IGNORED

Paul Cook linked

Lez

His voice sounds like a cross between Sean Dyche, Johnny Vegas and someone gargling with gravel, there’s an hilarious interview with him on one of the Talksport ‘Clips of the Week’ montages where his voice was long gone! He must shout a lot during matches and training ... however, he has more achievements on his CV than our previous ‘Head Coach’ ... and here’s an interesting fact - both Cook and Cotts have managed Sligo Rovers ... I’ll take any omens!

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s won 3 league titles and working miracles at wigan 

Yep. Football not bad either, at times!

Their 8th goal vs Hull, passage of play is definitely worth a look- he and Wigan seem to still be going on despite the admin thing.

Away record was a big Achilles heel but 5 wins and I think 17 pts away from home from the start of 2020? We could do a lot worse- he lost his best player too in the summer, Powell- and some decent squad players.

How does paying a fair old wedge of compensation to Wigan for Cook, given that they will probably in the Championship next season, make economic sense; same with Coventry & Robins ? Just takes money out of our pot when there are candidates where no comp would be payable.  Also it’s not really raising the profile of the club.

Next season selling tickets, shirts, sponsorship and keeping Dunder along with certain others happy, are going to be critical, just cannot see this type of appointment doing that.

Someone mentioned Moyes earlier, I’ve always had a thought that he might be in the mix and it wouldn’t surprise me if we waited to see what happens at WH.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Their 8th goal vs Hull, passage of play is definitely worth a look- he and Wigan seem to still be going on despite the admin thing.

Away record was a big Achilles heel but 5 wins and I think 17 pts away from home from the start of 2020? We could do a lot worse- he lost his best player too in the summer, Powell- and some decent squad players.

Remember his chesterfield side played some nice football . Any idea what his preferred systems are ? 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Remember his chesterfield side played some nice football . Any idea what his preferred systems are ? 

I think he likes a hybrid of 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3. Though different systems, if you have the right man in that central 3, then it can easily switch in-game to 4-3-3.

With us, I think Brownhill could've done that! Palmer- nope. Paterson, maybe...maybe could play the Dowell role in that sense but ideal was Johansen at Fulham two seasons ago, able to transition between the two with some comfort.

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

His voice sounds like a cross between Sean Dyche, Johnny Vegas and someone gargling with gravel, there’s an hilarious interview with him on one of the Talksport ‘Clips of the Week’ montages where his voice was long gone! He must shout a lot during matches and training ... however, he has more achievements on his CV than our previous ‘Head Coach’ ... and here’s an interesting fact - both Cook and Cotts have managed Sligo Rovers ... I’ll take any omens!

Something I’ve mentioned more than once when talking about Cook.

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The first half hour at their place we hardly had the ball.  Naismith their LW playing LCB was bringing it into midfield, Robinson high up the pitch, but we held out.  We finished strongly with Diedhiou and Paterson scoring.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think he likes a hybrid of 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3. Though different systems, if you have the right man in that central 3, then it can easily switch in-game to 4-3-3.

With us, I think Brownhill could've done that! Palmer- nope. Paterson, maybe...maybe could play the Dowell role in that sense but ideal was Johansen at Fulham two seasons ago, able to transition between the two with some comfort.

Morrell ? 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good shout- was also thinking Walsh maybe as he I think likes a tackle but can break the lines with his passing? Seems quite creative but with a defensive side to his game too- in the right system I hasten to add.

Would be interesting to see Morrell and Walsh in a 3 next season . Might need a new addition in there as well. Would be surprised if korey’s here next season . Nagy has a great deal to improve on and so does Massengo , although he’s got time to develop . 

48 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Would be interesting to see Morrell and Walsh in a 3 next season . Might need a new addition in there as well. Would be surprised if korey’s here next season . Nagy has a great deal to improve on and so does Massengo , although he’s got time to develop . 

I think 3 would get more out of Nagy- Massengo 19 now isn't he, time well and truly on his side (Massengo would also suit a 3 IMO).

I want to see Morrell and Walsh get a proper go though in CM. Smith I don't know...with the number of midfield injuries we've got in recent times, and his experience feel he'd be useful to keep around.

Archived