IGNORED

City v Stoke City - Match day 2

Davefevs

24 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Full match if you can bear the sanctimonious Stoke commentators 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12vniGeSIEQj3FOmJD68QQya6U1gW_Snq/view

That was funny, a minute or so into time added on at the end of the first half they claimed Stoke had been the better side. Then Wells scored.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Anyone whos manged or picked a side would always find a place for a Andi Weimann

Nope.

I'm with Joe on this one. He tries to do everything at 100 miles an hour when it's often not necessary, leading to poor touches and lack of composure. When he needs to do something instinctively with just one touch he's fine and in a side that wants to press his relentless energy is an asset - when we don't  have the ball. 

Well played yesterday though. 

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Took his goal like a striker - nice and composed in front of goal.

Seen him do that numerous times, but in midfield he seems to lose that composure. 

He'd be in my match day squad every game and get a load of starts, he's more than capable of dragging defenders all over the shop, but I'm still not sold on him being in midfield. 

Yep, should always be in the 18, and he ought to get plenty of starts.  I think most of us, me included, think there are more natural options in the midfield, but imho he has come in and done a very decent job, both individually and as part of the team.

I get frustrated by some pre-match comments, like “we will get outplayed with that midfield” when 1) that hasn’t proved to be the case in the majority of games so far 2) you see Stoke’s midfield.  The last thing Mikel, Powell and Clucas wanted was a player who runs past them.  Mikel, because he really likes to just sit in and view the game going on in front of him, Powell because he likes to “cheat”, e.g. sit in the space without needing to work back and Clucas, because he’s not that type of player who wants to do the hard yards either.

i think over the coming weeks as players like Williams become fit, we will see less of Weimann in midfield, but he’s set the benchmark for effort...and helped demonstrate what hardwork gets you!

• The title was changed to City v Stoke City - Match day 2

Archived