IGNORED

Domenec Torrent

Lez

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

A twitter search, with lots of translation, seems to suggests that Torrent will be the new manager of Flamengo after Jorge Jesus returned to Benfica.

So Lez is right, they never specified which club he had been interviewed by

Roll Safe | Know Your Meme

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

So Lez is right, they never specified which club he had been interviewed by

Are we referring to Lez as ‘they’ now. 
Is this one of those gender identity things, or because he is actually two persons - Lez and Londoner? 

Just now, Harry said:

Is this one of those gender identity things, or because he is actually two persons - Lez and Londoner? 

To phrase an academic 'I couldn't be arsed to correct myself' after seeing I had typed it

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The MLS?

Selective information to push your point....but should also really mention that he was assistant manager at Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man City.

Not sure he's the answer but a decent CV with quality contacts.

7 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

There's no guarantee that a former assistant to a top class manager will be a top class manager, Paul Clement for example. 

The MLS is a completely different competition compared to the championship, I imagine the sag's would give most MLS teams a run for their money and they aren't even good! 

No guarantee, but always deserving of an opportunity. 

35 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Selective information to push your point....but should also really mention that he was assistant manager at Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man City.

Not making any point TR. l’m simply playing devils advocate.

32 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Fair enough. 
I was told the earth is flat and the moon landings didn’t happen.

case rested.

When the  Saturn 5 rocket reached the edge of the flat earth it would have tipped over into the void, so they could never have reached the moon, let alone land on it..

Q.E.D.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not making any point TR. l’m simply playing devils advocate.

..............is that on the  X box or playstation?

23 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Coaching Voice article on this gent

Coaching Voice

Thanks for this. Very long article and haven’t read it in its entirety, but interesting stuff. This guy has a lot of valuable experience. Whether it would make him well prepared for the Championship I don’t know. It would be a left field and arguably risky appointment, but intriguing - if there is any truth in it.

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

This guy has a lot of valuable experience. Whether it would make him well prepared for the Championship I don’t know. It would be a left field and arguably risky appointment, but intriguing - if there is any truth in it.

Any managerial appointment is risky business which is why many of think that in order to minimise said risk that the chosen manager should have a proven record of promotion from the Championship and Hughton is one that fits that criteria.

A left field appointment is not the way forward imo.

57 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

No CV of note at manager level. Being assistant just isn’t the same. For some it translates for others it doesn’t. He’d have to blow the panel away to be appointed surely. 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Are we assuming that Lez is a fella?  Could be Leslie (f), a lesbian....I'm not actually sure.....are you? ?

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Well at one point a couple of days they corrected someone who referred to them as “he” and then a few hours later, did  the reverse, this suggests some gender fluidity. 
Although in these circumstances people are encouraged to choose their own pronouns, until we receive some notification of that from Lez, the safe options are, “they”  although there are the newly created options of “zhe” or “zhey”.

I hope that helps? :)

5 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

No CV of note at manager level. Being assistant just isn’t the same. For some it translates for others it doesn’t. He’d have to blow the panel away to be appointed surely. 

Don’t disagree at all and I’m not advocating it, but he has held very senior coaching positions over a long period, at some of Europe’s top clubs (including experience in English football, of course), and under one of the world’s best managers. I would have an open mind about it.

29 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Thanks for this. Very long article and haven’t read it in its entirety, but interesting stuff. This guy has a lot of valuable experience. Whether it would make him well prepared for the Championship I don’t know. It would be a left field and arguably risky appointment, but intriguing - if there is any truth in it.

I've read the Coaches Voice article and it's very informative.

He is credible and certainly would have been worth an interview.

Like with any candidate,  once you have decided maybe you question that decision.

In this guy's case I would say he is a late developer. The article says that for a lot of his time with Pep he was an Analyst, perhaps more than that at Bayern, then at Man City working as one of 3 direct reports into Pep.

Is he to Pep what McClaren was to Ferguson, or what Taylor was to Clough? That is the question alongside what was it at New York that it seems he didn't like?

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well at one point a couple of days they corrected someone who referred to them as “he” and then a few hours later, did  the reverse, this suggests some gender fluidity. 
Although in these circumstances people are encouraged to choose their own pronouns, until we receive some notification of that from Lez, the safe options are, “they”  although there are the newly created options of “zhe” or “zhey”.

I hope that helps? :)

Indeed; I referred to Lez as “he” and Lez corrected it to “She”. Them someone else used “her” and Lez responded with “him”.  So, either confused, or struggling to remember which fib was used last!

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Indeed; I referred to Lez as “he” and Lez corrected it to “She”. Them someone else used “her” and Lez responded with “him”.  So, either confused, or struggling to remember which fib was used last!

Signs of a bad lier is a poor memory,

And a split personality 

2 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Searched the CV website for Dean Saunders

......nothing!

2 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Don’t disagree at all and I’m not advocating it, but he has held very senior coaching positions over a long period, at some of Europe’s top clubs (including experience in English football, of course), and under one of the world’s best managers. I would have an open mind about it.

I could be quite excited by his appointment!

3 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

There's no guarantee that a former assistant to a top class manager will be a top class manager, Paul Clement for example. 

The MLS is a completely different competition compared to the championship, I imagine the sag's would give most MLS teams a run for their money and they aren't even good! 

Alan Dicks??

13 hours ago, Cardy said:

This is a clever avenue from Ashton in terms of being seen not to appoint a ‘Yes‘ man.
He’s going to go out & get a ‘Si’ man instead. 

He is Catalan so its a Sí , maybe from me.

13 hours ago, headhunter said:

Seems to have been at Pep's side for many years.

Seems to have done an OK job in MLS as a No.1

Found this on the Man City forum:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/domenec-torrent-interview.335528/

Said on FBC podcast tonight that if we go foreign it gives Steve "do the right thing" Lansdown" the opportunity to retain the services of Dean "fine job" Holden and Jamie "the restauranter" McAllister as they know the playing staff.

You actually mean Jamie "sack your chef 'cos of covid 19' and then re-advertise for a new one" MacAllister ? 

3 hours ago, Hare Island said:

As long as he speaks fluent English, or near as damn, and has the personality and authority, which are pre-requisites, then no reason he should not be considered with his background. An Interview and references will hopefully bear that out, or not, as the case may be.

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

I've read the Coaches Voice article and it's very informative.

He is credible and certainly would have been worth an interview.

Like with any candidate,  once you have decided maybe you question that decision.

In this guy's case I would say he is a late developer. The article says that for a lot of his time with Pep he was an Analyst, perhaps more than that at Bayern, then at Man City working as one of 3 direct reports into Pep.

Is he to Pep what McClaren was to Ferguson, or what Taylor was to Clough? That is the question alongside what was it at New York that it seems he didn't like?

It gets cold in the nether regions during the 'fall and winter' like nobody's business.

Archived