IGNORED

Job for Cotts - Finally !

GrahamC

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What finances?

What opportunity?

Why those players?

What is the relevance of that to my point.  Try responding to that first, then we can move onto those points if you like 

The point I’m making that you’re trying to ignore is that for Riaz to base a “sure thing” of relegation for a side that was only 2 points from safety with 20 games to go is pretty bonkers.  To base that on a position with 17 days of a transfer window left is more bonkers, and then the triple-bonkers was that he could still recruit 93 day emergency loans between 9th Feb to 26th March.  So much could happen in that remaining period, as in fact it actually did.  It’s not a Cotterill / LJ thing...although you always try that lens....it’s just a pure timing debate, e.g. it was too early to be sure

Nobody is trying to say we would definitely have stayed up either.  Guess what, it was too early to be sure of that.

What I am saying (again ??‍♂️) is that Riaz can have no certainty that we were going down.  I have no problem with him having his opinion / prediction, but he constantly says it was guaranteed.

Do you agree?

If you have a look at the 6 seasons prior only 3 sides in the bottom 3 on the 14th of January stayed up, the reason they did so is because they changed their manager during the season. Every other side between 2009/15 who were in the bottom 3 on the 14th of January went down, until us. 

obviously it’s football, and so anything can happen, but that’s a slightly pointless argument as you could use it for anything. However, looking at the stats, where our form was heading, and the history of the league, it is highly likely we’d have been relegated and so a change was needed. Perhaps @Riaz is a bit too confident in that but his confidence certainly isn’t misplaced, as history shows

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Hi @Riazanswering this one seems to have escaped you, I appreciate why you’ve ignored it, because it’s lose/lose for you, but would you mind? Ta. 

I dont think that Cotterill was sacked becuase of results.

I've discussed this before, but i'm not allowed to expand. Because the forum could get sued.

Conspiracy theory re him going to Shrewsbury.

Maybe he was offered the Gash job but stuck two fingers up.

18 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I've discussed this before, but i'm not allowed to expand. Because the forum could get sued.

Feel free to PM me the details, I am really intrigued. 

9 hours ago, Riaz said:

I look forward to you taking back your accusation :laugh:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35229698

E83B4E17-4383-4D32-8C1A-EAA74819B8E2.png

Ahhhhh ok fair enough - yes we were doomed for sure

Ill just remind you - the head coach you praised to the heavens escaped relegation danger in the penultimate game the following season - so I wouldn’t get too carried away

And as below you indicate that SC wasn’t sacked because if results anyway - so what’s your point ?

laugh

37 minutes ago, Riaz said:

BULLS****

Sadly , It appears you havnt got over the departure of your much lauded head coach , and remain bitter and twisted in respect of the manager who brought the most entertaining season ive seen in 50 yrs

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ahhhhh ok fair enough - yes we were doomed for sure

Ill just remind you - the head coach you praised to the heavens escaped relegation danger in the penultimate game the following season - so I wouldn’t get too carried away

And as below you indicate that SC wasn’t sacked because if results anyway - so what’s your point ?

laugh

BULLS****

Sadly , It appears you havnt got over the departure of your much lauded head coach , and remain bitter and twisted in respect of the manager who brought the most entertaining season ive seen in 50 yrs

Any other manager, I think you will agree, SL would have been much more patient. Especially as he won the league.

But whether SL sacked him early or not, i didnt see any signs of improvement. Cotts was using the same tactics in this division that were working in league one, but werent working in this division.

I cant deny, i just dont rate Cotterill. Not at this level anyway. And the fact he's rocked up at shrewsbury, kind of proves me right.

I think our fans memories of the season before, make them forget how bad we were the following season. But as i say, SL usually gives managers every chance..

6 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Any other manager, I think you will agree, SL would have been much more patient. Especially as he won the league.

But whether SL sacked him early or not, i didnt see any signs of improvement. Cotts was using the same tactics in this division that were working in league one, but werent working in this division.

