

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As I posted earlier today Lew, Gerrard shares an agency with LJ so MA will have a relationship with Gerrard's "people". 

I posted over a week ago now that Gerrard would consider a move south, and specifically, could potentially be interested in joining City. 

I can't fathom the logic behind paying for Gerrard when Hughton is without a club.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I can't see us waiting long enough for him to finish Rangers Europa League campaign though even if it is one more game, unless Gerrard was allowed to sign an agreement to join in advance. That way he could turn some attention to us and evaluating our squad in his down time while prepping for their game.

Just now, Lrrr said:

I can't see us waiting long enough for him to finish Rangers Europa League campaign though even if it is one more game, unless Gerrard was allowed to sign an agreement to join in advance. That way he could turn some attention to us and evaluating our squad in his down time while prepping for their game.

When is there last Europa game?

1 minute ago, sinenomine said:

I can't fathom the logic behind paying for Gerrard when Hughton is without a club.

We don't know how much Hughton has asked for transfer fund wise, his declaration of interest and saying we could be promotion candidates was accompanied by the line 'with the right backing' he could be asking for £10m (random number) net spend this summer etc where we could be cautious of wanting to spend this summer.

Just now, Street red said:

When is there last Europa game?

6th August, which is why I don't see us waiting that long but the championship play off final isn't until August 4th so wouldn't miss much (if any) of proper pre-season

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

6th August, which is why I don't see us waiting that long but the championship play off final isn't until August 4th so wouldn't miss much (if any) of proper pre-season

Nearly another 3 weeks away does seem along wait, I would say a pretty important 3 weeks to lose.

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Must be the money!"

31 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I've been convinced that the club have Gerrard as their number one target but I've also said that if anybody needs convincing to come here, then its the wrong appointment.

Hughton seems keen and he ticks a lot of boxes, muck him about and they'll lose him.

Then we'll have Cowley and "always our number one target" bollocks.

If Hughton is keen and Gerrard isn't - its a no brainer, get Hughton on board before he moves on.

100% this. If they **** Hughton about he’ll bin it off and then we risk getting neither. Add in the increased competition we’re seeing now that more managers are being axed, time really is of the essence.

We saw Gerrard arse about with Chelsea for a full summer all those years ago. Give Gerrard a deadline and move on quickly thereafter. We don’t need another Eddie necktie situation. 

6 minutes ago, Street red said:

Nearly another 3 weeks away does seem along wait, I would say a pretty important 3 weeks to lose.

They're on their way back from France so who could come down for talks sooner but I just get the feeling he wants to keep going with their Europa League run

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ah must have missed that! That’s interesting mate.

I had the feeling that Gerrard was waiting for a bigger move than ourselves. That’s fine, but I’d much rather we moved on.

After @Harry‘s post though and what I can gather from that, we could be in with a shout still. Especially with SG sharing the same agency as LJ!

Could be exciting times.

2 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

100% this. If they **** Hughton about he’ll bin it off and then we risk getting neither. Add in the increased competition we’re seeing now that more managers are being axed, time really is of the essence.

We saw Gerrard arse about with Chelsea for a full summer all those years ago. Give Gerrard a deadline and move on quickly thereafter. We don’t need another Eddie necktie situation. 

100% this. If they fk Hughton about he’ll bin it off and then we risk getting neither. Add in the increased competition we’re seeing now that more managers are being axed, time really is of the essence.

100% this. If they fk Hughton about he’ll bin it off and then we risk getting neither. Add in the increased competition we’re seeing now that more managers are being axed, time really is of the essence.

Anyone else getting a feeling off deja vu reading Barry's reply? ;)

Sorry Baz, someone had to. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Style of football, Gerrard likes attacking football built from the back, hughton likes a solid back four and midfield taking a more direct approach  at times

12 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Think I'd rather hear nothing then get a ?

Just annoying. Might be just me though. 

Not just you Badger - posting ‘eyes’ and nothing else adds nothing to any debate - it is simply giving the illusion that someone knows something that the rest of us don’t - and as you said on another post, it is pure attention seeking ... if you can’t post full info to ‘protect a source’ then don’t post anything - it ain’t difficult to avoid annoying people ... but the whole “I know something you don’t but I can’t tell you” thing is just pathetic ... just like the others on here who post stuff like “news incoming today or tomorrow” then when it doesn’t happen they run and hide and ignore all questions about their obviously incorrect ‘ITK’ post ...

He is my absolutely top choice.  Think how he goes about his business and his pedigree is exactly what we need right now with our current squad.  I for one have no issue if takes a few more days or even a week or more if that is what it takes to land him.

Archived