IGNORED

Bristol City v Coventry City Match Day 1

Much-improved second half, which wasn’t difficult!

Kalas MoM, Bents good too. Bakinson made a difference and added physicality to the midfield. Pato and Hunt worth a mention. The remainder need to raise their games a level or three....but early days - although one or two have bad habits that are becoming a recurring theme. 

Three points though so we're off.

Well done Dean for changing things around.  

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

He was quality but calm down . We’ve got a lot of quality to come back in , in midfield. Defintly thin he deserves a place in the squad though. Perhaps sell Nagy instead of loaning tyreeq

I hope they don't loan Bakinson, he will have a part to play this season, I'm sure.

Well done to DH for changing things in the second half - shape and personnel.  Transformed performance which bodes well.  

Some really good performances - Bakinson, Kallas, Paterson, Martin, Bentley & Vyner.

Massengo is so young and has a great future but I think he is a long way down the pecking order in our glut of midfielders.

Excellent. 2 wins to start the season and Pato is a spark. Should be MOM for me but understand Kalas. Martin and Bakinson both very good from bench.

We did have to wait for their press to tire before really pushing but we did in the end and earned the win. Far from perfect and some shaky performances but an opening day win is all that matters really. 

Oh! Dear new season same new coach same OTIB. It really is a hard place to be now match day Ok the performance first half was poor, but with so many injuries it was a patched up team, plenty of quality to come in, and this should have been the consideration with all the moaners on here. We have a very strong squad of players, good mixture of youth and experience, so need to blend, it was three points which gives us a good platform to build on, with all the quality to come in.  

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

O'Dowda is a very impressive young man. Just like Moore and Morrell. Some great characters we have there.

He just went a bit freestyle there when talking about man marking vs zonal marking, as if he was sat in a pub with a pint. Great stuff.

Look if you’ve got a thing for Callum just come out and say it jon. It’s 2020 mate , it’s not a problem ??

Archived