IGNORED

Season 2020/21 fixture list calendar

phantom

3 hours ago, daored said:

I wouldn’t worry about it , highly unlikely fans will be in attendance this certainly. The only possibility will be home fans , wouldn’t surprise me if away fans were banned from all games this season 

I think so too. Several teams have asked fans of their social bubble details so they can arrange seating of fans when allowed. I don’t think away fans will be allowed in as no doubt clubs will be using all the space available to seat home fans. Unless things substantially change I don’t think it will be possible to travel away, sadly.

Yes Fixture Day is usually great. I’m either at Glastonbury or just arriving there and frantically looking at my phone and then booking time off work to go away. This year it just feels meh.

4 hours ago, Notbarrymanc said:

January looks like a real bitch of a month. A nice run in for us though (except for the last game).

edit - it’s not an ideal start for DH. Cov have momentum, Stoke and weds are much improved. Forest is never easy. Barnsley away will be attritional. Could see us start with 5 straight losses ?

Barnsley arguably matched if not bettered us twice last season in a lot of respects) result aside).

Nottingham Forest were the more attritional side, but Barnsley are reasonably attacking and can keep some decent possession under Struber. That said we took 4 points off Barnsley but only one from Nottingham Forest!

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Partially maybe Dave, but that would not explain the missing Stoke fixture or or three weekends in a row missing in November.

BBC site says our November weekend fixtures are:

7th, 21st and 28th.

Also which missing Stoke fixture? Not looked through the whole list yet though.

According to BBC, we're away to Stoke 19th September 2020 and at home on 2nd April 2021.

Obviously this all subject to change for the usual reasons but at this stage we have the basics.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

BBC site says our November weekend fixtures are:

7th, 21st and 28th.

Also which missing Stoke fixture? Not looked through the whole list yet though.

According to BBC, we're away to Stoke 19th September 2020 and at home on 2nd April 2021.

Obviously this all subject to change for the usual reasons but at this stage we have the basics.

I hadn't realise that the international break covered three weekends.  The missing Stoke game appears to be game 2.  Not sure how many others might be missing.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I hadn't realise that the international break covered three weekends.  The missing Stoke game appears to be game 2.  Not sure how many others might be missing.

The usual caveats etc but as it stands, International breaks I think are:

A weekend in September. 

A weekend in October. 

A weekend in November. 

A weekend in March. 

Obviously we play Exeter on that September weekend but if we have a lot of International call ups, maybe we'd wish to reschedule?

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is where the need for a bigger squad is highlighted (and why I don’t think any of the 5 CMs will go).

October we have 5 games in 14 days

December there are 9 games in 28 days (assume we’re not still in league cup)

Feb seven games in 28 days (8 if we’re in the FA Cup)

This season is survival of the fittest.

It'll be both a sprint and yet a slog at the same time! 

Depth could be key. Wouldn't hurt us too much if we exited the Cups fairly early.

I suppose also the risk/reward element. Winning is a habit- hit a good run with games coming so thick and fast, that can really carry a squad forward. 

Of course the flipside  this could be pretty dire if you lose a couple playing badly during such a busy spell as say December but some other months too! 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

The usual caveats etc but as it stands, International breaks I think are:

A weekend in September. 

A weekend in October. 

A weekend in November. 

A weekend in March. 

Obviously we play Exeter on that September weekend but if we have a lot of International call ups, maybe we'd wish to reschedule?

Calendar shows no fixtures on Dec 5th, 12th or 19th either.

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Competitively I agree, but they were on tv playing Rangers in a “pre season” game whilst the Championship play offs were going on, and last week away to Swindon. So they have actually hit the ground running long before we have. 

Then they’ll be exhausted ?

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Competitively I agree, but they were on tv playing Rangers in a “pre season” game whilst the Championship play offs were going on, and last week away to Swindon. So they have actually hit the ground running long before we have. 

A mate of mine is a Swindon fan and he said although it was a friendly, Coventry did not look like a Championship side and pretty toothless up front. Swindon won 2-1.
A lot can change though.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

City ranked 15th by the bookies.

C27B5490-FF1C-4275-B796-DA114EC05449.png

Interesting, I like E361 but I've never really thought that this difficulty matrix is his best work - mainly because it feeds off the bookies' stuff, and that he's at his strongest when dismantling their predictions. I think we've all been fans of this division long enough to know it's unlikely that the three clubs coming down from the Prem will be 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, Brentford should still be strong but I'd be surprised if they took the title. The teams from 5th - 20th could honestly be in any order and it would look possible.

Plus we've got some potential points deductions mixing things up, as well as the spectre of possible delays due to teams having to isolate at the drop of a hat (just look at how the Scottish leagues have started off).

30 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interesting, I like E361 but I've never really thought that this difficulty matrix is his best work - mainly because it feeds off the bookies' stuff, and that he's at his strongest when dismantling their predictions. I think we've all been fans of this division long enough to know it's unlikely that the three clubs coming down from the Prem will be 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, Brentford should still be strong but I'd be surprised if they took the title. The teams from 5th - 20th could honestly be in any order and it would look possible.

Plus we've got some potential points deductions mixing things up, as well as the spectre of possible delays due to teams having to isolate at the drop of a hat (just look at how the Scottish leagues have started off).

Yeah Sheffield Wed throw a spanner in all that as they're definitely not the 3rd weakest team so that distorts it. Also we have a few of the unfavoured teams in our run in who if goes as speculated here will have things to play for come April and then potentially be harder than mid table teams etc.

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Yeah Sheffield Wed throw a spanner in all that as they're definitely not the 3rd weakest team so that distorts it. Also we have a few of the unfavoured teams in our run in who if goes as speculated here will have things to play for come April and then potentially be harder than mid table teams etc.

Can't see that he did this exercise for last season. But below is the one for 2018/19. Bookies got the bottom 3 correct but not in the right order. The top half is pretty different. Norwich and Sheff Utd took the autos of course, bookies had both solidly mid-table. Leeds did get a play-off spot but the others that the bookies went for had to settle for a top-half finish. We managed to luck out and over-perform the bookies' prediction by 5 places. Stoke were predicted to romp to the title and of course finished way down in 16th.

2-ch-2018-07-30.jpg?w=860&h=608

19 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If we win a couple of cup games players who are on international duty looking at fixture list will not have time off until just before Boxing Day game.

I feel for anyone playing at the Euros next summer (assuming they happen) very little rest now from when the season re-commenced this year until end of 2021/22 season

On 21/08/2020 at 16:15, Major Isewater said:

Unlucky to be the opener for a newly promoted side , they normally play well above themselves with the momentum and adrenaline with them. 

Still Coventry won’t have Walsh ! 

Will he play do you reckon? Will he even be on the bench? Will he be here, will he be there, we'll just have to wait and see. dalalaldaldlalaadadaaa da da dahahalalala... we're going to ..... the asylum for free kay sirah sirahhhh.

On 21/08/2020 at 17:35, sephjnr said:

Who made the call to squeeze the first four rounds of the League cup into the first month? that's absolutely potty.

That story started a wayz back when that pillock at Imperial College got Boris' attention when he said if we don't lock down now we will have 250,000 deaths. It set a train of football events that we are all now discussing on here in contemplation of a miserable 6 months of non-crowd football. ?

17 hours ago, havanatopia said:

That story started a wayz back when that pillock at Imperial College got Boris' attention when he said if we don't lock down now we will have 250,000 deaths. It set a train of football events that we are all now discussing on here in contemplation of a miserable 6 months of non-crowd football. ?

The sane answer was earlier in the thread, but thanks for exposing your comprehension.

Archived