I cant deny, i just dont rate Cotterill. Not at this level anyway. And the fact he's rocked up at shrewsbury, kind of proves me right.

I think our fans memories of the season before, make them forget how bad we were the following season. But as i say, SL usually gives managers every chance..

How about the season after , despite Tammys efforts

14 months and 3 transfer windows later , ( with Lee merrily spending Steve’s kitty) we were (April 2017) One place and One point off the relegation Zone , and as I keep reminding you got safe with an unexpected away win at Brighton in the penultimate game

I didn’t particularly take to him as a person , but you will be waiting many a year to see football and entertainment that SC dished up 

Shame you are so bitter - maybe a personal story there

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

Conspiracy theory re him going to Shrewsbury.

Maybe he was offered the Gash job but stuck two fingers up.

Feel free to PM me the details, I am really intrigued. 

Not really a conspiracy, I'm sure for the right money he'd have considered Rovers. I doubt they would be able to pay him what he'd want. 

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really a conspiracy, I'm sure for the right money he'd have considered Rovers. I doubt they would be able to pay him what he'd want. 

Plus it is already clear he has a long term friendship with some of those now running Shrewsbury, whilst it would have been much easier for him domestically to take a job in the city he lived, after his huge fallout with those in charge of us maybe he felt he couldn’t trust those running things over the river, either?

2 hours ago, Riaz said:

Name a manager SL has given the same level of chance that he gave his mate.

(hint: you can’t, so you’ll avoid answering)

38 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

"Same level of chance"

"his mate" improved our league position every season, while losing his best player(s) every season.

I think he got the same level of chance bar every manager apart from cotts.

6 minutes ago, Riaz said:

"Same level of chance"

"his mate" improved our league position every season, while losing his best player(s) every season.

I think he got the same level of chance bar every manager apart from cotts.

I don’t believe that you genuinely believe that. 

45 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Posters go on about the ‘chance’ and the support LJ got from SL but that was because LJ was delivering despite losing his better players every window. 

SL expects from every City manager signs of progress season on season and that’s what LJ achieved but when it became impossible to improve on the previous season again  LJ got sacked. 

SL is a man of his word.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Posters go on about the ‘chance’ and the support LJ got from SL but that was because LJ was delivering despite losing his better players every window...whilst increasing the wage budget, amortisation costs and ultimately making selling players a necessity to stay within FFP.  The player sales bit is always a one-sided argument, rarely takes into account the TOTAL COST / IMPACT of the recruitment inbound.  

SL expects from every City manager signs of progress season on season and that’s what LJ achieved but when it became impossible to improve on the previous season again  LJ got sacked. 

SL is a man of his word.

Added some context.  Not having a go at you per se, just that with the excellent job done on player sales, I expected better use of the funds use to recruit their replacements and develop them / play them.  But it’s a subjective discussion.

If you were judging his performance you’d have a dashboard along the lines for:

• league position improvement ✅
  • player sales ✅
  • player purchases ↔️
  • impact on P&L ↔️/⛔
  • youth pathway etc etc 

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Added some context.  Not having a go at you per se, just that with the excellent job done on player sales, I expected better use of the funds use to recruit their replacements and develop them / play them.  But it’s a subjective discussion.

The context in which I posted was that the unfair comments of bias that SL so say but showed to LJ and not to for other managers was to highlight the reasoning behind the support LJ received - SL expected to see  progress season on season which until his last season LJ had achieved despite having to sell his better players. The fiscal implications of those deals are not relevant is this case. 

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The context in which I posted was that the unfair comments of bias that SL so say but showed to LJ and not to for other managers was to highlight the reasoning behind the support LJ received - SL expected to see  progress season on season which until his last season LJ had achieved despite having to sell his better players. The fiscal implications of those deals are not relevant is this case. 

That’s fair enough....although not unreasonable if someone did want a more rounded appraisal of his tenure, for them to add that in either. ??

Archived