IGNORED

Paul Cook linked

Lez

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, it’s really all to play for.

4FA9186B-11AF-4D1D-A0A9-AEDB1A20164F.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday might have points deduction too!!

4 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I think you forget that IF they get the points deduction they move one place above relation on goal difference. But there are still two games to play!

Apologies both, some really dodgy maths on my part.

5 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I think you forget that IF they get the points deduction they move one place above relation on goal difference. But there are still two games to play!

But Hull play at home to Luton on Saturday so if Wigan don't win at Charlton then it is likely one of them will climb above them, all I was really getting at was that the poster who stated they are practically mathematically safe is way off the mark

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think it could be that I’ve seen more of Coventry than I have Wigan. They’re football was exactly what we’d love to watch. I know it’s a lower level, but with our quality of players, I’d be well happy. 

We have been there with LJ. Def no to Robins.

29 minutes ago, Super said:

Really? I would say he is the uninspiring choice out of the 3.

My feeling is he's the wildcard. With Hughton, we know he's a good manager who will bring in organisation and structure. He will hopefully make us solid, get us playing well and could potentially mount a promotion challenge.

With Cook, he's done a consistent good job at under-resourced clubs and got the most out of players but has never had the tools or a position where it is clear how far he could go. He could be okay or he could be much better than that. Cook is more of a risk but there is an outside chance, given the resources, he could do the job for us that Dyche has done for Burnley or Wilder for Sheffield United. Hughton is the choice if we want someone who we know is likely to be good but Cook is a gamble where he could turn out to be outstanding. 

He's done an absolutely fantastic job at Wigan all things considered. Something like 10 clean sheets in last 11 games, beating west brom away and millwall and obviously the 8-0 win in the last game when the pressure was on.

I think he would be a great appointment.

45 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Did he sit on a razor blade...?

Superb :clapping:

As for Cook, I didn't fancy him at the start, but I'm starting to warm to the idea

I'd still prefer Hughton, and I can see the attraction of Gerrard - but Cook wouldn't be a bad 3rd option

Still expecting a young Dutch, Belgian, German fella we've never heard of though

1 minute ago, tin said:

I'd take Cook over Gerrard, but I doubt Cook will want to come this far south and have no control over transfers. 

That’s a good point, he left a big club in Pompey to go back up to the North West to a much smaller club, still haven't stopped me putting my tenner on him though 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Lez said:

On Twitter saying we are keen to talk to him. 

A verified Twitter account also linking him with Birmingham. 

The key to add is a reporter has written this with no confirmed facts etc

Just another in the long line of click bait reports

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

The key to add is a reporter has written this with no confirmed facts etc

Just another in the long line of click bait reports

Not true because this guy is a verified reporter not a website run by a 5 year old.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Lez said:

Not true because this guy is a verified reporter not a website run by a 5 year old.

You really aren't that naive surely?

Are you telling me that every reporter that has posted a story on LJs replacement did so in the knowledge there was actually something in it?

That is how they work, they spin stories and people share and like and generate hits on their sites.

It's amusing to see how many names have been mentioned on OTIB and the sudden influx of people replying as if it is fact and then saying "he was my choice too"

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Reckon there could well be something in this.

Wigan are basically mathematically safe now, even if they do get a 12 point deduction.

Cook knows they are a mess & his brilliant work this season will be impossible to replicate.

Could still be Hughton but there is no obvious reason for a delay as he is out of work.

If Wigan get deducted 12 points they will be on 45 points the same number as Luton & Hull with two games to go. Bottom club Barnsley are on 43 points but have three games left to play 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are you telling me that every reporter that has posted a story on LJs replacement did so in the knowledge there was actually something in it?

That is how they work, they spin stories and people share and like and generate hits on their sites.

It's amusing to see how many names have been mentioned on OTIB and the sudden influx of people replying as if it is fact and then saying "he was my choice too"

I've come across some thick people in my time but this is right up there.

You clearly dont understand what the term "link" means. Whether you like it or not and whether you believe it or not the journo highlighted has LINKED PC to BCFC.....I thought this was basic stuff but for you clearly not.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Some huge fixtures aren’t there.

Even if they go down, Barnsley could have a massive impact on the promotion race. All three of their games are crucial at both ends of the table.

Luton are the big unknown for me. Could see them getting six points or two thrashing - even against Hull -  depending on their form.

Think in theory there would need to be a 25 goal change over their last 2 games for them still to be relegated if they are docked 12 points & lost them both.

They aren’t totally safe, but aren’t going to lose by those sort of margins, are they

56 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

But Hull play at home to Luton on Saturday so if Wigan don't win at Charlton then it is likely one of them will climb above them, all I was really getting at was that the poster who stated they are practically mathematically safe is way off the mark

Yes I agreed with you!

Reckon there could well be something in this.

Wigan are basically mathematically safe now, even if they do get a 12 point deduction.

Cook knows they are a mess & his brilliant work this season will be impossible to replicate.

Could still be Hughton but there is no obvious reason for a delay as he is out of work.

The delay will be the recruitment process we are carrying out. Not whether the prospective manager is available or not.

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think you make a fair point but if City were to compile a short list with a view to say 5 candidates then Paul Cook could be on that list. 

30 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

If Wigan get deducted 12 points they will be on 45 points the same number as Luton & Hull with two games to go. Bottom club Barnsley are on 43 points but have three games left to play 

Leeds (a), Forest (h), and Brentford (a)...

Bye Barnsley :sub:

Think he would keep us in the division anywhere from 10th to 18th most seasons but not near promotion......essentially back to square 1 almost then? It was only a few months back that Wigan wanted him gone, but seems like an appointment Lansdown would make given it was a choice of him or Hughton unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Doesn't he like big physical players?

We don't have many of them and one of those may be off soon in Fam.

It's so important we get the right man that's fits in with the players we have.

Of course we will have to sell or loan out some and bring in some new ones. But I'm worried some of the suggestions really won't want some of the type of players we have.

Mark Robins though to me seems the right man to play the football I want to see, give youth a go and even the formation he plays suits many of our players which is wing backs.

He's the man for me.

Think your going to be disappointed 

Archived