IGNORED

Morrell at Luton ....

headhunter

Need to play himself into the team doesn't he?  Can't expect to just walk into the side. 

Also, I'm not sure how Morrell's fitness or match sharpness was, but it's taken a while before Chris Brunt was deemed ready to start for us and he came with much more of a reputation than Morrell. 

9 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Need to play himself into the team doesn't he?  Can't expect to just walk into the side. 

Also, I'm not sure how Morrell's fitness or match sharpness was, but it's taken a while before Chris Brunt was deemed ready to start for us and he came with much more of a reputation than Morrell. 

So on that basis even though Willams & Walsh are allegedly available from November 21st we may not see them straight away then? 

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

So on that basis even though Willams & Walsh are allegedly available from November 21st we may not see them straight away then? 

Think the two scenarios are slightly different Dave 

Luton results wise are and have been probably doing better than many would expect 

Similarly if we were in a good run of results when they become available as we were at the start , I would probably expect them to wait their chance or or have to force their way in ,   So Yes

As it stands there’s a few alarm bells ringing and in most fans , at least , eyes , a need for change in personnel and/or system and thus the fitness of Walsh and a Williams has become more of an issue / subject

i wouldn’t see either as an automatic choice to come straight shoehorned in if at that time we were and had been playing well and getting results 

41 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Not exactly getting minutes on the grass up there is he?

Non-playing sub yesterday, couple of 2nd half sub appearances.

Surely he'd have been getting more minutes on the grass with us over the past 4 weeks had he stayed?

Just checked and he's not on this list;

Brunt,
Bakinson,
ODowda,
Paterson,
Weimann

so no, he wouldn't. He'd be sat with Nagy, Massengo,Walsh and Williams.

11 minutes ago, headhunter said:

No, I offered no comment on Walsh or Williams, but since you ask....

Walsh is our player and Deano has talked him up since he becoming head coach.  He knows him and what he is capable of.    

Williams was bought much earlier in the transfer window and is proven at this level.  

However, both Walsh and Williams will need to work to get ahead of Bakinson and Blunt (unless results are still poor).  

Morrell was bought late in the transfer window and has no pedigree at this level whereas other Luton players have a season under their belt.  He needs to get used to how Luton play too.  

Unlike you, I am not particularly surprised that Morrell hasn't started.  Just a different point of view.  

54 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Not exactly getting minutes on the grass up there is he?

Non-playing sub yesterday, couple of 2nd half sub appearances.

Surely he'd have been getting more minutes on the grass with us over the past 4 weeks had he stayed?

52 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Probably not mate as he’s a midfielder. We only play wingers and ‘number 10’s’ in midfield. 

I have to say, I agree with this response and when it was mentioned on the Forever pod that Morrell would get minutes I was thinking, wouldn't he get the same treatment as Nagy and Massengo?

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

However, both Walsh and Williams will need to work to get ahead of Bakinson and Blunt (unless results are still poor).   

So on that basis you are saying neither can displace Patterson or O'Dowda? 

Holden needs to change things big time if the points return from the next two games is less than 2. But will he? That is the question that could well define his / our season

I wouldn’t read too much into the fact he didn’t feature off the bench yesterday. He came off the bench twice for 30 mins apiece, started and got 89 mins in their 1-0 at Sheff Weds and was rotated out yesterday, a game in which they were 2-0 inside half an hour and had already made two subs by the time the second half got under way. I would expect he’ll start their next game. 

16 minutes ago, headhunter said:

So on that basis you are saying neither can displace Patterson or O'Dowda? 

Holden needs to change things big time if the points return from the next two games is less than 2. But will he? That is the question that could well define his / our season

Do want to go through the whole ******* squad, mate??   I said what I said and no more.  I give my opinion on your view on Morrell, and you seem intent in extrapolating my answers everyone else.  You'd probably manage to get in argument in an empty room.

We're playing a bit shite right now.  Changes are needed.  Enjoy your Sunday dinner, have a nice nap and take the rest of the day off. 

9 hours ago, headhunter said:

The coaching team may need a few weeks to coach the talent out of them first. 

