IGNORED

Dire

Lenners

14 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Am I missing something with your forum name? Is the part that says ‘Jolly’ the most misleading start to a name in history?

I would think the 'Jolly' stands for the Jolly roger flag and 'Oli. stands for Ian Holloway..

Can't argue, first half was pretty poor, 2nd half after a few tweaks was better. Over the 90 we were probably a little lucky to get the win, but again Bentley didn't have a difficult save to make, all be it that was probably down to QPR's failings.

Now, and I can't believe I have to keep pointing this out. We have 3 first team centre backs out( yes Kalas was back last night), 3 midfielders out (yes Bakinson came back for 10 minutes) plus Weimann who was playing in there, we have our only option at right back out. Not only is that an obvious problem, we have to ease the remaining payers through an intense period of games where you are shuffling players around to keep people fit.

It looks like Holden has set up the ream in a very pragmatic style, purely to nick points and trying to keep things tight. If and when we get players back, we will see a different style and quite a different team. We are seeing a team fighting to stay in contention with sometime 8 players out and having the training ground shut for weeks due to COVID. I want to see us win playing good football, but at the moment we are doing well to stay in touch. 

46 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Maybe we're an excellent side off the ball...... 

Exactly this Archie

A lot of hidden work on our shape and discipline without the ball 

In the last 7/8 performances , a number where we were assessed as being poor / fortunate by many fans , 

How many exceptional saves has Dan Bentley had to make ?

Our points tally is impressive , and for those wanting better performances and us dominating sides or sweeping sides abide

We’ve  never done that at this level in my lifetime 

7 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

Sorry to put a downer on the result, I’ve given myself a few hours to reflect and even watched the highlights package back and come to the same conclusion. That was poor, again.

Our game plan just seems to be to not get dicked in the first half through nothing other than luck (missed chances) and then finally have a go.

Lee Johnson’s reign in terms of style of football was it it’s worst last season, this is just as bad if not arguably worse.

Seriously, if the football was shite but the end result was good I’d be content (i.e Warnock with his 8 promotions), but we are due an absolute drubbing soon from any half decent side gifting chances as we are and you can bet everything you own on us unravelling at the back end of the season just as we always do.

I’m struggling to find much to be positive about currently. Semenyo looks a talent, O’Dowda’s stepping up at long last and Vyner’s been a breath of fresh air. Other than that? As I said, I’m struggling.

Bet you’re fun at parties 

Football isn't all about slick flowing masterclass of the game. Very few teams achieve that consistently.anyone who can't appreciate the character, work rate, effort and tactical switches made last night to achieve that result, really doesn't have the first clue about the game. 

I thought we were in big trouble whilst their winger was tearing us apart and could see them bagging several more goals. 

We rode that storm and come the end I was proud of every single one of the team who put in 100% and its great to be seeing COD finally looking so up for it and effective. 

The spirit and togetherness of this group, in the face of so many key injuries/absentees, is fantastic and our league position, after 1/3 season gone, is surely above even the most optimistic of predictions. 

Well done boys & COYR! 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I regularly think like this. It all goes back to the false position debate and I genuinely think we are in one. The warning signs are there. 

That being said, we’ve probably got 4-5 first teamers out injured. If we can just hang in there, I think we’ll be very different with a first choice midfield. 

Spot on - the OP will get pelters on here but how anyone can say we deserved the win last night is beyond me, we should have been 4-1 down at HT and the fact we were not had nothing to do with us. 
however a much better 2nd half and i will greatfully take the 3 points 

Massively agree that we are riding our luck.

You've only got to look at the stats...even worse than last season.

We saw the warning signs under LJ...poor performance and poor stats. Same points this season, poor performances and worse stats.

You can ride your luck for so long...but it things out in the end.

Everyone loves Holden...because he's a breath of fresh air after LJ and people like his no bullshit approach.

But if we were doing this under LJ it would be a different story.

The bubble will burst soon if things don't change.

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Have you seen the table?  We’ve won 8, are 3rd and 1 point off top after playing 15 of the 23 teams we can face including 8 of the current top 11.  By your own rules, if you are not content with that then you need a new hobby, seriously

Have you seen the league table after the last three seasons at this stage? 

We’re always up and around it, it always catches up with us though and it will do again. 

It’s an awful watch. For the amount that say “I’d never have Warnock!” on here, his style of football is no worse currently.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I regularly think like this. It all goes back to the false position debate and I genuinely think we are in one. The warning signs are there. 

That being said, we’ve probably got 4-5 first teamers out injured. If we can just hang in there, I think we’ll be very different with a first choice midfield. 

This “first choice midfield thing” that regularly gets trotted out, I’ve seen Gregor says this, too.

Walsh has not done anything in his career yet to suggest he is the equal of Nagy & if Bakinson can continue his improvement then he certainly deserves to be a big part of the equation.

Williams should be an asset (if he ever gets on the pitch, that is) but I would not be so sure those 2 are going to ever form a regular midfield pairing for us, myself.

