IGNORED

Domenec Torrent

Lez

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

When the  Saturn 5 rocket reached the edge of the flat earth it would have tipped over into the void, so they could never have reached the moon, let alone land on it..

You haven’t fallen for that old hoax that the Americans landed on the moon have you? 

21 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You haven’t fallen for that old hoax that the Americans landed on the moon have you? 

Yeah it's nearly as bad as that hoax that Swindon Town have been in the Premier League - fake news!

50 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Good shout SK. AD didn’t do too badly, did he?

Bristol City FC are prepared to wait for another Alan Dicks to turn up my magic (in 50 odd years?), what's the rush?? Why pay fancy money for Hughton when we can get the bloke from Newport County for two bob a week. 

How are you doing mate? If I got it right you are living in France?? Best place. Away from Fatboy Johnson (Lansdown is surely looking for parallel nepotistic continuity by working on a way to get him to be our next manager) Brexit and Ashton Gate. Strewth. Glue, glue and more glue. Gaw, slow it down City, theese is makin' my 'ead 'urt.

Makes I proper wee. Thinkin' about a strawl up to Windmill 'ill

55 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Bristol City FC are prepared to wait for another Alan Dicks to turn up my magic (in 50 odd years?), what's the rush?? Why pay fancy money for Hughton when we can get the bloke from Newport County for two bob a week. 

How are you doing mate? If I got it right you are living in France?? Best place. Away from Fatboy Johnson (Lansdown is surely looking for parallel nepotistic continuity by working on a way to get him to be our next manager) Brexit and Ashton Gate. Strewth. Glue, glue and more glue. Gaw, slow it down City, theese is makin' my 'ead 'urt.

Makes I proper wee. Thinkin' about a strawl up to Windmill 'ill

You've maybe got the wrong bloke, SK. I think you and I established a few years back that we both grew up in south Bristol, but I don't live, and have never lived, in France - though just at the moment, the idea is rather appealing - so, I think you are perhaps confusing me with another OTIB member. (And since you mention it, I actually grew up on Windmill Hill and attended a youth club on Stackpool Road in my teens, so some shared history there.)

57 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

You've maybe got the wrong bloke, SK. I think you and I established a few years back that we both grew up in south Bristol, but I don't live, and have never lived, in France - though just at the moment, the idea is rather appealing - so, I think you are perhaps confusing me with another OTIB member. (And since you mention it, I actually grew up on Windmill Hill and attended a youth club on Stackpool Road in my teens, so some shared history there.)

I do remember those conversations about Southville Primary etc.. The youth club you mention was in a Church Hall opposite Southville Primary I believe? Got muddled over the France bit.

Whilst this remains another rumour topic I'll pick up on the comment that someone wrote that Torrent was up for the job with Flamengo in Brazil.

It is true they need a new coach after Jorge JESUS left a week ago but from what I can see Carlos Carvalhal is in talks along with former Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim.

Would Jardim be another overseas contender for our job? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Jardim ; bit out of our league perhaps!!!

59 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Whilst this remains another rumour topic I'll pick up on the comment that someone wrote that Torrent was up for the job with Flamengo in Brazil.

It is true they need a new coach after Jorge JESUS left a week ago but from what I can see Carlos Carvalhal is in talks along with former Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim.

Would Jardim be another overseas contender for our job? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Jardim ; bit out of our league perhaps!!!

He’s not the only one linked, but quite a few tweets like this... 

Their fans seem quite excited by the prospect. 

4F8626F3-87B3-4440-AF4C-1E27A54ACA2B.png

59 minutes ago, headhunter said:

'Slightly' out of our reach unless he said to himself I fancy a go in the second tier of English football with a team who haven't been in the top flight in decades. I'd laugh more about us approaching him than Gerrard.

If this has any truth in it at all then that will mean keeping holden and McAlister ..So the question then is why sack Johnson in the first place we might as well of kept him,For me all three should of been out the door not just the one they come as a team an failed..

Fresh start fresh ideas fresh experience.. 

12 minutes ago, Street red said:

If this has any truth in it at all then that will mean keeping holden and McAlister ..So the question then is why sack Johnson in the first place we might as well of kept him,For me all three should of been out the door not just the one they come as a team an failed..