That said, job done with Wells, Massengo and Nagy, so these two can have both barrels.

10 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why are we talking about this guy again? He's played one league game in seven years for us. He's not, and never really has been, a Bristol City player

If I understand correctly, JM has been with Bristol City since he was a young boy, so has grown up with the club and been very much part of its culture.

Whilst he may not have made many first team appearances (one?), I would suggest he was very much a Bristol City player.

In the circumstances, given JM’s oft-stated desire to be given the chance to prove himself, I think your comment is somewhat unfair, crass even.

49 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If I understand correctly, JM has been with Bristol City since he was a young boy, so has grown up with the club and been very much part of its culture.

Whilst he may not have made many first team appearances (one?), I would suggest he was very much a Bristol City player.

In the circumstances, given JM’s oft-stated desire to be given the chance to prove himself, I think your comment is somewhat unfair, crass even.

It certainly wasn't meant as an insult towards Joe himself - fair play to him for coming through the ranks, and it's a pity he didn't get a chance here. But it seems odd having page after page talking about him, when he's barely been seen in a City shirt and has now left. 

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

It certainly wasn't meant as an insult towards Joe himself - fair play to him for coming through the ranks, and it's a pity he didn't get a chance here. But it seems odd having page after page talking about him, when he's barely been seen in a City shirt and has now left. 

OK, fair enough and point taken.

I just thought it a bit unfair to belittle a young man, one who turned down Liverpool no less to pursue his dream of playing for his home town club.

My apologies, as it would seem I misunderstood your sentiment.

21 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

OK, fair enough and point taken.

I just thought it a bit unfair to belittle a young man, one who turned down Liverpool no less to pursue his dream of playing for his home town club.

My apologies, as it would seem I misunderstood your sentiment.

No worries mate. I wish we'd given him a chance, to be honest. I was disappointed when we let him go

12 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well said Phil

And as he made his debut at 16 , but someone who never then got much of a look in there after, I think some at least,  want to , and will , keep an eye on his career 

I admire the lad has fought through that and done the hard yards on loan,  played International Football and forging a very decent career at a very high level of Football

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Well said Phil

And as he made his debut at 16 , but someone who never then got much of a look in there after, I think some at least,  want to , and will , keep an eye on his career 

I admire the lad has fought through that and done the hard yards on loan,  played International Football and forging a very decent career at a very high level of Football

Exactly. Luton is a brave move too, won't be an easy ride and could be fighting for survival, won't be on particularly high wages either. All because he wants games and to further his career.

Would've been much easier for him to stay at City, get some game time and have a more comfortable season without uprooting his life to move over there.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. Luton is a brave move too, won't be an easy ride and could be fighting for survival, won't be on particularly high wages either. All because he wants games and to further his career.

Would've been much easier for him to stay at City, get some game time and have a more comfortable season without uprooting his life to move over there.

Out of likes,  but excellent points

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Out of likes,  but excellent points

I find it really strange that there are a few on here who seem to be very eager for him to fail. Just seemed to get his head down and try to better himself whilst here. Now has chosen to move to get games - didn't mess the club around and just got on with it. 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Perhaps he knew the future at BS 3 and decided to get out while the going is good. After all the current squad is still flying high under a new manager, well they were up to 3 games ago and unless DH goes and the board apologise that they made the wrong decision and should have appointed a more proven experienced manager.

we should not be talking now about individual players but the future of the club as we all love City and we still ain’t getting no where. We get an erection with a few wins and a couple of draws but as soon as we match up with other quality teams we fail. We have always failed.

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

We get an erection with a few wins and a couple of draws but as soon as we match up with other quality teams we fail. 

Yes, we tend to flop, don't we?

When it comes to our ambitions for the season we can only hope the addition of latecomers Williams and Walsh will provide the backbone required to keep us right up there, standing proud, with the staying power to finish the job to everyone's satisfaction.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yes, we tend to flop, don't we?

When it comes to our ambitions for the season we can only hope the addition of latecomers Williams and Walsh will provide the backbone required to keep us right up there, standing proud, with the staying power to finish the job to everyone's satisfaction.

Lets hope 

Archived