IGNORED

Mark Robins odds 20/1

Redstart

Having looked down the list of managerial candidates I would say Robins does look a value bet at current odds.

The odds tend to go with who we bet on and I think generally most people bet with heart rather than head and go for who they want us to sign rather than who is likely to sign.

Robins seems to have a lot of characteristics of a SL type younger Manager and it wouldn't surprise me  at all if we did end up getting him. Worth a small punt maybe?

Just now, warbie_118 said:

No improvement on LJ. What’s the point?

Course he is. He’s won something. And won it with jack shit money. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He's 20/1 for a reason,

He won't be leaving Coventry not until after their first season back in the championship

You say that, if SL wanted him, he’d come. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Course he is. He’s won something. And won it with jack shit money. 

You say that, if SL wanted him, he’d come. 

not unless he made him a offer he couldn't refuse,

Lansdown could offer him a million a week if coventry didn't give us permission to talk to him or robins had no interest in managing g us he wouldn't come

Just now, Monkeh said:

not unless he made him a offer he couldn't refuse,

Lansdown could offer him a million a week if coventry didn't give us permission to talk to him or robins had no interest in managing g us he wouldn't come

That's all a bit silly though Monkeh, I think it's a reasonable assumption that Robins would be interested in coming here and I think we could find a financial understanding with Coventry pretty easily.

1 hour ago, warbie_118 said:

Yeah in league one. Cotts won something in league one but wouldn’t want him anywhere near the job anymore. 

I think that’s one more trophy than Johnson has ever won as a manager, so he is an improvement.

But let’s face it, anyone would be an improvement on what we’ve had to endure recently. 

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think that’s one more trophy than Johnson has ever won as a manager, so he is an improvement.

But let’s face it, anyone would be an improvement on what we’ve had to endure recently. 

If I managed to pull a stunner in town on a saturday night two years ago, I wouldn't get away with telling my mates I recently did it.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

If I managed to pull a stunner in town on a saturday night two years ago, I wouldn't get away with telling my mates I recently did it.

Yeh, but if you’d pulled her every night for the last three years you could!

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He is my realistic choice for sure.

Realistic from both a financial point of view and could see him bringing the younger fringe players through into first team contention too. Walsh may yet turn out to be the quality player we hope he is and Robins has certainly had him playing well at his loan spell with Coventry.

Again I still feel he may be SL's type for the job - I'd like Jankovic myself but wouldn't be at all surprised if it is Robins.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm just like you. I want Jokanovic. But realistic option Robins.

Love the way he had Coventry playing and that kind of system might work with what we have.

If new manager is to he Robins will be announced end of this week 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Why is that?

Because I think if the club have targeted Robins I believe they will want him or any manager to have the opportunity to review the squad before the season ends. This is why I don’t believe Hughton is a realistic option from the club - we sacked Lee two weeks ago if we have a serious option on the cards we would have agreed wages , budget etc. I think we have eyes on Gerrard / cook where seasons are still ongoing or about to start

Please god no - hugely underwhelming.

As many others have said we are a different proposition than when LJ came in.

SL stated he wants PL ASAP - let’s appoint someone who can do that next season, not someone else learning on the job.

As many others have stated this appointment will show the true ambition of the owner.

I believe he really wants it as an owner and am confident he will select a top name.

Anything else would be more than troubling.

4 hours ago, Redstart said:

Having looked down the list of managerial candidates I would say Robins does look a value bet at current odds.

The odds tend to go with who we bet on and I think generally most people bet with heart rather than head and go for who they want us to sign rather than who is likely to sign.

Robins seems to have a lot of characteristics of a SL type younger Manager and it wouldn't surprise me  at all if we did end up getting him. Worth a small punt maybe?

You say “younger manager”, Robins is 51 this year, personally that’s fine by me, but others are calling Mick McCarthy ancient at 61, which again I’ve no problem with. 

But it just goes to show people’s different perceptions of age!  

9 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

You say “younger manager”, Robins is 51 this year, personally that’s fine by me, but others are calling Mick McCarthy ancient at 61, which again I’ve no problem with. 

But it just goes to show people’s different perceptions of age!  

The older I get the more I realise that young is in the head ( and the knees ) 

10 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Please god no - hugely underwhelming.

As many others have said we are a different proposition than when LJ came in.

SL stated he wants PL ASAP - let’s appoint someone who can do that next season, not someone else learning on the job.

As many others have stated this appointment will show the true ambition of the owner.

I believe he really wants it as an owner and am confident he will select a top name.

Anything else would be more than troubling.

Have to agree. Would be a desperate appointment.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Have to agree. Would be a desperate appointment.

Wouldn’t really surprise me if this happens, as he could be viewed as a more experienced and successful LJ type figure, so fitting the ‘project’.

With Chris Hughton leading the betting right through, you’d assume he’s our main choice. The fact nothing has happened yet could indicate we can’t come to an agreement with him and we’re now working our way down the list.

Would be massively disappointing, but at least it wouldn’t be Appleton.

2 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Wouldn’t really surprise me if this happens, as he could be viewed as a more experienced and successful LJ type figure, so fitting the ‘project’.

With Chris Hughton leading the betting right through, you’d assume he’s our main choice. The fact nothing has happened yet could indicate we can’t come to an agreement with him and we’re now working our way down the list.

Would be massively disappointing, but at least it wouldn’t be Appleton.

With Ashton in the mix I wouldn't rule out Appleton.

Club needs to get it right this time I feel. If that takes a little time so be it, but please no more cheap options which prove to be a false economy.

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

With Ashton in the mix I wouldn't rule out Appleton.

Club needs to get it right this time I feel. If that takes a little time so be it, but please no more cheap options which prove to be a false economy.

It's not going to be Appleton. 

It wasn't Appleton the last time around, and he's done even less in the time that has passed since the last round of speculation.

We're either looking at someone in a job, waiting for a relegation sacking, or are in advanced negotiations with a free agent.

If Appleton is even in the running, I will give you the keys to my house.

Archived