IGNORED

Can anyone remember?

Robbored

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Hateley?

Son of Tony Hateley who went to play in Italy in early Sixties.

That’s him! 

It was when his dad was moving clubs frequently in the 60s that I first read the term ‘journeyman’. Probably in ‘Shoot’ or ‘Goal’ magazine. It’s stayed with me ever since.

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Hateley?

Son of Tony Hateley who went to play in Italy in early Sixties.

Mark - was talking about him with a golfing partner , who is a big Rangers fan, only 10 days ago.

Mark Hateley was never at Liverpool, Mark Walters was at both Liverpool & Rangers as well as Rovers & Aston Villa but he was a winger, predominantly left-sided.

Now they are very easy to tell apart so much so, that anyone who knows who they both are would never get them mixed up with each other.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

That’s him! 

It was when his dad was moving clubs frequently in the 60s that I first read the term ‘journeyman’. Probably in ‘Shoot’ or ‘Goal’ magazine. It’s stayed with me ever since.

Also played in Detroit, Milan and Monaco. What a journey! 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s him! 

You do know there’s something called google that you can use rather than wasting our time?!

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Mark Hateley was never at Liverpool, Mark Walters was at both Liverpool & Rangers as well as Rovers & Aston Villa but he was a winger, predominantly left-sided.

Now they are very easy to tell apart so much so, that anyone who knows who they both are would never get them mixed up with each other.

Mark Hateley’s Dad, Tony, played for Liverpool but not Rangers.

Mark Hateley played for Rangers but not for Liverpool.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You do know there’s something called google that you can use rather than wasting our time?!

Of course but I couldn’t  remember the guys name.

I googled Liverpool, Glasgow Rangers but no good. All I got was the fixtures!

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Beat me too it.

Tony had a decent record for Liverpool 28 in 56.

Mark 88 in 169 for Rangers , not too sloppy either.

9 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I really liked mark hateley. Last in the breed of old school centre forwards. Could also play a bit as you didn't play for Milan in that era if you couldn't. 

His father was a proper old school centre forward and one of the best headers of a ball I've seen.

10 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I really liked mark hateley. Last in the breed of old school centre forwards. Could also play a bit as you didn't play for Milan in that era if you couldn't. 

Tony Hateley was great in the air, but I’ve just read in Wikipedia that Tommy Docherty said his passes ought to be labelled “to whom it may concern”!

27 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Also played in Detroit, Milan and Monaco. What a journey! 

Good old-fashioned Target-Man....akways a player I liked.  Portsmouth- him and Alan Biley (shocking Barnet) were good together.

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Mark Hateley played 32 times for England too - I never would have guessed it was that many.

Scored the other goal in the John Barnes Brazil game...back post header.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good old-fashioned Target-Man....akways a player I liked.  Portsmouth- him and Alan Biley (shocking Barnet) were good together.

He got some unrelenting stick and songs at AG in Div one days I recall

Was either with Derby or Everton then IIRC

35 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Well if he had asked ‘does anyone remember a Liverpool players son who played for Rangers’, I might of got it but he wanted to know someone from 29/25 years ago (rather 25/29) years ago who played for Liverpool & Rangers, hence my answer. If he can’t ask the question in an understandable language, he’s probably going to struggle to get an understandable answer. (Unless you speak Robbored, which I clearly don’t).

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Tony Hateley was great in the air, but I’ve just read in Wikipedia that Tommy Docherty said his passes ought to be labelled “to whom it may concern”!

Haha classic! I'm having that one.

55 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He got some unrelenting stick and songs at AG in Div one days I recall

Was either with Derby or Everton then IIRC

Biley with the blond Farrah Fawcett cut, was all kinds of wrong. Got a hard time from the East End when he came down with Derby as I recall. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Alan Biley (shocking Barnet)

21 minutes ago, City Rocker said:.

Biley with the blond Farrah Fawcett cut, was all kinds of wrong. Got a hard time from the East End when he came down with Derby as I recall. 

And he proves that you don’t need to change your haircut as each decade rolls by , and you can still stay modern 

A6C90249-8799-424A-B6D6-7AD9C2733977.jpeg

01D1A670-C89A-444B-8679-B082C34CB17A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Saw the Barnes goal pop up on twitter earlier, as it’s his birthday today. 
Prompted me to have a listen to World In Motion too. ?

Archived