IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

1 hour ago, WarksRobin said:

So you would allow an unsporting outcome to stand? If that’s the case why would Mercedes and Ferrari comply with the cap in future? The drivers championship is far more important than the constructors. 

I'm not saying what I'd do, just what I think might happen.

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

Excuse my ignorance, but if the team were excluded who would they drive for? 

Not at all, I mean that the team may be excluded from the constructors championship results (i.e. earn zero points and come last, it happened to McLaren in 2007). The drivers championship would remain the same.

17 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Max Verstappen, World Champion again. A bit of an odd end to the GP with no one sure why full points were awarded but there you go

Only F1 could replace rules that made sense but weren’t properly applied with ones that don’t make any sense 

40 minutes racing but stopped by the clock is full points but 40 minutes racing stopped early isn’t ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, East Londoner said:

Only F1 could replace rules that made sense but weren’t properly applied with ones that don’t make any sense 

40 minutes racing but stopped by the clock is full points but 40 minutes racing stopped early isn’t ??‍♂️

They've managed to make up the rules two years in a row now!

Red Bull have been found in 'minor' breach of Formula 1's cost cap, the FIA has confirmed.

As reported by Sky Sports News last week, Red Bull have overstepped last season's $145m cap by less than five per cent. A punishment has not yet been revealed, although a severe penalty is not expected.

3 hours ago, bearded_red said:

This news would discredit last year’s championship, but it’s literally impossible to discredit last year’s championship any more than it already is.

We all know who actually won the title last season.

It's not Max's fault at all really, so I don't blame him, but this really does make me sympathise with Lewis.

Twice now he's been robbed of an extra Championship, which would make him the greatest ever. Once through his team's incompetence, and secondly through the FIA's and Red Bull's incompetence (if we're being kind).

And worst of all, he's put in the situation where if he ever speaks about it, the whole of the Internet piles in on him, because it's so easy to hate on the guy. Given what happened with Karen and Masi, there's no way I'd be able to keep my mouth shut if I were him.

• Like 1

I watched Rush again last night and was once again amazed at the technical side of that film in the racing footage. The only thing that spoils it for me a little is that throughout the film they portray them constantly at loggerheads and that Lauda was an unsmiling machine, but then at the end they show actual pictures of them talking and laughing together. It suggests a far deeper relationship than the film has spent 2 hours showing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I watched Rush again last night and was once again amazed at the technical side of that film in the racing footage. The only thing that spoils it for me a little is that throughout the film they portray them constantly at loggerheads and that Lauda was an unsmiling machine, but then at the end they show actual pictures of them talking and laughing together. It suggests a far deeper relationship than the film has spent 2 hours showing.

Brilliant film. You've probably seen it anyway, but Senna was also just amazing to watch. Quite emotional when the inevitable is shown as well actually.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 18:45, bearded_red said:

We all know who actually won the title last season.

On 10/10/2022 at 18:55, Maltshoveller said:

Yeah race director Masi won it for Max

Slight correction MS.:)

Red Bull are just so ****ing detestable aren't they :facepalm:. Struggling to cope with 2 big fat asterisks next to their 2 titles.

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Does anybody have a likely stream for this?

My favourites (Hesgoal, VIP etc.) have all crashed.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Try one of these mate.

Formula 1 2022 - Mexico GP live stream - Reddit F1 Streams

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Red Bull are just so ****ing detestable aren't they :facepalm:. Struggling to cope with 2 big fat asterisks next to their 2 titles.

Try one of these mate.

Formula 1 2022 - Mexico GP live stream - Reddit F1 Streams

Thanks, but I a having problems with REDDIT as well.

I have finally found a stream using ESPN, so hoping the second half of the race is worth all the hassle - 37 laps gone so far!

The madness is that the fine doesn’t count against their cap so they will save money on wind tunnel testing which they can spend on other development, like lightweight parts. And as the reduction is a proportion of their permitted wind tunnel testing (as champions they have the least time next season anyway) they don’t lose out as much as say Williams would have. 

• Like 1