No. This is precisely the kind of thing that the structure created is supposed to avoid, it is evolution not revolution. I don't think they will be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

14 minutes ago, Street red said:

Yea thats a great idea lets sack all the coaching staff with 5 games still to play,

Thought I'd get an NYC view on Torrent so posted this on their forum.
Seems he was well regarded.
Hi
UK based Bristol City fan here. There was a rumour on our forum yesterday that Domenec Torrent was amongst the candidates for our Head Coach role.
How. was he rated in NYC? Your fans poll suggests a mixed view.
Would be interested in your views.

It took the players about 25 games to take to his style, but once they did he had us top of the table and a threat to win the entire league. We were sad to see him resign after last season

Dome had the team playing a very attractive flowing style of soccer. I could watch the games with fans of the top teams in the world and they would appreciate our style of play and enjoy watching our games even though the players arent top of the world caliber. Dome would probably get Bristol playing like Brentford. You should hope the rumor is true.

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yea thats a great idea lets sack all the coaching staff with 5 games still to play,

Why not they've done F all for the last 3 years, Even if it was after the last game no way they should be still at the club.Dont forget they spend a lot of time with the players on the training field some times more than the head coach himself..

Someone mentioned structure any good new manager will appoint his own assistant anyway.. It's who you trust to achieve success.

21 minutes ago, Street red said:

Why not they've done F all for the last 3 years, Even if it was after the last game no way they should be still at the club.Dont forget they spend a lot of time with the players on the training field some times more than the head coach himself..

Someone mentioned structure any good new manager will appoint his own assistant anyway.. It's who you trust to achieve success.

F all for the last 3 years,

So I dreamed out cup runs our cup semi final, our transformation of a relegation fighting team to one challenging for the play offs

Of our multi million pound sales and buys

Our world class concerts

The new training ground 

I dreamed all that did I? 

2 hours ago, Renaissance Williams said:

A good substitute for Jesus? Perhaps he is what City need for promotion!

Always thought Jesus was a goalkeeper. 

Jesus Saves.....

And (insert striker of your choice) nets the rebound. 
?

Anyway, our London friend Lez will be jizzing themself silly at the thought of ‘their’ baseless rumour thread nearing page 4. 
?

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

F all for the last 3 years,

So I dreamed out cup runs our cup semi final, our transformation of a relegation fighting team to one challenging for the play offs

Of our multi million pound sales and buys

Our world class concerts

The new training ground 

I dreamed all that did I? 

Not at all but I can't see what Holden and McAllister has to do with concerts training ground multi pound sales etc. I'm on about the improvement of players the team set up the experience they give to get the best out of players.. It's hardly been exciting at ashton gate the last few years and yes our cup run season was great but what happened after that? It went down hill slowly but surely,They played there part in that down fall. 

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

Not at all but I can't see what Holden and McAllister has to do with concerts training ground multi pound sales etc. I'm on about the improvement of players the team set up the experience they give to get the best out of players.. It's hardly been exciting at ashton gate the last few years and yes our cup run season was great but what happened after that? It went down hill slowly but surely,They played there part in that down fall. 

Down to the head coach and his baffling tactics solely, 

Just now, Monkeh said:

Down to the head coach and his baffling tactics solely, 

Agreed with baffling tactics bit but I honestly believe we need a man to bring experience to our football club ie Hughton it needs experience in the coaching side as well, Johnson Holden McAllister all three very inexperienced when it comes to getting promotion to premierleague and even in there playing careers not exactly hit great heights.. So to hire a new man with the same two coaching staff it will only be back to square one again. That's my opinion anyway.

4 minutes ago, Street red said:

Agreed with baffling tactics bit but I honestly believe we need a man to bring experience to our football club ie Hughton it needs experience in the coaching side as well, Johnson Holden McAllister all three very inexperienced when it comes to getting promotion to premierleague and even in there playing careers not exactly hit great heights.. So to hire a new man with the same two coaching staff it will only be back to square one again. That's my opinion anyway.

no doubt we will but you don't sack them all its ridiculous to suggest it,

You need some leadership for the team and you need a handover to the new man

9 hours ago, Leveller said:

Indeed; I referred to Lez as “he” and Lez corrected it to “She”. Them someone else used “her” and Lez responded with “him”.  So, either confused, or struggling to remember which fib was used last!

There is another term to refer to "it" as, but I may get banned if I say it out loud :rolleyes:

Archived