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

Massively agree that we are riding our luck.

You've only got to look at the stats...even worse than last season.

We saw the warning signs under LJ...poor performance and poor stats. Same points this season, poor performances and worse stats.

You can ride your luck for so long...but it things out in the end.

Everyone loves Holden...because he's a breath of fresh air after LJ and people like his no bullshit approach.

But if we were doing this under LJ it would be a different story.

The bubble will burst soon if things don't change.

And if we were doing it under Hughton (or someone like Warnock) the people criticising would be calling it efficient and ruthless.

Some of you ought to have watched Leeds over the last two years at this level. Weaker squad than ours, players getting injured (which happened frequently due to their high intensity football) didn’t change their style of play. Those that came in knew their jobs and adapted, they dominated pretty much every single game.

Coaching.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

At the start of the season had you been told we'd play most games with Vyner and Moore at the heart of defence, that Rowe would be a regular, that COD would hold down a midfield position, that we'd miss Bakeinson and that Semenyo would keep Fam and Wells out of the team I doubt that many would have expected little more than a midtable spot at best 

Factor in a rookie boss, that most fans never wanted or rated, I suspect most would have been happy just to stay out of the bottom 6.

That we are where we are, despite an horrendous catelogue of injuries, speaks volumes for a team (including coaching staff) all pulling in the same direction. 

As for how we play, at the end of each round of golf my scorecard doesn't record the how, just the how many - the league table is much the same. 

Have to agree, holden has got us 3rd in the table with a lot of first teamers out injured, hes getting more out of the squad than he has any right to.

3 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Some of you ought to have watched Leeds over the last two years at this level. Weaker squad than ours, players getting injured (which happened frequently due to their high intensity football) didn’t change their style of play. Those that came in knew their jobs and adapted, they dominated pretty much every single game.

Coaching.

How's the protest going?

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Have to agree, holden has got us 3rd in the table with a lot of first teamers out injured, hes getting more out of the squad than he has any right to.

That’s still an incredibly strong side he fielded last night at this level, make no mistake whatsoever.

If Osayi-Samuel converts his chance which he should’ve in the 93rd minute no-one on here is positive about the performance or situation. Fickle game.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

How's the protest going?

Objective achieved actually, had a call with senior figures at the club in regards to the current situation/decisions on the playing field and the matchday experience off the playing field.

Proposals suggested, all being looked into. Hopefully will make for a better matchday experience for all of us when we go back. 

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And if we were doing it under Hughton (or someone like Warnock) the people criticising would be calling it efficient and ruthless.

100%.

Said a week ago we are playing exactly like 
a Warnock side & many on here were very keen to see him here.

Out of interest, what point of the season for you would we no longer be in a false position, say inside the top six?  20 games? 30? If we finish in the top six after 46 will you still be saying it?

Are we though? Any teams ‘right’ position depends not only on their own performance but also those around them. Look at the league table....aside from Brentford (who we haven’t seen yet) and Norwich, who should be above us?. Are we that much worse than the teams below us? Not on the basis of what I’ve seen. 

You could argue that reflects the standard of the league as a whole this season. But you can only compete at the level you’re at. 

Agree though that if we can sort out some of these injuries we could be better. I think that’s more about consistency than individual players, getting a settled pattern, shape, understanding. 

14 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

That’s still an incredibly strong side he fielded last night at this level, make no mistake whatsoever.

If Osayi-Samuel converts his chance which he should’ve in the 93rd minute no-one on here is positive about the performance or situation. Fickle game.

Oh, it certainly is , as our former beloved leader used to say, all about fine margins. An inch or so in that deflection off the Watford keepers boot and Fam scores, we’ve beaten them and are still 3rd despite Osayi-Samuel’s late equaliser last night. 3 or 4 last ditch blocks against Reading rather than Watford and those results are reversed. 

It was  strong side last night, agree, and every side has been making changes, but we don’t seem to have many natural replacements that don’t require us to change formation, style, shape and I think that partly explains why, last night for example, it seemed to take a very difficult first half for us to sort it out. 

46 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Have you seen the league table after the last three seasons at this stage? 

We’re always up and around it, it always catches up with us though and it will do again. 

It’s an awful watch. For the amount that say “I’d never have Warnock!” on here, his style of football is no worse currently.

Look at the schedule & the injuries we have! There is very little opportunity to rotate or rest players & playing every 3 days or so leaves very little time for proper training when you factor in the the players need a rest day after a game, so 4 day’s a week are taken up with playing & rest days & then factor into it the traveling (if we’re away), so possibly 5 or 6 days a week are being used on matches, rest days & travel! That leaves 1 day or maybe 3 at most (depending on where our fixtures are) to work on things!

46 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Coaching.

Leeds had a weaker squad than us? Now I know you are ******* deluded!! 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Last night the QPR goal was down to poor defending with Dickie being allowed a free header but that’s not a worrying warning sign as such, just a defensive error that we fortunately don’t see that often.

They could of had 4 or 5 last night.

Archived